Old 03-22-2005, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

rcmushroom is the way to go!

and for bearings i go to www.avidrc.com
very inexpensive bearings!
Old 03-22-2005, 02:48 PM
Tech Adept

BB, I am in the same boat. I guess I have to work extra hours to earn my money back for trusting an over seas company. Maybe we can send them a package instead!
Old 03-22-2005, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

The easiest way to ensure you dont get burnt by shopping online is to use Visa or Paypal. Both have systems in place to refund your purchase price in the event of non delivery. You just have to put your complaint in before a deadline. As a rule of thumb, I would lodge a complaint with them if my package has not been delivered after twice the suggested dilevery time if this is within the time limit given by visa or paypal. Otherwise I would lodge at least a week prior to time running out.

Its a shame you got burnt Sow, but it is common practice for companies to give customers the dick around for one reason or another. But in the end, it is the consumers responsibility to ensure he has read the full terms and conditions of a sale/ service etc.

Post does get lost, orders missed, items not packed. But if we are "smart" consumers then we can lesson the probability of being out of pocket when it does occur.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:27 PM
Tech Adept

Towerhobbies is HORRIBLE if you need to order something into Canada. They charge WAY too much for shipping to Canada, not to mention I got nailed for an extra $35 bucks when the package came to my door 6 WEEKS after I ordered. My offroad stuff was already packed away, so I just threw the tower box in with it for this coming season. Friggin Tower Hobbies.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Thanks Bulletdays.

I emailed them the email I received from ParcelForce (the agent they use to send stuff to the UK) confirming that the parcel NEVER arrived from Hong Kong and you know how they replied?

"Our policy is no refund until Hong Kong Post itself confirm they have lost the parcel".

I guess I'm burnt. Like I said in the 3hobby forum, I can take the hit once but I know for a fact that many racers can't, especially a hit of USD 320 ... all phoof into thin air. I just want to caution others so they don't get burnt. Others still will swear how good RC Mushroom is, I did too until I discovered how they treat their customer when something goes wrong.
sorry to hear that Sow $320 is alot to just go poof in the air
Old 03-22-2005, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

this was my first,and last time dealing with rc-union. it has been over a month and still no parts. first, they shipped it to the wrong address, then they ship it again and e-mail me back and say that they forgot to add two items,and still havent shipped yet.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:36 PM
Tech Regular

Default PayPal

Fact: PayPal will do nothing for you!

Yeh I have read paypal will cover you, its on every message board. Thats probably why I didn't read ALL the fine print. Here is what I got from PayPal and I filled on time.

As stated in our User Agreement, PayPal's Buyer Complaint Policy only
applies to the shipment of goods, and to disputes about the attributes or
quality of goods received through an eBay transaction. Therefore, we regret
to inform you that we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a
refund.
We encourage you to continue to work directly with the seller to amicably
resolve this dispute and apologize for any inconvenience.

PayPal does not tolerate fraud or illegal activities. Your complaint has
been noted in the record of the PayPal user you reported. If we find this
user has violated our policies, we will investigate and take appropriate
action. If this occurs, you may be contacted in the future about the status
of this complaint.

We appreciate your business, and regret this experience.

To make sure future transactions proceed smoothly, we suggest reading these
Security Tips:

http://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...-buyers-outside

Sincerely,

PayPal Protection Services Department.

I feel for you Slow, They got you worse than me. At least you are in contact with someone. Maybe when they figure out who dropped the ball you will get your stuff. I on the other hand am dealing with an online billboard. No one there to talk or write to. Its a heck of a scam.

Last edited by 3434; 06-14-2005 at 02:34 PM.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I generally order from Tower Hobbies. There prices are decent, and with shipping costs about what it would if I drove the half hour to the hobby shop. Plus there website is easy to use, and you can research your own stuff. Here the hobby shops have kids working there, and well I'd rather talk to somebody who will bother to listen to me or work with me.

I also just ordered some 1/8 rims from Dinball off of ebay. They are from Hong Kong. I was nervous about them, but they have a 98% good feedback with almost 30,000 transactions. That's not to shabby. My rims arrived less than 2 weeks in perfect condition. I will say the package tracking from them is worthless though.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:02 PM
Tech Addict

With any online purchases we should assume there will be risks. Even more so for overseas purchases. My advice is to make sure you use a credit card that has awesome customer service. Whats in your wallet!

towerhobbies.com : excellent service and fast shipping always. never ever had a problem with these guys. prices are ok for parts and a bit higher for their kits but still ok

horizonhobby.com : didnt have a good experience with them (high volume due to holiday season) but a manager did call me to resolve the problems so i was very grateful. prices are higher than towerhobbies but still highly recommended.

ashfordhobby: nice guy. i bought some hudy and serpent stuff from him before. prices are high but then again the euro is kicking our dollars butt. thanx again bush.

speedtechrc : what else can i add? steve is awesome and shipping is excellent. everything is packaged well

rcmushroom : i was able to call them before (i speak cantonese) and they were able to special order stuff that they didnt have. stuff came on time and the packaging was ok. i was trying to contact them for more stuff but it seems harder to get a hold of them now via email.

rcmodel : cant comment but i tried emailing them and never got a reply. so i refuse to buy from them.

hobbynet japan : they can kiss my behind for all i care. long story short they were a rip off and service is horrible. my credit card company didnt let them get away with it though .

jethobby : excellent service and very friendly. very easy for me to get a hold of. only downside is their crappy website (ultra slow).

so like i said, order overseas at your own risk.

