Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 07:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Dave,

Post the foreign URL (Kawahara site) into Bablfish to translate:
http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Then get the prices (yen) and convert it into USD:
http://www.x-rates.com/calculator.html

There's other conversion calulators out there too.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Tommy,

Are you running the blade rear sway?
Old 06-29-2006, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

got any pic of the kaw chassi and where would i be able to get the xpack online
Old 06-29-2006, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

Any one used the 3racing one way is it a one way or a locker
Old 06-29-2006, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Osiris 75
This may be a stupid question, but I don't know the answer. If I use the solid axle, instead of the gears for the front diff, do I still use diff. oil??
No.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

lookout

Last edited by SOLOARTIST 702; 12-25-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kidDynomite
I personally don't like the three racing chassis. They use a weak alum. mix. 4mm bent on my V-ones. The bow effect was like a 2.5mm difference from center to ends. The Kawahara is nice. They use a duraluminum type metal that's light and harder to tweak. Similar to the optional SP chassis's that Kyosho uses.

As far a 3racing goes. I've had some of their drivetrain parts fail me a couple years ago and haven't bought any thing they make since. The worst was when I busted one of their alum. middle shafts during a main. Snapped it, not the belt but the shaft. And that was from stress not a crash. Go figure.

I would go with the Mugen 4mm or Kawahara. I heard that Xpack was pretty good out in the UK as well.
The 3Racing chassis is pretty weak. But, the ultra light 2 speed and some of other alum upgrades they make are really nice. Kawahara is way overpriced. If you can afford them, get them. They have pretty much the best quality. However, in terms of price-to-performance, I don't think 3Racing is that bad at all.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sohlman
YBSLOW and others:

I'm developing the brass battery trays for the team. These are protoypes. I'm selling off the last few on eBay now. They seem to have been a little too heavy so I'm making some changes. Expect an updated version soon.
sohlman: I drilled out the hole to make my brace lighter. I also polished it so that I can wear it around my nick and have some BLING !!! Had dinner with Hananouchi and he told me that you'l be here in the bay during the GP San Jose. We all gotta hook up.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roger
sohlman: I drilled out the hole to make my brace lighter. I also polished it so that I can wear it around my nick and have some BLING !!! Had dinner with Hananouchi and he told me that you'l be here in the bay during the GP San Jose. We all gotta hook up.
Hey Roger, It was nice meeting you at the Nats! I hope I see you again at future races. Take care.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by silverM3
The 3Racing chassis is pretty weak. But, the ultra light 2 speed and some of other alum upgrades they make are really nice. Kawahara is way overpriced. If you can afford them, get them. They have pretty much the best quality. However, in terms of price-to-performance, I don't think 3Racing is that bad at all.
Yeah, I don't think their all that bad. I have their front sway bar mount on all my old V-ones and FW series cars. Those work fine. Funny thing is, Kyosho actually private labels those parts as their own for some models, just anodized different. Kyosho even sold the 3Racing aluminum shock towers for the FW-05 as their own. And as you mentioned, their prices are great, that's why I didn't bother with the parts that Kyosho branded. 3Racing actually makes parts for a whole slew of aftermarket companies. I just decided that I'd stick to items that were proven by others or myself. I've spent tons of dough on hop-ups that I eventually took off if it just added weight or failed endurance wise. I broke 3 of their universals in one race day. Not from hitting anything, but from stress. Other Kyosho drivers had the same problem. And their wheel hexes have actually twisted in the groove where the pins sit. I actually thought that would be the last thing to trash.

At this point, I'm not into spending lots of dough anymore for aftermarkets that may just end up in my parts box. I pretty much try to run stock with some of the manufacturer's options. And I'm a big fan of Kawahara stuff, but even then, I don't by everthing they dish out. I'm a weight weenie, so ever gram counts ... until legal weight limit. I'm just trying to help anyone save a buck or two... for tires and fuel. That's all this car really needs.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
lookout
Will, cool dog! Hey is that a Pulty built home?
Old 06-30-2006, 12:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nitro$junkie
got any pic of the kaw chassi and where would i be able to get the xpack online
Babelfish this (french to english):
http://www.xpack-performances.com

Now they got some sweet stuff. The Ti hollow shaft looks good. There's a contact link at the bottom. Maybe they can help you find one.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
Hey Roger, It was nice meeting you at the Nats! I hope I see you again at future races. Take care.
Hey Peter. It was also nice to finally put a face to the name on this messege board. Tell the guys at crystal park I said hello. Harry was talking about the race at crystal park ( Pro Series ). Maybe i'll see you guys soon.
Old 06-30-2006, 02:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kidDynomite
Babelfish this (french to english):
http://www.xpack-performances.com

Now they got some sweet stuff. The Ti hollow shaft looks good. There's a contact link at the bottom. Maybe they can help you find one.
thanks heaps kid that helps alot they got some nice stuff as well might have to go on a spending spree
Old 06-30-2006, 03:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by thunderbt3
Tommy,

Are you running the blade rear sway?
Not yet, D. But soon! My wife has a list of part numbers for my bday present. A little overseas bird gave word that she has contacted them.

BTW, Masa tells me that they are in stock at RC Champs. You can contact her at:
[email protected]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.