Like Tree246Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Old 04-03-2013, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blade954
I think with the right Paint job will look better... i'm going to have a look at them.
Ain't no paint job thats gonna fix that huge flank. Its like a short bus almost . They should make the cars cartoonish, huge windows at least then it looks proportional.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Curious why would you stiffen up the rear with that full brace and then make roll center changes with the inner tower camber link to counter less rear grip?
Old 04-03-2013, 11:12 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by aloksatoor
Curious why would you stiffen up the rear with that full brace and then make roll center changes with the inner tower camber link to counter less rear grip?
Since Christmas, I've been racing on polished rubber or wood gym floors, super low grip. This coming weekend we switch to the outdoors season and high grip astro turf, or astro/grass tracks. So car setup begins again.

In the low grip tracks, I didn't find any advantage with the chassis screw/flex options. It was best with them all in, and there was still some front to rear flex in the chassis. This stiffens up the front-to-back flex, but still gives the torsional flex to help with grip. I'm going to give it a try.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by neallewis
Also just fitted:

Yaiba Racing XB4 Woven Graphite Long Upper Deck V.2 - YRG070

It's available from MB Models: http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php...r-deck-v2.html
Nice!

Last weekend I drove for the first time outdoor with the XB4, it was so cold (living in The Netherlands), car was not that good. Changed something on the rear shocks and now it's going better. I want to find out a good base setup first and work from there.

Nice that MB Models has that in stock, it's actually my favorite UK shop.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:59 AM
Tech Initiate

I'm find outdoors on the astro here in the UK, the car prefers to be set up quite soft. I've softened mine and run the Prog springs and its dialled.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Sounds like someone wants more steering
Old 04-03-2013, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by neallewis
Since Christmas, I've been racing on polished rubber or wood gym floors, super low grip. This coming weekend we switch to the outdoors season and high grip astro turf, or astro/grass tracks. So car setup begins again.

In the low grip tracks, I didn't find any advantage with the chassis screw/flex options. It was best with them all in, and there was still some front to rear flex in the chassis. This stiffens up the front-to-back flex, but still gives the torsional flex to help with grip. I'm going to give it a try.
Hmm cool. Never have driven on polished surfaces ever. I am interested in the towers for sure for the extra inner camber links . Let us know how they work out for you. I won't ever buy stuff from tresrey/yaiba or whatever they call themselves now though (bad experience with the durango stuff).

BTW your wiring rocks very clean. Its like urs only in my mind can never pull it off that clean hehe. I run my wires under the drivetrain but the wires get longer and heavier.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dennisV
Nice!

Last weekend I drove for the first time outdoor with the XB4, it was so cold (living in The Netherlands), car was not that good. Changed something on the rear shocks and now it's going better. I want to find out a good base setup first and work from there.

Nice that MB Models has that in stock, it's actually my favorite UK shop.
Good luck with your setup. hopefully it's getting warmer and dryer!

MB is local to me (I call in every week), but they are shipping more and more orders all round the world every day. Carry big stocks of Xray parts, plus all the others, and are now the UK Yokomo agent.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sime46
I'm find outdoors on the astro here in the UK, the car prefers to be set up quite soft. I've softened mine and run the Prog springs and its dialled.
Sime46, do you mean soft damping, or soft chassis flex, whatever that is?
I've been running soft damping indoors, and its great over bumps and things like gym crash mats and the small jumps, but i find the rear collapses a lot on power corners and I struggle to put the power down on bits of high-grip carpet, etc

I've been running the 3 dot rears, couldn't get on with the progressives. I went up on the roll bar thickness last weekend from kit, but it was still doing the same.

What pistons/oil are you running?
Old 04-03-2013, 05:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ozzy-crawl
Have been searching with no luck,can anyone tell me what the largest pinion is that will fit the stock spur and if any other brand spurs fit.
I will be running stock and were i run thats 17.5t
Any help much appreciated
hey mate, I'm running 4wd Stock as well (seems like this class only exists in Aus!)

Running a 75t AE spur and 32t pinion.. You just have to drill out the hole on the AE spur to get it to fit..
Old 04-03-2013, 06:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hars
hey mate, I'm running 4wd Stock as well (seems like this class only exists in Aus!)

Running a 75t AE spur and 32t pinion.. You just have to drill out the hole on the AE spur to get it to fit..
Thanks mate,much appreciated.
Was drilling it out ok. Not off center.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I'm running 17.5 blinky (31/69 - probably overgeared). Used a body reamer on a kimborough AE 69T, didn't have any real issues (although I didn't check centering too closely. Only have to widen by maybe 1mm diameter.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ozzy-crawl
Thanks mate,much appreciated.
Was drilling it out ok. Not off center.
So far so good, haven't stripped anything yet! silvalis may be onto something with the body reamer though - going to try that next. It's a very small amount of spur you need to remove.

Originally Posted by silvalis
I'm running 17.5 blinky (31/69 - probably overgeared). Used a body reamer on a kimborough AE 69T, didn't have any real issues (although I didn't check centering too closely. Only have to widen by maybe 1mm diameter.
I don't have enough speed to clear one particular double at my track and it's annoying me. I'm literally cm from clearing it so I may try a smaller spur

How do you find your temps?
Old 04-03-2013, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hars
So far so good, haven't stripped anything yet! silvalis may be onto something with the body reamer though - going to try that next. It's a very small amount of spur you need to remove.

I don't have enough speed to clear one particular double at my track and it's annoying me. I'm literally cm from clearing it so I may try a smaller spur

How do you find your temps?
Just be careful and don't let the reamer bite too much. I basically just did circles on one side, flip it over and do the other side, then repeat until it fits properly.

(Reedy sonic 17.5, viper vtx10r, 29 ambient)
I took my buggy off the track at 80 which is a bit warm. I'm going to drop 2 teeth next race (29/69). Might work out fine for you just going to a 72T spur?
Old 04-03-2013, 09:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Thats some good info thanks guys much appreciated.
Mite start of with 75/31 see how it goes as we run 10 min finals

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.