Originally Posted by NolanP
Can someone tell me how to look up my ROAR member #
You can email [email protected].
Old 09-12-2012, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani
You can email [email protected].
There's no easy way to check via my race registration from Nationals right?
Old 09-12-2012, 02:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NolanP
There's no easy way to check via my race registration from Nationals right?
If you have a login to the ROAR Web Forums, once logged in, you can get your number by clicking on your name in the upper right corner. I am not sure of the nats info.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:46 PM
Team Tekin

Nominations for ROAR president end Oct 15, Monday.

Hopefully this thread and others will be a little more active discussing the candidates and ideas of how to move forward.

ROAR is something we need to have any stability in racing. Everyone uses their rules, yet they do little to support the organization.

Why would anyone not want to belong to this organization? Why are people so quick to bash them? This is what we need to figure out. Perhaps we need to indentify what they specifically have done to become the black sheep. In a factual debate we may find that much of it is heresay and perception. If there are some specific actions that have annoyed the potential members lets address them so the new leadership has some direction.

Personally I do not think there are many problems with the rules. We just need a leader that can help people see the value this organization provides and want to belong. ROAR needs to be one of the boys…. Instead of ‘them’.

Jim Campbell
President
Tekin, Inc.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If I were to suggest one thing to Roar it would be to poll ALL members ( using multiple choice , to keep it simple ) as to what is to the structure of classes and also what other things that need improvement and what is working well.

At time of Roar Renewal give a $5 reduction in renewal cost if you fill out a questionnaire. Maybe make it mostly multiple choice for ease of tabulation, make the results public or not but IMHO its the only way to understand whats working or not for the majority of racers.

I think its a bit of human nature to "bash the man" a bit. Its hard , strike that, its impossible, to please everyone but I think for everyone, including the president, it would be psychologically beneficial to know "WHY" people might be bitching and what people think is great. Unfortunately, just recognizing that "you can't please everyone" , gives the powers at be a bit too much of a green light to do what they think and forego asking the masses what they want.

Jake
Old 10-16-2012, 12:38 PM
Team Tekin

Sooo who are the candidates for ROAR president?
Old 10-16-2012, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Per the ROAR web site at Link

August : Nomination form posted on website
October 15 : Nominations must be in to ROAR Office
November 1: Election Ballot posted on website
November 30: Election ballots due in ROAR Office
December 3: Election results announced
January 1: Elected officials take office

Guessing we will not know until November 1.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Hot off the Press....

No I'm not part of ROAR executive group. I'm must a ROAR member...

It is is subject to change from ROAR. It did come from ROAR, but corrections are not out of the question.

Steve You have my VOTE!!!!! Just wish I was able to Vote for Ed Hill....
Attached Files
Old 10-17-2012, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Barry,
Thanks for the support. As some of you may or may not know I am running for the office of ROAR President. So a little background on me to start.

I started racing rc cars back in the late 80's early 90's where I normally raced onroad 1/10 pan car and 1/12. I also did some oval racing at that time and have ben to the Cleavland Indoor Championships as well. I also raced offroad and still currently race offroad. I took a brake form racing from 1993-2007 and then got the bug again. When I started racing again I joined ROAR and got involved in my region (2). In 2010 to the present I have ben running the ROAR region 2 Mid Atlantic Offroad Series with the help of my assistants which is a 5 races series at 5 different tracks in our region. In that time we have grown both the number of race entries and ROAR Memebers in this region. In 2011 I was elected ROAR Regional Director and in the fall of 2011 I became the ROAR Promotions Director. Some of the small things some of you may or may not have seen yet that I was able to get for the members are Discounts on Hertz rental cars, Plastic membership cards instead of the paper ones, and All regional directors now have the same ROAR Shirt as well as our RMT. Roar membership is on the rise and we will need everyones help to keep it like that. There are some very good ideas on this thread as well as some from people that I have talked to. Thanks again for taking the time to read a little bit about me.

Thanks,
Steve Mruk
Old 10-17-2012, 08:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bvoltz
Hot off the Press....

No I'm not part of ROAR executive group. I'm must a ROAR member...

It is is subject to change from ROAR. It did come from ROAR, but corrections are not out of the question.

Steve You have my VOTE!!!!! Just wish I was able to Vote for Ed Hill....
Having looked at this, it appears there is only one candidate for president...? Is that right?
Old 10-17-2012, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by S.Stew
Having looked at this, it appears there is only one candidate for president...? Is that right?
Unless you write in your name....
Old 10-27-2012, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

To the top...

I hope you voted...
Old 10-30-2012, 09:29 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default Important announcement

ROAR has put the ballot on line for printing out for the election. New this year they have also opened up the link for voting on line for all current ROAR members. You will need to go to the home page and along the right side it says "member login". Click there and either login if you already have signed up or create an account. It takes 5 minutes and gives you a voice in this years election.

EA
Old 10-30-2012, 02:08 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Too bad we didn't get a chance to hear from the candidates in some fashion. Who they are, what they can offer, etc....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.