Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
componet of choice &shorty pack in battery area in tc stock class? >

componet of choice &shorty pack in battery area in tc stock class?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

componet of choice &shorty pack in battery area in tc stock class?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default componet of choice &shorty pack in battery area in tc stock class?

Got a X-ray 2012 and have a t4 on the way have 6 shorty packs I used in of road racing which hardly have any charges on it . I'm using them thru the carpet season to get my money out of them . I was told by a veteran racer that it was legal to put a component (ESC) along with the battery on same side as long as u make weight and car was designed for a stick /Sattle pack.
He has got his this way as well actually and has ran some large roar events . But I thought their was a rule change but can't find it . Any help would be great
Old 10-09-2012, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

If you tape 2 saddle packs together, it's the same size as a stick pack. I used to do that when I just started with onroad racing. A stick pack looks a little bit nicer without the extra wire to connect them, but the performance is the same.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
Got a X-ray 2012 and have a t4 on the way have 6 shorty packs I used in of road racing which hardly have any charges on it . I'm using them thru the carpet season to get my money out of them . I was told by a veteran racer that it was legal to put a component (ESC) along with the battery on same side as long as u make weight and car was designed for a stick /Sattle pack.
He has got his this way as well actually and has ran some large roar events . But I thought their was a rule change but can't find it . Any help would be great
I haven't heard of any rule change, there was one in offroad that their cars had to support the ability to run a full size pack, so cars were not designed around shorty packs, but as far as I know there are no rules preventing you from running it the way you describe.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

U know I think that's where I got that rule idea from (losi22) electronics couldn't occupy the battery area when using a shorty pack .
OK kool . I know what to do now .
Old 10-09-2012, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

U know I think that's where I got that rule idea from (losi22) electronics couldn't occupy the battery area when using a shorty pack .
OK kool . I know what to do now .
what about a few years ago racing 5cell mod , some of us ran the esc on the battery side

i agree as long as you make the minimum weight
Old 10-09-2012, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I just switched my TC5 to this set up and it makes it much easier to balance the chassis. No Rules against this. The rule was that the chassis must be able the hold a standard size pack.