Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-4

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 12:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
3-10 days before they arrive in the USA. Then they have to be shipped from Cal to the respective, team drivers, distributors, shops etc.

Remember that time can always change again.

Good things come to those that wait. Hold off on the K-car and wait for the 4. Mugen parts availability and support are the best so why put yourself into the K-car.
i have to agree with scott. having dealt with the big 3 (mugen,kyosho,serpent), mugen has the best support out there. there quality is very very high.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asw7576
I don't use this engine, but I understand your message hehehe......

Hey car breaker, I almost forget ! Buy OS 12TZ 5 ports !!!
5 port is outlaw, 18tz(p) is way cheaper in term of out law (tower has it for $180)
Old 10-05-2005, 02:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You're probably right...man, I just can't wait to build another car. I actually enjoyed building my first car, RC10GT FT kit. I didn't build my MTX3 prospec, or any of my other cars since I bought them all used.

Thanks Scott.

3-10 days before they arrive in the USA. Then they have to be shipped from Cal to the respective, team drivers, distributors, shops etc.

Remember that time can always change again.

Good things come to those that wait. Hold off on the K-car and wait for the 4. Mugen parts availability and support are the best so why put yourself into the K-car.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

The CVD's will be the same price as the MTX3 as the cars use the same CVD's and aluminum hexes.
****keep in mind that the rear is now 5.5 mm longer on each side so im guessing the CVD's would be a little bit long

its not a fact just my logic...

Mike.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Seeing the pics. I could say that having new pinion gears with the same pitch of the prospec means new pulley gears and therefore belts! the rear brake pulley is bigger, and the picture shows it!
new belts pulleys pinions and clutch bell, higher acceleration!
Old 10-05-2005, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by factory racer
****keep in mind that the rear is now 5.5 mm longer on each side so im guessing the CVD's would be a little bit long

its not a fact just my logic...

Mike.
From the info I have, the MTX 3 front CVD (longer than the rears) are going to fit the MTX4 front and rear. I know that the MTX3 front CVD's do fit on the MTX4, but I don't know if they go front and rear. The reason I am guessing they fit both is two fold.

1st: The rear MTX3 CVD's are shorter than the fronts. Even though they are shorter, they fit the front as well. I normally just have rears on both ends of my MTX3. Since the MTX4 has longer rear arms than the MTX3 I am assuming the MTX3 front CVD's will work both front and rear on the MTX4.

2nd: Like I said I do know that the front MTX3 CVD's do fit on the MTX4 somewhere. I also know there is no part listing for a rear CVD for the MTX4. That is why I am assuming that CVD will work front and rear.

All of the belts are new as well. They will be available in rubber and urethane.

Last edited by Scott Fisher; 10-05-2005 at 07:27 PM. Reason: add infor
Old 10-05-2005, 08:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by joemugen
i have to agree with scott. having dealt with the big 3 (mugen,kyosho,serpent), mugen has the best support out there. there quality is very very high.
Joe, u are a joke

how can u say that Kyosho and Serpent have no support? First you where running with a 710 and you had all the support of the world (did you remember who built your car the Saturday before the Wnats and who helped you during the entire event? Did you remember that in other small races, again different people from the same team help you?
And Kyosho..... you where buying everything from Asia (RRR)..... Kyosho America was still not here 100%....... and by the way, you are not supportig the US market (and i am talking not only the last part of the chain, the LHS, but buying overseas you are hurting LHS, Distributor and Importer)....... do the same with the MTX4.... Mugen USA already said that no support for kit purchased overseas!!

About Mugen: you are rigth. Awesome product and support!!!

Stop talking s...h about the manufacturers..... this is not the first time you do this (and you know it!!!!).. specially and mostly because you have ot enough experience and knowledge!!!

Sorry guys to go out of topic..... this guy is just

So the 4 is close.........i can´t wait to put mi hands on one
Old 10-05-2005, 09:57 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
From my friend over at Hong Kong because they have a group buy of MTX4 over there right now.....the car will be availalbe sometime next week to all local hobby shops there (again, what do I know....I just quoted from his word) and the price is $2500 HKD (group buy discount in street price)....that is = $320USD.......street price should be $350 USD, of couse, if in US, that will be like $380-400 range.

I still need them to confirm with me once they have the car.....again, just want to share what I heard....none of them has the car on hand.
I believe what your friend told you. My HK LHS got it $2500 hkd, but I already made goodwill promise with my local LHS around $350-$360 usd. So I have to keep my promise true.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Old 10-06-2005, 06:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by miker2209
Joe, u are a joke

how can u say that Kyosho and Serpent have no support? First you where running with a 710 and you had all the support of the world (did you remember who built your car the Saturday before the Wnats and who helped you during the entire event? Did you remember that in other small races, again different people from the same team help you?
And Kyosho..... you where buying everything from Asia (RRR)..... Kyosho America was still not here 100%....... and by the way, you are not supportig the US market (and i am talking not only the last part of the chain, the LHS, but buying overseas you are hurting LHS, Distributor and Importer)....... do the same with the MTX4.... Mugen USA already said that no support for kit purchased overseas!!

