Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2005 ROAR On-Road Carpet Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 03:27 PM
Tech Addict

Is there A website where I can find full results of the nats,
and maybe even with A coverage and pics?!
Old 03-20-2005, 03:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by nashrcracer
well we are still waiting as there are a few protest going on. francis is trying to bump fernando out of the mod main.

Before the rumors get way out of hand, let me pass along what I know -

During his last qualifier, the lap counting system missed counting Matt Francis's car about 4 times. The race officials took note of the sudden drop in position after it missed the first lap and noted the subsequent laps that had also been missed. I was standing right in front of the timing and scoring booth as this was happening. The announcer (Alex, very nice guy from South Shore) called out to the referee to keep an eye on MF's car because it didn't count the prior lap. Francis completed the run at a rather fast pace and, once the missing laps were added back in by the race officials, it earned Francis a spot in the A main(s). In correcting the missed laps, it bumped Fernando from the bottom of the A to the top of the B.

Fernando filed a official protest on the basis that they didn't have the right to manually input missed laps on behalf of Matt Francis - which means if they never made the correction, Francis would be out and Fernando would be in. Below is the rule that covers this issue right from the rule book. Without any dog in the fight, I think they made the right decision - even though it took a very long time. Unfortunately, everyone's a competitor at these events and nobody wants to get bumped from the show, so I don't think there was any way to come out of this one without someone being a little PO'ed. I feel bad for Fernando because he seems like a really nice guy (sorry we didn't get a chance to meet properly) and even Matt Francis because he didn't want there to be any bad feelings with Fernando. But they had to make a call, and by the way I read the rules, I think they made the right decision.

As posted in the ROAR Rule Book

5.6.2 - When personal transponders are used, these must be fastened to the vehicle in a permanent manner. All host-provided (“public”) transponders must be mounted in a position that will ensure reliable reception by the computer system. The race director can direct the placement of transponders, and can require a change of position in the event of bad reception. If a transponder fails the Scorekeeper should make an effort to hand count an accurate lap record. If a transponder is not installed, is lost or falls out during a race, the driver will not be scored in that race. The driver is responsible for ensuring that the correct transponder is fitted to the vehicle, or that the correct personal transponder number has been entered in the scoring program. Fastening a transponder in a location that may damage the transponder is prohibited.

Last edited by SteveP; 03-20-2005 at 06:55 PM.
Old 03-20-2005, 03:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Congrats to Chris "Tortelli" Tosolini! Good job. Would love to see the rest of the results....... Where did Burch and the rest of the X-Ray boys end up?
Old 03-20-2005, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Anyone know where blackstock finished in mod tc
Old 03-20-2005, 04:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey does anyone have an updated "guestimate" on what time the racers will be all finished and able to get out of there? Ray and John and Danny still have to drive all the way back down here... they may not be getting back till tomorrow night!!

What A mains for what classes are finished and do we know any results or wins or anything?? I JUST got home from work and I haven't talked to anyone all day!!
Old 03-20-2005, 04:24 PM
Tech Regular

Great coverage
-Buddy
Old 03-20-2005, 04:26 PM
Tech Rookie

If they have yet to go in their mains, Good luck Dan Hartman, John Tortorice, and John Orr!!!
Old 03-20-2005, 04:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Dumas is the 19t national champ with wins in round 1 and 2!! He also finished in 2nd on his first run on 1/12 because he dumped and blackstock snuck by for the win. He did however win round 2 so depending on how round 3 goes he may take home 2 wins!!
Old 03-20-2005, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by BuddyB
Great coverage
-Buddy

LOL
Old 03-20-2005, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So does anyone know the results of how the guys running brushless did?
Old 03-20-2005, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally posted by BuddyB
Great coverage
-Buddy
Agreed...looks like the coverage was done as half-adequate as everything else with this event.
Old 03-20-2005, 05:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Aside from 19t, do we know any other champions? And what ever happened with the whole Matt Francis thing?

This is so frustrating? lol. BuddyB if you hear anything from our friends at River Junction or the gate let me know asap!
Old 03-20-2005, 05:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Oh yeah one more thing. Aside form the pics on nashrcracer.com and the ones on rcamerica are there pics posted anywhere from this race?? THANKS!
Old 03-20-2005, 05:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Anyone hear about stock TC?

Old 03-20-2005, 05:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Stock TC was up for grabs. Smyka who was on pole had problems getting taken out, so he is basically out of it. I believe Dayger has 2 2nd places and could possible win it. Brad johnson one race 1. It's anyones race.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.