Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR Election

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

The us is geographically too large to run a national series. We are not the UK or other European country where every track us within a reasonable driving distance.

I know nobody wants to crown champions based on one race but instead you will crown crowning champions based on who can attend the most races (which is worse in my opinion).

Instead emphasis should be placed on regional series where racers can actually participate easily. Regional series like the JBRL and NE Grand slam would attract many more racers and new ROAR members than a national series.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
The us is geographically too large to run a national series. We are not the UK or other European country where every track us within a reasonable driving distance.

I know nobody wants to crown champions based on one race but instead you will crown crowning champions based on who can attend the most races (which is worse in my opinion).

Instead emphasis should be placed on regional series where racers can actually participate easily.
Rick what if it was a 6 race series and you had 3 drops. I figured there would be enough between the coasts to make viable where you wouldnt need to come out here all the time. Even though I know you would make the trip back to Chicago just for Giordano's.

I agree with you as traveling to Cali 3 times a year to race toy cars is too much but once local, one semi-local (cleveland), and then one travel isn't huge for me.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:40 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Aren't we getting a little off track here? I'd like to know who plans to run for ROAR prez?
Old 09-12-2012, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Aren't we getting a little off track here? I'd like to know who plans to run for ROAR prez?
+1, if this is just going to continue as a "roar" chat , i guess it doesnt need to be marked as "important"
Old 09-12-2012, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jmackani
Greg Sharpe has been instrumental in providing us assistance from the onroad side and we probably need two more of him with some additional track representation from our region. It's volunteerism from myself and the regional director, Steve Mruk, and of course the track owners and racers that have made this series quite a success over the past two years. It's no secret on this thread that our regional director is going to take a run for the president position. I will be running for the Region 2 Director position and providing support as both of us have over the last two years. It cannot be done by just two people. We all know about some of the problems, but do you want to be a part of the solution. That is why I have been part of ROAR and the assistant director for Region 2, because I know it will not evolve into a future vision without team leaders.
This should answer the question of who is running. I'd like to continue to hear what they have to say and they are starting to comment based on our comments.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:59 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
+1, if this is just going to continue as a "roar" chat , i guess it doesnt need to be marked as "important"
Right now we're in the nomination period, which runs until October 15. The election actually begins on November 1st.

However there is one questions that can be asked (press conference voice)

"Mr. Pond, do you intend to run for re-election?"
Old 09-12-2012, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart

Instead emphasis should be placed on regional series where racers can actually participate easily. Regional series like the JBRL and NE Grand slam would attract many more racers and new ROAR members than a national series.
If ROAR regionals winners , in a small number of highly popular classes ( say stock 1/12 and stock TC ) were used to qualify an individual for Nationals ( for those two classes ) AND part of the regional entry fees were set aside solely for travel expenses for those regional winners in a limited number of classes , I think regional participation in a core set of classes would improve overall , ROAR membership would increase and attendance at ROAR Nationals would rise.

Jake D.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NolanP
This should answer the question of who is running. I'd like to continue to hear what they have to say and they are starting to comment based on our comments.
Correct and it's over a month away until the nomination period ends. We both (as Region 2 reps) feel this could be a very long month and is not the time right now to make too many comments only where necessary to ensure accurate information is being provided by third parties.

Last edited by jmackani; 09-12-2012 at 10:46 AM.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Maybe not but Hara has raced in the IIC before. All I am saying is we are talking about expansion. Why limit it? The odds that he would run all the races would be low anyway. I'm sure that if I won every ETS race and paid all my fees they probably wouldn't look at me and say that well. Your not from the correct country. Maybe they would what do I know.
Nolan you cannot be a ROAR member unless you have lived in the US/Canada for 6 months. International drivers may not have satisfied this requirement.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:21 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bvoltz
Talking with Doug to see if his software can do this or help in providing an Excel file to help with a manual process.

I think we are very close to having RC Score Pro able to do it... The key is the Class ID, Race (event) ID, Driver ID (this is the ugly one, but again, my name can be in the system twice with a Code for the national points. Example: Barry Voltz for club racing on the LH system, then for the 2012 Nationals, I'm entered as Barry Voltz - NP or something like these....

Thus they are setup on a Master system, exported to the next race system, after the race that race system exports and sends back to the master system, points are updated and published and then repeated for the next race...

Anyway more to come....

For the details, push them out to some of the membership... A number of us are willing to be the worker bees.... under a ROAR person.... Example: Like here in Chicago, we could work via Rob King's direction to get the tasks done....

Remember your network... Leverage the network.....
I have been talking about this sort of thing for years...

It seems like most people think it's too much trouble, why I don't know. If there was a specific format for the results coming from the scoring program, it should be able to be sent to a database and be sorted. Then a database call should be able to be made to show the results. This is the gist of it from the programmers I have asked.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by robk
I have been talking about this sort of thing for years...

It seems like most people think it's too much trouble, why I don't know. If there was a specific format for the results coming from the scoring program, it should be able to be sent to a database and be sorted. Then a database call should be able to be made to show the results. This is the gist of it from the programmers I have asked.
Yeah but you don't want to run from my understanding. If you do I will nominate.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

This thread probably should not have been labeled important until after October 15th.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:50 AM
Tech Champion

Yeah but you don't want to run from my understanding. If you do I will nominate.
This has nothing to do with who is president. It is something that anyone could implement.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:39 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I think a lot of it still is going the right direction as there are a few people here watching this thread that are thinking of or going to throw their hat in the ring and all this info in one spot from the people that matter most in ROAR (The actual racers and not bashers) are giving some good and proper feedback. Its not turned into a slug fest and insult throwing conversation yet. Id say leave it as is for now and if it gets ugly then move or delete it.

EA
Old 09-12-2012, 11:40 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani
This thread probably should not have been labeled important until after October 15th.
After Oct 15th it would have been to late to nominate people. Thats typically the problem with the ROAR elections. 1 no one knows they are going on and 2 no one ever gets nominated to run therefor the incumbent wins usually.

EA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.