Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Integy setup station

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 09:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I've had pretty good success with the older Integy setup station. I've compared them directly to a Hudy station, and yes, the Hudy station is higher quality, but they both do the same thing.

I spent 30 bucks on a used set while a friend of mine bought his Hudy brand new for 150. At the end of the day, 1degree camber is going to be pretty dang close to 1 degree camber on any set up station.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well I decided to order one up for $76. When it gets here I'll post a little review if anyone's interested.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I use one all the time, and can say its pretty accurate. Only drawback is that it doesn't come with the 8-32 threaded thumb screws, only has the 4-40 for attatching it to the axles. Real smooth action tho
Old 01-17-2013, 07:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Steve S
Well I decided to order one up for $76. When it gets here I'll post a little review if anyone's interested.
Hi Steve, a few questions if you don't mind.

Did the Integy come with a case of any sort? Or can you post pics of the box? I'm wondering if I need to buy a case for it or if the box is good enough.

Can you post pics with the toe plate installed? Also, what is that rectangular bar for? I circled it in the pic.

And what are those 2 pointed knives looking thing for? I circled them in the pic as well.

Can you post pics to show how these and the rectangular bar are used?

The Hudy is $150+16 for the aluminum nuts. I don't think it's worth it unless I have more money than brains. Plus, I like it that the Integy comes in many anodized colors...

Lastly, has anyone found instructions for these things yet? I know the Hudy has a nice set of instructions, but I'm not willing to pay double for those when I only need to read it once (and I've actually already read them from a friend who has the Hudy I've been using a lot).
Attached Thumbnails Integy setup station-capture.jpg  
Old 01-17-2013, 08:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M3Armand

Did the Integy come with a case of any sort? Or can you post pics of the box? I'm wondering if I need to buy a case for it or if the box is good enough.

Can you post pics with the toe plate installed? Also, what is that rectangular bar for? I circled it in the pic.

And what are those 2 pointed knives looking thing for? I circled them in the pic as well.

The Hudy is $150+16 for the aluminum nuts. I don't think it's worth it unless I have more money than brains. Plus, I like it that the Integy comes in many anodized colors...

Lastly, has anyone found instructions for these things yet? I know the Hudy has a nice set of instructions, but I'm not willing to pay double for those when I only need to read it once (and I've actually already read them from a friend who has the Hudy I've been using a lot).

I'm gonna steal Steve's thunder =

Mine may be for sale come Saturday...

It's RED
NO INSTRUCTIONS =
Integy's email respose to that question =
They all work the same
NO CASE
The one I have came in a plastic hinged case with foam inserts cut out for the individual parts
Large bar replaces small bar in the toe tool (just below the circled part) =
I think they screwed up =
It's too damned big for 1/16 scale and 1/10 scale =
I'm guessing 1/8 scale
Pointed knives are Integy's vain attempt at a caster gauge...

The workmanship on the one I have is less than desirable by my standards =
I had to shim a couple of the thumbscrews and match the pieces for better fit (see marks on pieces: RF, RR, LF, LR, etc.)

I do not know if the YEAH Racing Setup Station is any better =
I may/may not buy one

For now, I'm going back to doing setups caveman style =
I have two RPM Camber Gauges =
One for camber & one modified for toe
I use over a lined self healing mat =
Close enough for my skill level

When my car was checked on an Integy (before I bought one) =
Only one camber setting was off almost 1/2°
And the left toe by 1/4° (the loose side of the car)

PM me Saturday if you're interested =
One of the guys I race with is gonna look at it tomorrow night & might buy it

Attached Thumbnails Integy setup station-dscn4559.jpg   Integy setup station-dscn4560.jpg   Integy setup station-dscn4561.jpg  

Last edited by Marv; 01-17-2013 at 08:38 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by M3Armand

The package could be used to carry it I suppose, but it's not all that compact or convenient to disassemble/reassemble everything. Depending how fussy you are, it takes some care to assemble the gauges with minimal friction and play. Despite appearances, there are no ball bearings. I think I used a 0.1 or 0.2mm shim in a couple of mine to get it perfect. This is the price you pay for not spending $150 on Hudy stuff Anyway, I just leave mine assembled and try to find a relatively safe spot in my box.

