Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 11:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Davin
Tore the car car down to kit form this week and put back together. Whatever bug was in it seems to have gone away (I Hope) . Thanks to everyone for the help as well as the criticism. Believe it or not both were taken in the best way. I was able to get a good baseline tune in it today and am happy to report all was done on the same spur gear. I am truly sorry for my hostility in previous post's. But I don't think you can fathom how ridiculous it all seemed to me. Thanks again to all of you that chimed in .

Davin
Hopefully the problem is solved
Old 01-12-2013, 11:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default front bumper

strongly recommend front bumper carbon brace or run a t3 bumper assembly.
went to a different track today with steel square tube piping. nosed into pipe through chicane and munched bottom deck. wasn't even a big hit.
home track has plastic piping and no issues as they must give a bit.
should have changed earlier my fault lol.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

The Diggity Design brace is the way to go. I had mine in 3 days, fit perfectly.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:08 AM
Tech Regular

Tore the car car down to kit form this week and put back together. Whatever bug was in it seems to have gone away
Sweet! Now start wearing out tires and not gears.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Tore the car car down to kit form this week and put back together. Whatever bug was in it seems to have gone away (I Hope) . Thanks to everyone for the help as well as the criticism. Believe it or not both were taken in the best way. I was able to get a good baseline tune in it today and am happy to report all was done on the same spur gear. I am truly sorry for my hostility in previous post's. But I don't think you can fathom how ridiculous it all seemed to me. Thanks again to all of you that chimed in .

Davin
Very good news!
Old 01-13-2013, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Davin
I'm happy to hear you got the car working. I think now that you are past a problem which I'm sure was very frustrating you can enjoy a fantastic car.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

So, let me contribute what we at our track (Al Sodano discovered this) believe may be *one* of the reasons a few people are shredding spur gears:

When running a 92T spur with certain pinions the motor can press into the top deck when it flexes causing the pinion to temporarily move away from the spur.

Anyone having this issue should give a 96T spur a try and make sure there is some clearance between the motor and the top deck. (When running 17.5-13.5 I only run a 96T spur because I like the placement of the motor in the chassis.)

If you prefer to run a 92T spur you could try dremeling some of the material away from top deck near the motor.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jon Williams
So, let me contribute what we at our track (Al Sodano discovered this) believe may be *one* of the reasons a few people are shredding spur gears:

When running a 92T spur with certain pinions the motor can press into the top deck when it flexes causing the pinion to temporarily move away from the spur.

Anyone having this issue should give a 96T spur a try and make sure there is some clearance between the motor and the top deck. (When running 17.5-13.5 I only run a 96T spur because I like the placement of the motor in the chassis.)

If you prefer to run a 92T spur you could try dremeling some of the material away from top deck near the motor.
And I would be the lucky guy who stripped 3 spur gears before all made his discovery. Thanks for all the help Jon! I was using a 44 pinion.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Slapstick10
And I would be the lucky guy who stripped 3 spur gears before all made his discovery. Thanks for all the help Jon! I was using a 44 pinion.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

which do you prefer ?the steel solid out drive or composite? by switching from stock solid to a diff I need to add the plastic.pieces to the dogbone. kind of an extra step. especial doing so in the field. if Iswitch the solid outdrive to steal I can save this extra step. how good is the steel oitdrive ? pro and con !
Old 01-13-2013, 10:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Car Breaker
which do you prefer ?the steel solid out drive or composite? by switching from stock solid to a diff I need to add the plastic.pieces to the dogbone. kind of an extra step. especial doing so in the field. if Iswitch the solid outdrive to steal I can save this extra step. how good is the steel oitdrive ? pro and con !
Side piece racing and reflex racing both make better options, IMO.

Their larger diameter means blades don't wear out as quickly, which saves quite a bit of money over time.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I would go with the spring steel outdrives...
Old 01-14-2013, 12:26 AM
Suspended

The spring steel out drives are sufficient. Im 20 packs in on my current blades and the wear has been very small while running a 4.0.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:05 AM
Tech Elite

Can anyone tell me the weight of the standard T4 bumper, just the foam section.

Thanks
Skiddins
Old 01-14-2013, 03:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by erchn
Side piece racing and reflex racing both make better options, IMO.

Their larger diameter means blades don't wear out as quickly, which saves quite a bit of money over time.
Are the Reflex Racing outdrives wider than the standard Xray items?

Always seemed a waste that the Xray outdrives never used all the available surface area of the blades

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.