- test their communication. meaning ask them a question about specific items. see and make sure the site has a contact number. make sure you try that number and purchase through phone if you never purchased anything from them before. if you cant get through by phone or email, then how do you expect to reach somoene for help if you run into trouble from ordering through their website?

- make sure you purchase insurance; shops are not responsible for shipping problems despite popular opinion. heck, i dont claim responsibility for shipping unless my ebay buyer purchased insurance. but i always keep my buyers updated if problems ever arise; that should be common courtesy.

- use your credit card. dont bother with paypal. if they are truly a legitimate store they can take your credit card directly. make sure you get a proforma invoice so you know exactly what you are buying and what you are paying for (shipping services and all). protects both parties in case of trouble.

Last edited by icon; 03-22-2005 at 11:08 PM.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:21 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

That was good ICON!
Old 03-23-2005, 03:07 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: PayPal

Originally posted by 3434
Fact: PayPal will do nothing for you!

Yeh I have read paypal will cover you, its on every message board. Thats probably why I didn't read ALL the fine print. Here is what I got from PayPal and I filled on time.

As stated in our User Agreement, PayPal's Buyer Complaint Policy only
applies to the shipment of goods, and to disputes about the attributes or
quality of goods received through an eBay transaction. Therefore, we regret
to inform you that we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a
refund.
We encourage you to continue to work directly with the seller to amicably
resolve this dispute and apologize for any inconvenience.

PayPal does not tolerate fraud or illegal activities. Your complaint has
been noted in the record of the PayPal user you reported. If we find this
user has violated our policies, we will investigate and take appropriate
action. If this occurs, you may be contacted in the future about the status
of this complaint.

We appreciate your business, and regret this experience.

To make sure future transactions proceed smoothly, we suggest reading these
Security Tips:

http://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...-buyers-outside

Sincerely,

PayPal Protection Services Department.

I feel for you Slow, They got you worse than me. At least you are in contact with someone. Maybe when they figure out who dropped the ball you will get your stuff. I on the other hand am dealing with an online billboard. No one there to talk or write to. Its a heck of a scam.
3434, very good points on PayPal ... everyone should take note so as not to get burned. This will happen more in future because buying online is like an addiction. You do it once and you say "hey! that was kinda convenient and it worked fine!" so you'll do it more and more.

Icon's post also has some good points to note.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by sparksy
Post does get lost, orders missed, items not packed. But if we are "smart" consumers then we can lesson the probability of being out of pocket when it does occur.
That's why I'm posting my expereinces ... to help get other fellow racers "smarter".

If you look at my latest post at 3hobby, I did a lot of groundwork my end, sent them everything which proved as best as one can prove it that the parcel never came into the country, you will see the rubbish reply that Mushroom sent.

Yes, all these folks tend to dick you around because they think you're trying to con them into getting more parts for free or they think the parcel is lost but will eventually turn up and THEN the customer will still keep BOTH sets. The principle here is the folowing :-

1- I promised that I will return the second duplicate parcel of parts if it ever shows up.

2- Mushroom has my money, I don't have my parts, who is the thief now?

3- Mushroom doesn't believe me, they think I may have it already.

4- I did legwork and got, in writing, that their agent here (ParcelForce) and Customs saying the parcel for me, either by name, by address of delivery or by tracking number was never on record as having "landed" here.

5- Mushroom still says, they need to wait for HK Post to say / admit the parcel is lost.

6- HK Post says "Handed Over"

7- Mushroom is therefore being irresponsible (because they slyly got us into a viscious circle now) and don't really care about their customers. That's the bottom line ...

Dicking around a customer is one thing. Calling them a potential liar and thief and then still blame someone else (KH Post in this case) despite proof that I don't have the parcel is downright daylight robbery. Don't get into the same spot as me.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

I think most American shops suck because 1) EXPENSIVE shipping for small packages, about half the price on the same stuff from HK or Japan in shipping.
2) Not many US shops ship worldwide. and if they do, you have to email pics of legitimation, creditcard and lots of stuff to be allowed to buy.
Stormer Hobbies and Sheldons work nice though.

The by far best service from the shops i've bought from is Rainbow Ten , fastest and cheapest shipping too.
PrecisionRC is also awesome, you get the stuff in maximum 7 days with regular air.
RCmart is a bit slow to deliver, but when it ships it's here fast.

RCmodel was awesome a half year ago, you got answers fast and they shipped fast. But now they're totally bad, i've stopped buying from them....
Old 03-26-2005, 10:05 AM
Tech Adept

Sow&Steady: If the post office confirmed the package already delivered. Then Muchroom is not the thief. Post office is the thief. I believe Mushroom will not send you another package because you said you never receive it. Think if you are Mushroom, you don't send the package to customer again while post office confirmed of delivery. Commom business sense for any online/mail order business.
Old 03-26-2005, 06:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by smash123
Sow&Steady: If the post office confirmed the package already delivered. Then Muchroom is not the thief. Post office is the thief. I believe Mushroom will not send you another package because you said you never receive it. Think if you are Mushroom, you don't send the package to customer again while post office confirmed of delivery. Commom business sense for any online/mail order business.
agree with that. your statement is logical.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.