Community
Wiki Posts
Search

fast charging

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 07:07 PM

Default fast charging

i have this duratrax twinpulse intellipeak charger, and it charges pretty slow, iw as wondering, if i get this charger

-------> https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c....pl?pn=DYN4010

will it affect the life of my gp3300s?
Old 03-15-2005, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

When a charger is worth less then a sport battery pack u have to ask the question......... Is it junk? ANSWER: YES

Sorry, Timer chargers should have been taken off the market 20years ago.

Your current charger is a safe peak detection charger that will safely charge your nicad and nihm battery backs.

Timer chargers will not charge any battery in 15minutes. They charge at very low amp rates and require u to keep turning the time back on 10minutes at a time till the battery gets warm/hot/explodes.

A peak dection charger will take 35-50minutes to charge a 3300 depending on the chargers amp settings.

If yoru looking for a faster charge look for a peak charger that will charge up to 10amps. Not many recomend 10amp charging but most agree on 6amps and the odd time if in a rush 8amp settings.
Old 03-15-2005, 07:19 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Honestly, I don't think you want that charger, I believe what you already have is better than that one. The one in your weblink is a timer charger, but it doesn't charge any fast than any other kind, it simply shuts off after the timer runs down(kinda like a windup toy, in a way), but its charge rate is no higher than what you have now. So in truth, you'd just have to keep restarting that timer one & you'd also have to keep a VERY CLOSE eye on the voltage of your pack, because it doesn't have any kind of voltage peak charge to it(so if your pack peaks but the timer hasn't run down, it'll just keep going & destroy your pack).....
Old 03-15-2005, 07:24 PM
Tech Addict

I think the duratrax chargers only charg up to 3 Amps if you dont have a powersupply (turning the dial past 3 Amps does nothing). If you get a powersupply you can charge up to however high it can charge, probably 5 Amps. Look at the Cosel powersupplies on ebay, they are only $17 for the 13 Amp version, but you have to wire it yourself.
Old 03-15-2005, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: fast charging

Originally posted by RC Noob
i have this duratrax twinpulse intellipeak charger, and it charges pretty slow, iw as wondering, if i get this charger

-------> https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c....pl?pn=DYN4010

will it affect the life of my gp3300s?

save up some money and get a real charger. you'll be happier.
Old 03-15-2005, 07:38 PM
Tech Addict

if you really want a 15min charger ill sell you myhobbico 15 min charger that charges at up to 3.5amps cheap
Old 03-15-2005, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by greencactus3
if you really want a 15min charger ill sell you myhobbico 15 min charger that charges at up to 3.5amps cheap

3.5 amps cannot charge a 3300 pack in 15 minutes.
Old 03-15-2005, 08:33 PM

the one i ahve now charges at 3.5 amps my dad has a heavy duty power supply, and can load up to what...100 amps i think? lol but i dont plan using that.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:44 PM

how about the NOVAK IONIC ac/dc charger, i saw a DC one for 40 bucks, but im looking for a AC/DC one!!! does anyone know where there are good prices for the ac/dc one?
Old 03-16-2005, 03:47 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by dakrat
3.5 amps cannot charge a 3300 pack in 15 minutes.
we know that. already mentioned. it only times 15min and shuts off. at 3.5amps it cahrges a 1500 around 20-25 min.