The rectangular bar is an extra centre section for the toe plate. It lets you use the setup with different width cars (1/16 or 1/10).

The pointy bits are for measuring caster. Kind of useless unless you're messing with anti-dive, or drive an Awesomatix.

I'll post pics up later when I have time.

Edit:
Wow, beaten
Old 01-17-2013, 08:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Marv
Large bar replaces small bar in the toe tool (just below the circled part) =
I think they screwed up =
It's too damned big for 16 scale and 10 scale
It works fine, you're supposed to slide the toe gauge over and measure one side at a time. Works the same as Hudy in that respect.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:57 PM
Tech Regular

...Despite appearances, there are no ball bearings.
Then what are those round ball bearing looking things around the feet of the pieces?
Old 01-17-2013, 09:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

It's just a little roller bushing. I was fooled too.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:11 AM
Tech Regular

It's just a little roller bushing. I was fooled too.
Ah.. but that's ok. It's not like those things need to move like wheels. Even on the Hudy, although I noticed that it had bearings, it doesn't really "spin" freely.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:38 AM
Tech Regular

How about a review? Would you spend the extra money for the Hudy? The thing is, I kinda like the purple Integy since it matches the color of my TCX...
Old 01-19-2013, 10:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm very happy with it, the Hudy would not have been worth the extra money to me. The tolerances are obviously not Hudy-like, but in my opinion that is easily overcome by assembling the gauges with a little more care as described above. The slop in the car is by far the dominant factor in the precision of the readings. Nevertheless, the measurements are very repeatable.

I actually prefer the metal toe plate to the clear plastic ones, which I find slightly harder to read. The toe plate also allows you to measure steering throw. The Hudy also does this, but I noted that some other brands do not.

The only shortcoming in my opinion is the lack of a carrying case, but I'm sure you could rig something up using the foam cut-outs from the original package. On the other hand, I'm fine with that because if I had to disassemble/reassemble the gauges every time, I'd probably be too lazy to use them at all
Old 02-01-2013, 01:57 PM
Tech Regular

No pics?
Old 02-02-2013, 05:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm very happy with it, the Hudy would not have been worth the extra money to me. The tolerances are obviously not Hudy-like, but in my opinion that is easily overcome by assembling the gauges with a little more care as described above. The slop in the car is by far the dominant factor in the precision of the readings. Nevertheless, the measurements are very repeatable.

I actually prefer the metal toe plate to the clear plastic ones, which I find slightly harder to read. The toe plate also allows you to measure steering throw. The Hudy also does this, but I noted that some other brands do not.

The only shortcoming in my opinion is the lack of a carrying case, but I'm sure you could rig something up using the foam cut-outs from the original package. On the other hand, I'm fine with that because if I had to disassemble/reassemble the gauges every time, I'd probably be too lazy to use them at all

This one "should" fit Steve - Integy C23290 =
I checked the dims on Tower's site =

Integy setup station-lintc0741.jpg

If I decide to keep mine / And I might =
The Yeah is getting a lot of negs about the toe gauge not fitting properly...
I'll get this case for snicks

Caveman style still works just fine for now

Last edited by Marv; 02-08-2013 at 10:41 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have owned a PMB and Hudy AIO. The PMB was a flexible piece of junk and the the Hudy is nice, but way too much money. You are spending a premium for an "eyeball" adjustment anyway. Sure I'm no Pro, but with a pair of calipers and and RPM Gauge, you will do just fine. These cars aren't within 10,000 thousands of an inch. These cars aren't precise.

By all means if you want one, fine, however a half decent RPM Gauge and calipers will work better than the eight hours it took you to set up your car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.