Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree221Likes

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-02-2021, 05:42 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ByteStream
If you mean the following 4 tools are weird ..
  • 1.5mm hex
  • 2.0mm hex
  • 2.5mm hex
  • 5.5mm socket driver
Ya those are the sizes I was hoping for ...X-ray uses those huh ...shoulda figured ....my t3 went together like a dream and I'm sure there x12 is nice ....that will be my next 12 for sure!
Old 12-04-2012, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theatriks
Ya those are the sizes I was hoping for ...X-ray uses those huh ...shoulda figured ....my t3 went together like a dream and I'm sure there x12 is nice ....that will be my next 12 for sure!
Honestly, there is nothing wrong with the imperial stuff .. it's just another couple of wrenches, you'll need them for one reason or another in the long run.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Do you often find yourself stripping out pinion grub screws when you use a 1.5mm instead of a 1/16" ? All you need are three extra wrenches and you could avoid all of this pointless drama.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:45 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by LloydLoar
Do you often find yourself stripping out pinion grub screws when you use a 1.5mm instead of a 1/16" ? All you need are three extra wrenches and you could avoid all of this pointless drama.
Do a search of his post history, he's a major troll.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vostok 7
Do a search of his post history, he's a major troll.
Trolling is an art. There is no artistry in what he tries to do.

But we are now dragging this beautiful CRC thread off-topic. Back to your regularly scheduled diatribes from Mario...
Old 12-04-2012, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

thank you.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Art

Old 12-04-2012, 10:57 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ByteStream
If you mean the following 4 tools are weird ..
  • 1.5mm hex
  • 2.0mm hex
  • 2.5mm hex
  • 5.5mm socket driver
I said fasteners, not tools but it looks like I was wrong about that anyway. Somebody told me the rear wheel bolts were 2.75mm but I just looked it up and they are just 3x8s. oops.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

All I was trying to do was share my opinion but in this thread your called a troll for it ....
Old 12-04-2012, 11:20 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

All I was trying to do was share my opinion but in this thread your called a troll for it ....
This is a pretty good deal if you need imperial wrenches (and can probably be found cheaper too):

http://www.speedtechhobbies.com/inde...roduct_id=2190

As a bonus, you can also use the tips in a ryobi electric screwdriver.

AE 12r5.2 uses metric screws IIRC.

I agree that it would be nice if all the cars were metric now (I'm a fan of the metric system), but it is what it is, and the cost for getting a set of imperial wrenches is not that high.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Team CRC
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the kind words here. The Xti has been a huge success and we thank all of you for the support. In the stock inline configuration, the car has won at all the big events so far in 2012; Vegas, Halloween Classic and the Indoor Champs.

The stock Xti has proven very quick with exceptional speed in the corners and through the chicanes. The true inline setup of the car really makes for a nimble machine. Maybe a bit too nimble for some, hence the "Altered Ego" chassis. The Altered Ego has some geometry "alterations" to mellow the car, making it a bit more stable and providing a more locked feeling to the rear end. Three different pieces make up an "Altered Ego"; chassis; rear lower plate, rear upper plate.

The car can be run inline or transverse, however, the geometry alterations do make for a tight fit between the 1s pack and the reversed servo in the inline configuration. I have run the car inline and it is awesome. However, only the smaller speedos make this possible. In the transverse position, the car has a ton of room to mount electronics and move the transverse cell back and forth.

In addition to the "Altered Ego" components, there is a new "solid" chassis available for the Xti using stock geometry, direct bolt-on. The new solid chassis incorporates the transverse "wings" much like the Altered Ego version. Also, all the new chassis (stock, solid and altered) have been beefed up as we have had some chassis breakage in the body mount area. This has been more of a problem for those who do not use a bumper.

These new parts were available at the hobby store during the Champs and should be on the site later today (Tuesday).

Other news is that replacement spare Slider pods are finally in stock and the latest batch is perfect. The slider pods have proven to be a bit difficult to make however, we really nailed them perfect with this latest run.

Thanks again... see ya at the track!

FC
Its nice to see CRG making improvements but what about the racers who just spent hundreds of dollars to get the XTI and trying to get them up to speed. I already broke the front body mounts on the frame, new frame. Then transverse trying to make it more drivable. Now a shorter frame ? This will put me in the pace of running nitro 1/8 scale with the cost, almost. Also now I need new bodies if I try the Alter Ego, why not run my XL? Just venting, maybe they should of tested more in the US before they came up with a new car. CRC seems to be a great company for support of pan cars, but which things would of been dialed before the season began,
Old 12-04-2012, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Yep.... Come here for a little support / venting and the pack jumps all over you.

God forbid you offer a suggestion....
Old 12-04-2012, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default one shoe does not fit all feet comfortably

The thing to keep in mind about the XTI platform is that it can be configured to suit most anybody's preference. Plenty of guys have been going super fast with the new car's full inline setup, including the forward mounted servo. The record shows that the full inline CRC cars have won most all of the major US events ever since the XTI was released. Meanwhile other guys (myself included) prefer a different feel in their car. I tried my new XTI inline but found that, for me, my XTI felt better transverse. What CRC does offer to the racer with this new XTI platform is the option to configure the car in order to suit most any driving style or preference in feel. And they also continue to offer and to support the previous model for those who have no interest in the inline configuration whatsoever. Who else supports 1/12th scale racing with this level of commitment to it? Well, nobody else that I can think of.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bvoltz
Yep.... Come here for a little support / venting and the pack jumps all over you.

God forbid you offer a suggestion....
I know the feeling dude I read the pages where they tore you a new one just because you we're asking about a servo saver ....that's why I said what I said ...nobody deserve to get spoken to like that ....especially on a tech forum where there's gonna be tons of newbs and guys asking tons of questions.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Theo49306
Its nice to see CRG making improvements but what about the racers who just spent hundreds of dollars to get the XTI and trying to get them up to speed. I already broke the front body mounts on the frame, new frame. Then transverse trying to make it more drivable. Now a shorter frame ? This will put me in the pace of running nitro 1/8 scale with the cost, almost. Also now I need new bodies if I try the Alter Ego, why not run my XL? Just venting, maybe they should of tested more in the US before they came up with a new car. CRC seems to be a great company for support of pan cars, but which things would of been dialed before the season began,

Hi,

Thanks for your support.

You have all you need... the Xti is very capable in stock trim, it is full tested and already proven (winning in many different hands). Just get out there and run some laps, the car is incredible. Just because we release optional and tuning parts, doesn't mean what we had before is useless. We are just giving racers options. We did plenty of testing including A-finals at the World Championships. As for that broken chassis with nose damage, return it, we will get you the revised stock unit.

Thanks again for chosing CRC.

Frank Calandra

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.