Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 05:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Seems like all the new cars are getting more flexible. I am still using a t3'11 and last night I added the front posts to my setup to stiffin it up a bit. Just tryin it out. I found the car easier to drive and I could keep pace with our race leader, who is typically 2 laps up from me. How does the flex profile compare between the two and would this car be easier to drive more aggressively as that is what it takes here. Gotta drive in deep and fast into the corners, breaking later and pulling out of the corners faster and sooner.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:18 AM
WRR
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mb3195
Those ip cells are incredibly light though, what are they? Around 275g?
Spot on!

Did not realize myself that they are so light. Usually they sit in my buggy. Guess I know where the additional weight goes
Old 10-14-2012, 07:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default Flex

Originally Posted by Mera'din
Seems like all the new cars are getting more flexible. I am still using a t3'11 and last night I added the front posts to my setup to stiffin it up a bit. Just tryin it out. I found the car easier to drive and I could keep pace with our race leader, who is typically 2 laps up from me. How does the flex profile compare between the two and would this car be easier to drive more aggressively as that is what it takes here. Gotta drive in deep and fast into the corners, breaking later and pulling out of the corners faster and sooner.
Hi,
I kinda have a similar issue with my S411TE,I found if I chop the top deck to bits,I gathered grip all-round,but I found the car to push.Then threw away the arb,changed,adjusted,shifted everything so it wouldn't push BUT I did one small thing that I haven't done before,added a front body post,then two heats later added two rear horizontal 3racing body post stays and I gained nearly 8/10ths,with a consistency of .12
Then the big change.
Tossed away the DNA-2,LTC-R and now ran a Mazda speed 6.
So what I'm getting at is,with the added flex over this new X-ray,you MAY need to change the shell.(when I did I gained 1.2-1.3 per lap).......
I only posted this because I believe the new car will be much,much better but you may need to make adjustments as it WILL be a faster car than the T3'11
Cheers and sorry about the rambling,I'm just happy!
Tim
Old 10-14-2012, 07:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mera'din
I'm wondering the same thing...Is the trend to more chassis flex really helping us go faster or, just widening the setup window?
Old 10-14-2012, 11:24 AM
Con
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mi4cxl
Under 1300g with shell!! That's stupidly light. Wish my cxl would come in that light... struggling to get the 1350g limit...
I thought the ROAR min was 1380g
Old 10-14-2012, 11:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by pcar951
I'm wondering the same thing...Is the trend to more chassis flex really helping us go faster or, just widening the setup window?
it makes the setup window much much bigger. What you actually find is that the flex will hide some potential handling issues you may have.

If you had a track that was 100% consistent and you could test on it whenever you wanted, a stiff chassis with the perfect setup would be quicker.

However, this is very rarely the case. The majority of tracks develop as a meeting goes on due to rubber, additive, weather, etc. Meaning that the setup you had for round 1 might not work for round 2, hence why flex is now so important, it means that the car will be much more consistent through the meeting.

On another note, my car has come in at 1330g with a battery that weighs 315g!! Light is the word!!
WRR
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Con
Guess he race ubnder Efras flag.
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Con
1350g in UK
Old 10-14-2012, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 303slowdown
who are you and why aren't you racing at 5280 raceway in denver. it says your in colorado but i haven't seen anyone with a t4 at the track yet.
Oh..I'm not anyone special. I just got a little anxious and decided to throw it in my sig when I was changing it. I'm waiting on a pre-order like most everyone else. I only live 15 minutes from 5280 though .... I'm looking forward to racing with you guys once I get my T4 built-up.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

A question for the guys that already have build that T4. Did you guys used a dremel to extend the flatspot of the shaft towards the motor to fit the pinion? The motor is much closer to the spur that the flatspot on my shaft is too short.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morgoth
A question for the guys that already have build that T4. Did you guys used a dremel to extend the flatspot of the shaft towards the motor to fit the pinion? The motor is much closer to the spur that the flatspot on my shaft is too short.
Can you not flip the pinion over?
Old 10-14-2012, 04:55 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

It depends on the motor. With the Reedy the flat spot is longer so it will go on normal. With a Trinity motor you must run the pinion backwards and it works perfect.

EA
Old 10-14-2012, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Well, we had a big meeting in the South East in UK yesterday, with 70 drivers in 13.5 boosted;

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Although I only managed to make the C final (with my T3'12), half the the A-Final were T4's built over the last couple of day's!
Old 10-14-2012, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
It depends on the motor. With the Reedy the flat spot is longer so it will go on normal. With a Trinity motor you must run the pinion backwards and it works perfect.

EA
I can flip my pinion to work with thin spurs, but I have not tried it with the stock, thicker spurs.
I'm running Speed Passion motors and the flatspot is too short. I'll try flipping them and if that doesn't work, I'll take my dremel and make a bigger flatspot.
I really like the design of the car, but the front bumper is the only thing that I'm scared about. The upper part of the bumper isn't touching the bulkheads anymore, so a hard could case a crack in the chassis I guess. I'm really thinking about ordering the T3 bumper posts and a T3 bumper.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

This is my biggest concern as well. It's been mentioned the old bumper does not work and it does not touch the bulk heads. Bucketboy has a mod for it and I'm curious to see the pics. I will be as always CAing the front chassis and screw holes. I'm not sure why Xray didn't design it more like the old one. My guess is they didn't want to tool molds. I'll be more confident when I don't read reports of broken chassis plates.

I can flip my pinion to work with thin spurs, but I have not tried it with the stock, thicker spurs.
I'm running Speed Passion motors and the flatspot is too short. I'll try flipping them and if that doesn't work, I'll take my dremel and make a bigger flatspot.
I really like the design of the car, but the front bumper is the only thing that I'm scared about. The upper part of the bumper isn't touching the bulkheads anymore, so a hard could case a crack in the chassis I guess. I'm really thinking about ordering the T3 bumper posts and a T3 bumper.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.