rc12r5.1

Old 09-29-2012, 11:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Default rc12r5.1

Hi i have a rc12r5.1 car the problem the small screw (pt no 31540 m3x5mm ) that holds the rear pod on under the chassis pt no 4635 (rear pod link) came out the other night i had only slightly longer screws is it ok to put a longer screw in ? also is there a easier way of doing this has i found i had to hold part no 4637 pivot ball with a pair of long nose pliers while screwing in screw from under the chassis but getting to hold the pivot ball from above meant stripping down the chassis brace ,upper pod plate, and rear shock thanks
Old 09-30-2012, 12:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moggy12
Hi i have a rc12r5.1 car the problem the small screw (pt no 31540 m3x5mm ) that holds the rear pod on under the chassis pt no 4635 (rear pod link) came out the other night i had only slightly longer screws is it ok to put a longer screw in ? also is there a easier way of doing this has i found i had to hold part no 4637 pivot ball with a pair of long nose pliers while screwing in screw from under the chassis but getting to hold the pivot ball from above meant stripping down the chassis brace ,upper pod plate, and rear shock thanks
As long as the screw isn't hitting anything during full range of motion... that literally is the trickiest wrenching part of the kit. Easiest is to just take the top brace off... you can literally strip it down to bare chassis in like 10 minutes...