Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
World Exclusive Pictures of Schumacher 200mm Prototype! >

World Exclusive Pictures of Schumacher 200mm Prototype!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

World Exclusive Pictures of Schumacher 200mm Prototype!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 03:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Bundy_Bear
If thats the case and it looks to be the same tank as Team Associated use on their NTC3, then good luck to anyone wanting to run for a full 5 minutes

BB
I agree re NTC3 because one side bang and you've cracked the tank but this one doesn't seem to have the same problem. Plus the race it won was a 30 minute final.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
I agree re NTC3 because one side bang and you've cracked the tank but this one doesn't seem to have the same problem. Plus the race it won was a 30 minute final.

so far......................havent broken any tank yet .
Old 03-22-2005, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for the pics. i just didn't have time to sign up yesterday.
the car looks looks good and centered.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I found the Vid...

Last edited by AdrianM; 03-22-2005 at 01:46 PM.
Old 03-22-2005, 02:10 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Bundy_Bear
If thats the case and it looks to be the same tank as Team Associated use on their NTC3, then good luck to anyone wanting to run for a full 5 minutes

BB
Not sure what that means, but the AE tank is actually oversized and will give you more runtime even with the stock plug that comes with the tank
Old 03-22-2005, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally posted by PW
Not sure what that means, but the AE tank is actually oversized and will give you more runtime even with the stock plug that comes with the tank
In the past i found the NTC3 to be unable to run a full 5 minutes due to the tank being screwed to the chassis and vibration shaking the tank to the shit house.

BB
Old 03-22-2005, 03:38 PM
Tech Champion

I don't know about the NTC3 but on the R12 the tank is loosely screwed to the chassis with soft o-rings between the tank and the chassis. We tighten the screws until the the o-rings just touch the tank and the chassis and no more. With a full blown mod engine like a JP or Rody RB the R12 has no problems running almost 6 minutes with a legal fuel load. For safety we pit at 5:00 to 5:30.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

When is this car going to avail?
Old 03-22-2005, 03:46 PM
Tech Champion

It is a just a concept car for now. We have a few other new cars slated to be released before real development could begin on it but things can change based on demand.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default RE: Car

Seems like a good design. Only thing I dont like is the layed down steering servo exposed to the outside. My friend owns a R12 and his tanks lasts 5-7 minutes. The other problem with the center belt of the R12, is that when I have seen it break easily and it shuts down the engine once it breaks since it gets caught on the flywheel.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:27 AM
Tech Champion

The R12 trans was designed to be more efficient than any other nitro sedan. It had a special flywheel that let the center belt go between the flywheel and front engine bearing. This let you run the engine just as low as on any other nitro sedan.

The new prototype has a more conventional 3 belt drive train. This make the layout of components on the chassis much easier to optimize. The engine and tank are centered and everything is lower and lighter.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by AdrianM
I found the Vid...
Glad you did ... and if you use it in your shop, please tell your customers to visit 3hobby and RC Tech.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by AdrianM
The R12 trans was designed to be more efficient than any other nitro sedan. It had a special flywheel that let the center belt go between the flywheel and front engine bearing. This let you run the engine just as low as on any other nitro sedan.

The new prototype has a more conventional 3 belt drive train. This make the layout of components on the chassis much easier to optimize. The engine and tank are centered and everything is lower and lighter.

I would love to buy a Schumacher kit, i was living in Brazil and during 2003 and part of 2004 the R12 was the hotest car around, until the distributor had problems and no parts support appeared on scene ...

Downhere in Chile we dont even have a single schumacher car runing around cause the brand have no precense at all ... i would like to know where can i buy a kit and parts online from here of the Schumacher brand ...

thanks ...

PAt
Old 03-23-2005, 10:23 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I remember when I owned my old OFNA Pirate 10 offroad buggy. The fuel tank was screwed directly to the chassis with o-rings and it never had any problems with the excessive fuel foaming. And that was an offroad car!

So as long as they use the o-rings, I don't see any problem with the way the tank is mounted.

Interesting design. I don't particularly care for the "please come and hit me" positioning of the reciever......but other than than, looks good.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:51 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Tabushi
I would love to buy a Schumacher kit, i was living in Brazil and during 2003 and part of 2004 the R12 was the hotest car around, until the distributor had problems and no parts support appeared on scene ...

Downhere in Chile we dont even have a single schumacher car runing around cause the brand have no precense at all ... i would like to know where can i buy a kit and parts online from here of the Schumacher brand ...

thanks ...

PAt
MP Raceway did a great job for us but the owners sold the business and the new distributor they put us in contact with never got back to us after we sent them all out contact info.

We are selling direct to Brazil now. We get a few orders everyday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.