About Mugen: you are rigth. Awesome product and support!!!

Stop talking s...h about the manufacturers..... this is not the first time you do this (and you know it!!!!).. specially and mostly because you have ot enough experience and knowledge!!!

Sorry guys to go out of topic..... this guy is just

So the 4 is close.........i can´t wait to put mi hands on one
i have no idea who the you are, and you are talking a lot of shit. i did not say anything bad about any of the other manufacturers, i merely state how i felt about mugen. so for you to say that i am talking shit on the other manufacurers??? i never once said that serpent or kyosho offer no support. go back and read my comment, i merely said i think mugen has the best support. that does not in any way say that the other manufacturers offer no support.
it seems like you have studied my r/c past or something. you know all the cars i ran, when i ran them, etc. do me a favor and quit worrying about what i am doing and take care of yourself.
furthermore, the serpent was not the first car i ran. the first car i ever ran was the mtx-3 prospec.
so please, this is a public forum, this is open discussion. before you get all immature and calling people names, read what people really are saying.
also, how can you say i dont support the LHS. in my one year of racing, i have probably spent at least five thousand at the various LHS. so please, dont make assumptions about somebody else if you really dont know what you are talking about.
Also, for you to say that I talk shit about the manufacturers before, that is a big lie. If you read all my comments on this forum, I have always stated that I thought mugen and serpent have the best quality. I have always said that I thought serpent was a very well built cars.
Now, if you are referring to my comments that I made on the mega, hey that was my experience with that engine. Talking shit is something totally different. That is what a forum is for, its to talk about your experiences with different products. Furthermore, many others have posted very similar comments. So please don’t lie and blast people based on lies. You’re the type of person that would really make anyone want to leave this hobby. Dealing with people like you is worse than work, and that is probably why I have quit racing. And everybody wonders why r/c is always losing their racers. So buddy, before you go to bed tonite, pat yourself on the shoulder and say damn I did a great job in my efforts to eliminate r/c racing in the US--- one less racer.
i am not going to respond to anymore of your immature comments, so write on and have fun.
take care and have fun racing.
to everyone else on this forum, sorry you guys had to read this. i have a r/c relationship with many people on this site and a reputation to uphold that is important to me. i am a very decent and honest person. and when someone slanders me based on lies, it really personally affends me. so once again, sorry to everyone who just wants to read about the mtx-4 and to all who buy it good luck racing, i am sure it will be a great car!!!

Last edited by joemugen; 10-06-2005 at 09:50 AM.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asw7576
I believe what your friend told you. My HK LHS got it $2500 hkd, but I already made goodwill promise with my local LHS around $350-$360 usd. So I have to keep my promise true.
Good for you, buy in USA and support LHS and US MFR................to be honest, $360 USD local or in USA web shop is a good price....totally expected price range for the high end TC kit.........710 and regular RRR are around that ball park, I don't see MTX4 will be like $450 or $500 like others were guessing (I was guessing too...LOL).........when the MTX4 Prospec come out, yes, it will be $450....

Again....I don't believe there is a day I would own a Mugen......but I think MTX4 will be my first one.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:14 AM
Tech Addict

Any word on when the MTX4 will be here in the States? I just realized that my only race car is off to the IHobbyExpo for display, and I have a State race just days after the show? Should I just go buy a new Prospec and build it? I guess I could take the car on the plane with me, if the airline lets me, on the trip home?
Old 10-06-2005, 10:16 AM
Tech Addict

And yes, I ordered mine with the LHS PNP Hobbies, who ordered it with HRP. Didn't care on the price, love my 3, so I should love the 4.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jea3
Any word on when the MTX4 will be here in the States? I just realized that my only race car is off to the IHobbyExpo for display, and I have a State race just days after the show? Should I just go buy a new Prospec and build it? I guess I could take the car on the plane with me, if the airline lets me, on the trip home?
I am sure they will let you bring the MTX3 prospec kit as a hand carry item.......however, what good is that if you don't have any tools/wrench to build it..? If you are thinking to bring on those wrenches as hand carry, you must be crazy....(I know you are kidding...)
Old 10-06-2005, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

if i was coming from the philippines going to us, i would. the flight time average is about 15 to 18 hours. the kit sure would kill time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.