Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Newby to On-Road which RTR is better Hot Bodies Cyclone S or Team Magic E4 JR?? >

Newby to On-Road which RTR is better Hot Bodies Cyclone S or Team Magic E4 JR??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Newby to On-Road which RTR is better Hot Bodies Cyclone S or Team Magic E4 JR??

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 01:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Newby to On-Road which RTR is better Hot Bodies Cyclone S or Team Magic E4 JR??

Hi all I want to try electric touring and need to choose between these two rtr cars which of these is a better car for me?.

I want to start quickly and want a RTR car and it looks that these two are the better of the bunch.

I want to use it for club racing and need the more competitive car.

Any feedback will be highly appreciated.

Best regards.
Greg.

Last edited by FASTGIMS; 08-31-2012 at 01:36 PM. Reason: update
Old 08-31-2012, 01:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Best bet is to buy a used racer. Get more for your money most of the time. Best to start with a fresh kit honestly....
Old 09-01-2012, 03:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi,thanks for the suggestion but I really want to buy one of these two,I just want to try electric touring and see if I like it and prefer a RTR for now.

I have a Serpent 720 gas touring sedan and want to give electric a try.

Just want to hear some feedback on the two cars to see wich is a better car for me.

Regards.
Greg.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:37 AM
Tech Master

Between those two go for the Cyclone. Being part of HPI the spares are more readily available from all major hobby shops around the world. Unless your local hobby shop has a good supply of E4JR spares in stock you will struggle to find them anywhere and you will have to buy spares from Taiwan.

You aren't going to notice a difference in performance on track between the two cars and the easier access to spares will mean you can keep on racing instead of waiting for parts. You also have access to parts from the full spec Cyclone to upgrade to if you want add to the car.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Terry thanks for the feedback,I have found that in Canada there is a hobby store with a very large stock of parts for the Team Magic cars,it's interesting to hear that I wouldn't find any difference in competitiveness on both cars.

I have read all good things about both cars but want to have some feedback on drivers who had owned them.But it looks like there isn't that much drivers who had used these two cars before!! :-(

Just want to make the right choice and don't want to be dessapointed after purchase.

Greg.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

cyclone s with exotek flipped belts lipo conversion