Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
TC3 nitro to electric conversion >

TC3 nitro to electric conversion

TC3 nitro to electric conversion

Old 08-24-2012, 04:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default TC3 nitro to electric conversion

Hey everyone. I've been crawling for about 4 years but I want to venture into the realm of on road cars. I found a good deal on a nitro tc3, I know it CAN be converted to electric but I was curious if it was worth it. Does a convertyed nitro work as well as an out of the box electric I guess is what I'm trying to find out. Thanks in advance!
Old 08-24-2012, 04:07 AM
Tech Regular

If you like the challenge of building-yes! Don
Old 08-24-2012, 06:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DLS II
If you like the challenge of building-yes! Don
No, not afraid of the challenge. There's not one single thing left stock on my 3 crawlers, but I do beleive in working smarter not harder. Since tc3's are available and pretty cheap would the conversion end up not being worth it after parts and labor?
Old 08-24-2012, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

its not that big a challenge, though finding bits that work can be. the simplest way is to just pick up a tc3 motor mount and a ntc3 single speed input shaft. your on your own for holding the battery in though. i did this conversion but didnt want to spend money. if your a little mechanically inclined you could make a motor mount/battery holdin quite easily out of cheaply available plastics.

I put a middle dif in mine for rally use. wouldn't expect an ntc3 to handle particularly well as an electric onroad racer. if you just wanna mess with it on the street, it handles ok, but wont keep up to even a $100 racing kit.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:24 AM
Tech Regular

Ditto on the TC3 motor mount. You also get the benefit of thr NTC3 diffs with built in slippers and the upgraded suspension. Don
Old 08-24-2012, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Sadly the pivot balls are very sofy and bend easily. Otherwise the suspensiOn is quite beefy if converted to electric. Its why im using it for the rally. I wonder if tc4 main shaft would work?