Community
Wiki Posts
Search

any body still running brushed?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 12:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default any body still running brushed?

I'm on a budget for my toys and can only out fit one ride at a time for brushless. Planning on doing my slash first. So I have an xl5 esc and several brushed cams tochoose from.. They are a reedy krypton 17t, trinity speedgem extreme mod, hpi firebolt 15t, and an old magic Johnson. For the brushless side I have a de10 already and a17.5 and 13.5 motors on the way. The car is a sakura zero s. I'm planning on installing the Novak vta combo when the funds become available as I plan to run it in vta eventually sound reasonable? Batteries will be 2s lipo.thanks!
Old 09-16-2012, 12:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rustlerfan47
I'm on a budget for my toys and can only out fit one ride at a time for brushless. Planning on doing my slash first. So I have an xl5 esc and several brushed cams tochoose from.. They are a reedy krypton 17t, trinity speedgem extreme mod, hpi firebolt 15t, and an old magic Johnson. For the brushless side I have a de10 already and a17.5 and 13.5 motors on the way. The car is a sakura zero s. I'm planning on installing the Novak vta combo when the funds become available as I plan to run it in vta eventually sound reasonable? Batteries will be 2s lipo.thanks!

My son still runs a brushed motor in the 17.5 Blinky TC. The car is plenty quick for him, and if I geared it up more he could almost keep upto the other cars. The brushed motors just dont have the same power a 17.5 BL does.

Its cheap though, most of the motors and brushes he is running have been donated to him as everyone else has switched to brushless. He is running the CO27 Trinity motors (Blue Can).

Shawn
Old 09-16-2012, 02:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Its a stop gap so I can get used to the way it handles as i'm new to on road stuff. The motors are all left offers from when I screwed around with stadium trucks before going nitro. Now my son likes it so pdf the nitro goes and back to electric. Atleast the rides stay way cleaner from indoors lol