Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Nebraska/Iowa Racing
HobbyPLEX Wednesday Carpet Racing!!! >

HobbyPLEX Wednesday Carpet Racing!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

HobbyPLEX Wednesday Carpet Racing!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up HobbyPLEX Wednesday Carpet Racing!!!

New thread for Wednesday night racing!!! A great resurgence for carpet racing lately with the F1 class blowing up and USGT really getting good car counts as well. Should see Mini & 1/12th scale picking up as fall gets going.

First race of the fall on Wednesday!! 2.4 Hour Trans Am Enduro!! Let's get them teams ready to go!!

Tim Ski
Old 09-25-2012, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Questions?? Any more teams??

2.4 Hour Enduro teams:
Team Shake & Bake - Moe Barraza, Joe Cook, Josh Chase
The Fat Tire Club - Bernie Beck, Curt Crouch, Ken Bailey
Team SKI - Scott Riggs, Will Brinton, Paul Dailey
Team Z,BOB & FK - Mark Z, Bob Roegge, BJ
Team Burns Cattle - Kerry Burns, Ken McKinney, TQ

Tim Ski

Last edited by HobbyPLEX; 09-27-2012 at 12:25 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:11 PM
Tech Adept

sorry no Young/Sokoloski team this time might come up and watch for a little bit though depends what time I get done at work.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I can't, work is killin my Wednesday night racing now... Sorry
Old 09-26-2012, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Have fun with your enduro!
Old 09-26-2012, 01:29 PM
Tech Elite

A few teams practicing now. If you would like to run and don't have a team, show up and put something together.

Tim Ski
Old 09-26-2012, 07:55 PM
Z
Tech Master

Cool. Racing over before 930. On my way home by 10.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Z
Cool. Racing over before 930. On my way home by 10.
Well isn't that cool!! -
Old 09-27-2012, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up Another great enduro!!

2.4 Hour Enduro Finish:
_LAPS__TEAM____________DRIVERS____________________ ____
1)527 Team SKI ---------- Scott Riggs, Will Brinton, Paul Dailey
2)523 Team Burns Cattle -- Kerry Burns, Ken McKinney, TQ
3)521 Team Z, B & FK ----- Mark Z, Bob Roegge, BJ
4)474 The Fat Tire Club --- Bernie Beck, Curt Crouch, Ken Bailey
5)431 Team Shake & Bake - Moe Barraza, Joe Cook, Josh Chase

Only five teams but a very exciting finish!!! The Burns Cattle car took the lead on lap two and never looked back, turning some blazing fast laps to distance themselves from the field. On lap 63, running in second, Team Z,B&FK had a rear diff go out and spent 7 minutes getting it repaired. Once back on the track, they were turning the fastest laps on the track at the time to begin there march up the running order. This moved the SKI car to the second position which they held until the 489th lap. Lap 116 saw the next major off for the Fat Tire Club car while running 3rd. This moved Shake & Bake up to 3rd and Z,B&FK to 4th. An exchange of pit stops between laps 171 & 181 flipped 3rd & 4th followed by an on track pass on lap 199 that moved Z,B&FK to the third position for good. The next incident, on lap 214, brought the Shake & Bake car to the pit lane and moved the Fat Tire Club car up to the 4th position. For the next 200 laps, the order remained the same, Burns, SKI, Z,B&FK, Fat Tire & S-n-B. Through quick pit stops and some fast laps, Z,B&FK had moved to within 5 laps of Team SKI for the second position.

Lap 414 was the turning point in the race. The invincible looking Burns Cattle car, with a 26 lap lead, caught the "DeathStar" and broke the right front C-hub. The race was on!! Kerry & Kenny worked feverishly in the paddock to repair the car as the laps ticked by. After more than 5 1/2 minutes, they were back on the track to maintain a three lap lead! With a fresh battery and a repaired car, they were running the fastest laps of the race to extend there now diminished lead. But, the "DeathStar" would not be denied, on lap 489, it bit the Burns Cattle car again! This time, with a four lap lead, they spent a minute and a half in the pit to relinquish the lead. Back on the track, with about nine minutes to go and only two laps off the lead, there was still a chance to get back to the lead. Unfortunately, trouble usually always comes in threes and the "DeathStar" bit for the final time on lap 513. One slow lap limping around the track and two more in the pit lane put the Burns Cattle car six laps out of the lead and only two ahead of third place Z,B&FK. It looked like everything was over but, not so fast! The Team SKI car, who had pitted with 40 minutes to go, began to sputter with six laps to go! Coasting into the pit lane with five to go for a splash-n-go, they gave back two laps to hold on to a four lap lead at the finish!

For a race that started out kind of slow and had the eventual top three separated by more than 30 laps only 65 laps into the race, it turned out to be a quite exciting last 100 or so laps. It goes to show, never give up, keep it going, you never know what will happen! Z,B&FK with a diff failure early, Team SKI with tire issues for the first half of the race and the late problems for Burns Cattle, the top three ended up less than six laps apart at the end. The great thing is that all of our enduros seem to end up this way, it's never over 'till it's over!

Thanks to everyone who participated, hope you all had fun!! Now it's time to start thinking about the 9th Annual HobbyPLEX Enduro on February 3rd, it should be great!!!

Tim Ski
Old 09-27-2012, 07:09 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Tim, ever thought about a career with NASCAR or f1 as a sports writer?? Cause that coverage of the enduro was pretty good!!!
Old 09-27-2012, 08:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The Fat Tire Club drivers all had a good time, but I think we might of left a couple of tools in pit lane, so if you can keep a look out I'd appreciate it.
Great Enduro!
Old 09-27-2012, 10:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Shake And Bake

Team Shake and Bake had a great time. We are looking foward to the next race! We are the other guys! (the B squad)

TEAM SHAKE AND BAKE
Old 09-28-2012, 05:08 AM

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I couldn't agree with Evader Fan any more...that was actually a pretty exciting read

Congrats to all those who participated. It sounds like everyone did really well and I assume had a lot of fun!
Old 09-28-2012, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by C&B RC
The Fat Tire Club drivers all had a good time, but I think we might of left a couple of tools in pit lane, so if you can keep a look out I'd appreciate it.
Great Enduro!
I've got 'em Bernie.

Tim Ski
Old 10-03-2012, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

It's raceday!

New season starts tonight!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.