Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fw05 S/t

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

if you do plan to race in the near future, i have heard that the V one R's stock setup is much better than the FW-05's stock setup, hence its easier to drive

the V one R is very capable even though its old, it's rear suspension is the same as the V one RR and V one RRR because it's the same car with a few upgrades for handling an stability, but the base platform remains the same

and being this is your first car you don't really need a "racing" engine such as a ns12s3; the stock motor, in fact any motor will be fast for you while you are still learning to drive
Old 03-15-2005, 09:07 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks again guys.

Have notice the the clutch does make a difference in racing. Does the VoneR have it? Or, is it possible to fit a 3d clutch into the FW05T instead?

what about the engines?
Is a rear exhaust more powerful than a side? or do they just made those powerful models using rear exhaust also, which does the VoneR uses?

Thanks alot guys, am learning so much form all u guys.

Cheers!!
Old 03-15-2005, 09:27 PM
Tech Regular

The 3-d clutch won't fit on the GXR15 that comes with the 05T. You will need to get an SG shaft engine to install it. You should not have any problem installing a rear exhaust SG shaft engine. Kyosho has made this car very similar to the 05R/RR so any options for those cars will fit.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:48 PM
Tech Regular

Hi 3434,

You saying i can actually fit the 3d clutch on the FW05T if i change the engine? what`s a SG shaft engine? and if it`s a rear exhaust engine, it`ll fit?

Sorry, don`t quite get the terms.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.
Old 03-15-2005, 10:11 PM
Tech Regular

I think SG was actually a brand name, but what you need is a pilot shaft engine. The pilot shaft supports the clutch bell. Yes you can install a rear exhaust engine. You will need new engine mounts, the holes are in the chassis for it. Anything you can install on the 05R/RR, S/SJC will bolt on the "T". They are basically the same car. You can go to kyoshos site and download the exploded views and compare them. You will see they share alot of the same parts.
Old 03-15-2005, 10:14 PM
Tech Rookie

G'day dct147
Mate stick with the original set up of motor and so on, you can play with all the suspension and get the thing to handle how you like to drive. Once the thing blows the engine you could either fix it up or whack in another brand. You will get heaps of fun out of it as standard, just read the manual about runnin it in than adjust the carb and you away.
Old 03-15-2005, 10:25 PM
Tech Regular

Giddyup is right, If thats the car you like buy it and enjoy it. I wouldn't put any hop-ups on it. If you really like it and want to step up to mod racing, sell it and buy a 05RR. What you learn on the "T" can be applied to the RR. Yes you can turn a "T" into an RR but you better have deep pockets.
Old 03-15-2005, 10:52 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks guys!

I`ll be running off to get my first RC car already after all your help.

Thanks so much.

vroommmmmmm..
Old 03-16-2005, 09:08 AM
Tech Regular

Hey guys,

With all your help, i now own my first RC car.

But, i`m having a little problem. Can`t get my car to start.

all my settings were followed properly.

I noticed my glow plug starter doesn`t red up. is the glow plug starter or the glow plug suppose to turn red?

i can pull the pull starter, but it just won`t start.

What i did was pull out the glow plug to remove excess fuel. noticed a bronze coloured ring fell out. read the manual and it showed something similar to be placed below the glow plug. is that the correct place to be fitting it?

MY car just won`t start

Thanks to u guys again

Cheers!!
Old 03-16-2005, 09:36 AM
Tech Regular

ONe more thing i noticed.

Even when the glow plug is in, when i pull the putt-starter, i can feel fuel coming out. is there anyhing wrong with my setting?
Old 03-16-2005, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

A new motor is always set on the rich side, so you will need to make sure your glow starter is fully charged.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:59 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks Nimo,

The glow starter i`m using is battery operated. It`s a new battery.

COuld there be anything else that i did wrongly?
Old 03-16-2005, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

You say the plugs doesn't red up, so either the glow is flat, not making contact, or the plug has blown.
Make sure the battery does not exceed 2 volts or it will blow the plug, 1.2 volts is the norm.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:10 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks again Nimo,

i`m using a 1.5V battery.

The part that i`m looking is the head of the starter as well as the top part of the glow plug. that`s not glowing.

Is there a possibility of the plug being blown or the Glow is flat as it is a totally new car.

So sorry for all my newbie questions.

Really appreciate your help.

Thanks!
Old 03-16-2005, 01:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Mate on your controller there should be 2 knobs on the right hand side the left is steering adjustment and the right is throttle turn it anti-clockwise and she should start
Good Luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.