Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Which class to run onroad to improve my skills? >

Which class to run onroad to improve my skills?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which class to run onroad to improve my skills?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 06:04 AM
Tech Champion

Default Which class to run onroad to improve my skills?

Hello,

I would like to begin racing electric onroad to improve my skills (reflexes, throttle control etc..). I race offroad since two years but I'm sure onroad could help me to get more finesse in my driving. I'm a smooth driver. What class would you recommend?

I would like something not too complicated but stil sensible to setup changes to understand how to set up an onroad car. If the budget could stay reasonable, then it would be even better
Old 09-01-2012, 06:24 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

1/12th hands down, no question.

Cars are cheap, simple, quick, and ultra responsive. Get good at them and you will be better at everything else.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:38 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wingracer
1/12th hands down, no question.

Cars are cheap, simple, quick, and ultra responsive. Get good at them and you will be better at everything else.
Good to hear because this is the class that attracts me the most . I'm a bit sad this isn't the big class here in Belgium

Are the foam tires more expensive to run or cheaper than rubber generally? I'm a real beginner in onroad sorry
Old 09-01-2012, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pulse_
Good to hear because this is the class that attracts me the most . I'm a bit sad this isn't the big class here in Belgium

Are the foam tires more expensive to run or cheaper than rubber generally? I'm a real beginner in onroad sorry
You'll find that foams are cheaper initially to buy but, and this is a big but, they wear out fast and one set isn't enough as track conditions change. Tires are the number one major tuning item in 1/12 and if your tire set-up isn't right you will be playing catch up all day.

I found in off-road that once you find a good tire for the track you race at then you are set for the season. Same thing for 1/12, see what the fast guys are using. Remember that in 1/12 it isn't point and shoot like 4wd buggy but more of a finese and maintenance of momentum through the turns.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:28 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by AreCee
You'll find that foams are cheaper initially to buy but, and this is a big but, they wear out fast and one set isn't enough as track conditions change. Tires are the number one major tuning item in 1/12 and if your tire set-up isn't right you will be playing catch up all day.

I found in off-road that once you find a good tire for the track you race at then you are set for the season. Same thing for 1/12, see what the fast guys are using. Remember that in 1/12 it isn't point and shoot like 4wd buggy but more of a finese and maintenance of momentum through the turns.
This is exactly what I'm looking for
Old 09-01-2012, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

I would run the class with the best support. You won't learn much if there is nobody to race against.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I think the real answer here is, ANY. Seriously, made the same move myself and the knowledge of driving on-road, any class, will seriously improve you off-road driving. Especially if it is carpet with jumps like we have here in CT.