Wiki Posts
Search

New 1/10 and 1/8 indoor track opening in North Haven, ct

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 09:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NHRCRACER
About to piss someone off in 3, 2, 1 ...

There was an awesome on-road indoor track in New Haven not all that long ago. First, it was paved (ran nitro and electric) and then switched to carpet in an effort to save the business. The place eventually closed even when on-road was more popular. I used to go there all the time. Best and worse part: I never had to worry about the crowds.

There's a paved on-road track in Bridgeport (or that general area). I have never seen another person there.

Control Freakz ... awesome on-road facility. Closed.

I love on-road as much as the next guy, but I wouldn't personally invest a dime in an on-road facility.

If you want to do this for real decide what your point(s) of difference is(are).

I don't know you or how close to reality this idea is, but I'd suggest using the large track area to create a short course friendly track (big wide lanes and low long jumps). Make a track for the Slash crowd; the 1/8-scale electric guys will run on it just fine. And, I'd build the small track area into a bashing fun zone with just-for-fun obstacles such as a back flip ramp, crush cars, wall ride, big air jumps, sand pit, etc. Give the Stampede, E-Savage, Monster jam guys a place to run.
Ya i hear ya man. I will not be opening up the onroad track as of now then. My dad and i are still currently trying to see how many people would actually come because we dont want to open and shut down. Please spread the word.

I dont really know about the bashing area. I was thinking something like motorama, like the size of the 1/10 track and the 1/8 track this past February.

Giovanni
Old 08-28-2012, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TreadRCracing
I dont really know about the bashing area. I was thinking something like motorama, like the size of the 1/10 track and the 1/8 track this past February.

Giovanni
Holy smokes dude......are ya'll buying out the XL Center!?
Old 08-28-2012, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by taco94
Haha. While I have experienced the opposite, Im not gonna go off on you.
admit it........you're just plain scared of jumps.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Ok, I think Gio should borrow a bunch of $$ and build this thing.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:13 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I think Gio should do this! Hey if it works put for him I'm willing to open a track! Bigger though and with indoor and outdoor on road along with an outdoor 1/8 and a jumbo 1/8-1/10 indoor for electric only! Actually I'm planning of opening one mid to late febuary of 2013
Old 08-28-2012, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dieselpower
admit it........you're just plain scared of jumps.
Just a little...
Old 08-28-2012, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Talk to all the super rich track owners where you race and i'm sure they will tell you what a lucrative business rc racing is Do yourself a favor and don't count on any of the rc crowd for anything. One bad lay out or not perfect dirt is all it takes to have an empty building. The hobby shop end of it is even worse.

Just my opinion
Old 08-28-2012, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jnslprd
Talk to all the super rich track owners where you race and i'm sure they will tell you what a lucrative business rc racing is Do yourself a favor and don't count on any of the rc crowd for anything. One bad lay out or not perfect dirt is all it takes to have an empty building. The hobby shop end of it is even worse.

Just my opinion
+1

Take that money you want to spend on the track and save it for collage, buy yourself a home, move right between OCRC and WCraceway, buy yourself a Lamborgini, buy hookers - all of those are better things to spend money on than a track.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:48 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCHR
+1

Take that money you want to spend on the track and save it for collage, buy yourself a home, move right between OCRC and WCraceway, buy yourself a Lamborgini, buy hookers - all of those are better things to spend money on than a track.
+1 I like marks thinking!!! I would never open a track just kidding about the post above, just trying to steer Gio away buy making him think I'm opening a bigger one next to his! I'm sure any of us woul do what mark just said if we have money like Gio!! It's up to you gio but think first and don't make a stupid move! And remember it won't be a supper premier track like OCRC or WCRC of the east cost not even close!
Old 08-28-2012, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

+1

One can actually buy hookers? I thought it was a rental basis.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:34 AM
Tech Addict

+1

Mark, i am 14 and i will not be paying. Ill be the one working on everything and be the co-owner. My dad will be buyiing the place if anything and the business will pay him back if it does good. Hey at least i have something to do rather than sit home and do homework and watch people racing on liverc when i can be at the track doing my homework and practice right after im done

Last edited by TreadRCracing; 08-28-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TreadRCracing
Mark, i am 14 and i will not be paying. Ill be the one working on everything and be the co-owner. My dad will be buyiing the place if anything and the business will pay him back if it does good. Hey at least i have something to do rather than sit home and do homework and watch people racing on liverc when i can be at the track doing my homework and practice right after im done
If you plan on running the race program and maintaining the track, I predict you will do very little racing.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:45 PM
Tech Regular

Whats the pay rate going to be,maybe ill fill out an appplication..
Old 08-28-2012, 03:36 PM
Tech Addict

If you plan on running the race program and maintaining the track, I predict you will do very little racing.
We will have other people working as well. I will not be working on race days. And i will practice after store hours.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Holy smokes dude......are ya'll buying out the XL Center!?
Sounds like he has some deeeeeeep pockets. Ah to be a kid with a dream. 12 years old and already going to have the biggest and best track in the country.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.