Wiki Posts
Search

S-workz starter box

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 01:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default S-workz starter box

Hey guys, i'm a new member of the forum, currently based in Beijing China for work. I am building a S350 BK1. I was planning to buy the sworkz starter box, but i'm hearing its weaker than other boxes. have any of you had trouble with the box having decent "punch" for starting your cars?
thanks
Old 10-10-2012, 04:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The S-Workz starter box is the same box as the Go Engine box which i have, has a single 775 motor and has plenty of power to start/breakin any .21/28 motors. Broke in and run over 6 motors on this box and never had a problem starting my motors, used it for a while starting my buggy motors now i use it for my truggy. I think a mistake some make is not adjust the down travel so it doesnt put too much load (press too hard) on the wheel which will load up excessively and labour the motor.

Take note if you have drama in the future getting new wheel, belt etc all parts between the Go and S-Works box are the same.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ok, good to hear. The feedback came from a shop here selling sworkz, which surprised me a bit...the brand is pretty new in the area, so not sure how much experience they have with it.
I was planning to use a 4s lipo ... what is the battery adapter/plug type used in the box? Its hard to find various adapters here.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fletch7276
I was planning to use a 4s lipo ... what is the battery adapter/plug type used in the box? Its hard to find various adapters here.
My Go Engine box has these battery connectors.
http://ww.nbhc.com.au/products/TAMIYA-PLUG-MALE.html
Old 10-10-2012, 06:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ive used the box for almost a year without any problems. its supper strong and rigid.. It is the same as the go engines box and the losi box that comes with the 1/8 rtr vehicles.. so parts are easy to find..