Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Possibly starting new onroad track

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 02:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Possibly starting new onroad track

So I need some info from some members on tech. The area that I'm working with is 65ft long by 60ft wide. Is that long enough to run 17.5 blinky touring?? Does anyone have info on the square piping that I see a lot of tracks use?? Also what is a typical lane width?? Any help or info would be greatly appreciated!
Old 10-19-2012, 03:56 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pinionizer
So I need some info from some members on tech. The area that I'm working with is 65ft long by 60ft wide. Is that long enough to run 17.5 blinky touring?? Does anyone have info on the square piping that I see a lot of tracks use?? Also what is a typical lane width?? Any help or info would be greatly appreciated!
Kind of small but better then not racing at all I'm guessing your going carpet
If so we have had a lot of fun on a track smaller then that in Florida
The box PVC is from CRC racing or calandra I think
Lane width should be about 8 to 10 ft
I will se if I can find you a link on the track

Good luck hope you can get it going
Old 10-19-2012, 04:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yes the building already has a commercial grade carpet installed. Does anyone run 21.5 touring??
Old 10-19-2012, 04:26 PM
Suspended

Yes the building already has a commercial grade carpet installed. Does anyone run 21.5 touring??
It's not the grade of carpet it's the static you have to watch out for makes cars glitch that's why we have special racing carpet
Old 10-19-2012, 04:27 PM
Suspended

http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.p...howpage&pid=11
Old 10-20-2012, 12:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

2" square pvc downspout from your local hardware store. Use 2x2 (I think) wood blocks in the ends as connectors. Screw it into one pipe, then slip the other on. Squares of industrial strength velcro on each end and the middle hold them in place, with bricks velcroed down behind the pipe where people are more likely to hit it. Works awesome, inexpensive, and very fast to set up and tear down.

There's another thread on here somewhere where Kody posted some good info on how our track is constructed.

-Mike
Old 10-20-2012, 02:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

In Australia 21.5 blinky touring is a very popular class. It's the most commonly used entry class for onroad here.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by grippgoat
2" square pvc downspout from your local hardware store. Use 2x2 (I think) wood blocks in the ends as connectors. Screw it into one pipe, then slip the other on. Squares of industrial strength velcro on each end and the middle hold them in place, with bricks velcroed down behind the pipe where people are more likely to hit it. Works awesome, inexpensive, and very fast to set up and tear down.

There's another thread on here somewhere where Kody posted some good info on how our track is constructed.

-Mike
Mike that's an awesome idea for the downspout!!! Thank you. Could you post a link to your track so I can see some pictures?? That would be great. Thanks again.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

The big question is will we get traction on carpet that is not designed for racing?? Does anyone else run on different carpets around the world?? Any input on that would be great. Thanks.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

It's hard to say. Not only that the nap on the carpet can pull the cars one way or the other. Just try running the cars around on it before you do anything and you'll find out pretty fast