Wiki Posts
Search

Advice on a item bought

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default Advice on a item bought

Im not going to bring up names until next monday.. but today is the 9th day after paying for an item. It says shipped on Usps. YET tracking number doesnt work. Contacted seller and said he will see what he finds out.. Nothing yet. So heres my question

How long should i wait to file a paypall claim? I thought it was 10 days and no item but i could be wrong
Old 10-09-2012, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Farris
Im not going to bring up names until next monday.. but today is the 9th day after paying for an item. It says shipped on Usps. YET tracking number doesnt work. Contacted seller and said he will see what he finds out.. Nothing yet. So heres my question

How long should i wait to file a paypall claim? I thought it was 10 days and no item but i could be wrong
Paypal gives you 45 days to file a claim. The thing is USPS tracking system sucks, especially if it wasn't shipped priority mail or some other higher shipping rate. I'd give it a little while longer like you stated especially since a tracking number was provided and seems to be valid since it stated shipped.... Remember you have 45 days to file the claim.....
Old 10-09-2012, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Farris

9 days? file the claim now with paypal.

if the tracking has not work it's not going to ever work. he created a lable to make you think he shipped the item.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Graphite07
9 days? file the claim now with paypal.

if the tracking has not work it's not going to ever work. he created a lable to make you think he shipped the item.
Thats kinda what i was thinking too.. Seems like the lable was printed.. and the box never left the kitchen table if i had to guess. lol
Old 10-09-2012, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ilanstylz
Paypal gives you 45 days to file a claim. The thing is USPS tracking system sucks, especially if it wasn't shipped priority mail or some other higher shipping rate. I'd give it a little while longer like you stated especially since a tracking number was provided and seems to be valid since it stated shipped.... Remember you have 45 days to file the claim.....
lmao at your reply. the USPS tracking always show the item checked out thru my state and sorting completed 1 day after it went to the P/O and i printed postage thru PayPal. or it shows item received at the P/O with in a few hours of mt dropping it off at the P/O!

file the claim now.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

lmao at your reply. the USPS tracking always show the item checked out thru my state and sorting completed 1 day after it went to the P/O and i printed postage thru PayPal. or it shows item received at the P/O with in a few hours of mt dropping it off at the P/O!

file the claim now.
I read his post wrong, it looked like he stated that the tracking stated shipped but the tracking part wasn't working. After re-reading it I realized that it seems like it was just updated on paypal as shipped..........

If the seller isn't responding to you then I'd be concerned, however if he/she is then I'd give it some more time. They could have entered the shipping number wrong, which I've even done in the past.............

And I've shipped plenty of items via USPS and there were times where it took days for it to update, just recently in fact when I sold something on here to another member, so I do know what I'm talking about........

BTW Graphite once again my stand was traded for a brand new tekin rs, so I guess you can laugh at that one as well
Old 10-10-2012, 03:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ilanstylz
I read his post wrong, it looked like he stated that the tracking stated shipped but the tracking part wasn't working. After re-reading it I realized that it seems like it was just updated on paypal as shipped..........

If the seller isn't responding to you then I'd be concerned, however if he/she is then I'd give it some more time. They could have entered the shipping number wrong, which I've even done in the past.............

And I've shipped plenty of items via USPS and there were times where it took days for it to update, just recently in fact when I sold something on here to another member, so I do know what I'm talking about........

BTW Graphite once again my stand was traded for a brand new tekin rs, so I guess you can laugh at that one as well
no offence to you. but he needs to file now
Old 10-10-2012, 04:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Simply put, that clock runs faster for me when more money is involved. I have had a few deals over the years that did not play out like I expected, but I have been lucky enough in those cases to get it taken care of by dealing with the seller.

If you are in contact with the seller, get a scan or photo of the slip they got with the tracking number on it. That way you can verify that you did not get a typo.

Beyond that reach out to paypal and start a claim, if this does play out like it should you can always back out of the claim. And if you are not getting responses that sound right from the seller by all means get the claim going now.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

N

file the claim now.
I agree with part of your comments. He should file now.

USPS delivery confirmation is not always updated correctly. Some sorting facilities are more consistent than others.

I have been on both sides of a transaction where delivery confirmation never updated.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

9 days, even the slowest USPS shipping something would have pulled up. i had a problem with USPS...i shipped parcel post, and it showed picked up and in transit. for 7 days. even after the delivery, its still said in transit for 3 more days.

i know you haven't received it yet, id file a claim. it will light a fire under his butt
Old 10-10-2012, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Once again....OP, make your seller aware of this thread, gives them a chance to save face or dig the hole deeper.

Second, PM who you're dealing with.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Here's the message i get

They are going to trace it and see where in their system it is. I will go into the actual main terminal which is about 30 min away tomorrow and see what we can find out. I put insurance on the package so we can do a claim if they lost it.

Is Sherri Ferris you? I ask because there was a dispute initiated on PayPal which means then the shipping insurance is removed. So you can't double dip.

Claim process has been started. He also knows about the tread.

Thanks for everybody's input! I'm not into doing business like this but it came down to it