Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
V-ONE S Thread >

V-ONE S Thread

V-ONE S Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 08:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

hey dangles, how much is the temp gauge ?

I ran 10% because this is my first r/c car ever and I was scared/paranoid about running it too high (high nitro % fuel) and so i used 10% to be cautious and now I am running 15%. Yeah I guess i've read alot of people's opinions in regards to running the fuel that you will be using but as I said, I was scared and so to be cautious I ran a lower nitro percentage fuel.

But damn when the fuel tank is low and right before it runs out, the true potential of the gs15r is revealed. Can't wait to tune it optimally. Right now, I am trying to play safe and running it rich. I followed Luis's instructions, clamping the fuel line and if it takes more than 3 seconds to stall then it's rich, which is what's been happening to my car.

I think it's also time to consider investing into a fail safe, I think my frequency was interupted when I was walking under this bridge and my car went psychotic

Anyways, 2spd, here we come ( for now hehehe).

Last edited by elim; 05-01-2004 at 08:54 AM.
Old 05-01-2004, 09:22 AM
Tech Adept

Sorry to burst your bubble but it is too lean when you said it became powerful, the fuel supply had finished so the engine is running very lean and therefore it is powerful. it is not normal and is harmful. Am i right guys?
Old 05-01-2004, 05:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah I knew it was leaning out. I said it was powerful because at my current settings, it's too rich, which wouldn't show how good the engine is and by comparing this to when the fuel is running out which means it's leaning out, it accelerates faster.

However I think with my settings, when the fuel ran out, it leaned out to the point before 'too lean'. There was smoke coming out still. Now I'm just thinking what if my car is tuned optimally, if it leans out due to fuel running out then it'll be in the 'too lean' zone.
Old 05-01-2004, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

having the car run at rich or lean from normal running use. then having it lean out too much at the end either normal running setting would cause this problem as when your down to your last drop of fuel the car has to run lean unless you wanna stop the car every 4 minutes you drive so that it doesnt get to the "last drop of fuel" stage. so dont be worried if you lean the engine out either way when your down to your last drop of fuel having your car set at rich or lean would have the same effect. Now i think your the street basher if so stick to running rich as your always at high revs going ballistic up and down the street. so having it rich will put you in the safe zone while torturing your car with constant high speeds. hope that helps
Old 05-01-2004, 09:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

thanks brainteased.

Hey brainteased I wanted to ask you, when you launch your r/c car, how is it ? does it bog ? start slow ? wheelspin ?

I was on my last drop of fuel again and man when I gave it, it actually wheelspin a lil.

In regards to last drop of fuel and leaning out, I didn't have this situation while running 10%. Now on 15%, it's occuring.
hehe
Old 05-02-2004, 03:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by elim
thanks brainteased.

Hey brainteased I wanted to ask you, when you launch your r/c car, how is it ? does it bog ? start slow ? wheelspin ?

I was on my last drop of fuel again and man when I gave it, it actually wheelspin a lil.

In regards to last drop of fuel and leaning out, I didn't have this situation while running 10%. Now on 15%, it's occuring.
hehe
could be anything due to the wheel spin could be a stick under the tyre or a little rock or the surface at that point was very slippery with alot of dirt/dust etc... mine launches slow but it does not bog, it launches slow as its a GS-15R but the speed picks up pretty quick so yea.. i just brought myself the tuned pipe! and it makes abit of difference with top end speed. about 20% boost. well worth it.
Old 05-02-2004, 03:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Cool.

Would you be able to guide me into what pipe and where did you buy it ?

Thanks dude.
Old 05-02-2004, 04:00 AM
Tech Master

Cool.

Would you be able to guide me into what pipe and where did you buy it ?

Thanks dude.
I got the black Carlsen pipe. you can get it at any local hobby shop. Im pretty sure any tune pipe will do.
Old 05-02-2004, 05:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks, what about a fail safe ? Any ones you recommend in particular ? Brands/Models ?

In regards to cleaning, is it fine to just spray Metho all over ? Across the engine ?

Sorry about the multiple questions, it's just that I'll be making an order soon from rcmart and would like to get everything I can at once ( if rcmart do supply them ).
Already in my list are
  • 2 spd
  • set of foams
  • set of rubbers
  • a pair of crystals

Last edited by elim; 05-02-2004 at 11:49 PM.
Old 05-03-2004, 11:28 PM
Tech Adept

Hello... is it possible to use a 195mm electric body on a nitro? i want to get a rx7 fc3s savanna body and i can only find the abc electric one
Old 05-07-2004, 11:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hello... is it possible to use a 195mm electric body on a nitro? i want to get a rx7 fc3s savanna body and i can only find the abc electric one
you can use 195 mm bodies just the wheels may stick out slightly from the guards some ppl use 195mm bodies as they run their wheel track at around this and the body seems to sit better

Thanks, what about a fail safe ? Any ones you recommend in particular ? Brands/Models ?
a failsafe is a good investment over frequency clashes/ low batteries either the venom or the GWS are good. the venom is a smaller unit. as for cleaning i use metho and compressed air spray the metho but try and stay clear from electrics ie failsafes receivers servos as the metho can destroy them
as for your question about the temp guage its an infrared one around $55 you should tune the motor to around 110 degrees C
Old 05-07-2004, 11:57 PM
Tech Addict

ELIM your car could be bogging down due to to lean as well leaner isnt always better dont forget you have more than one adjustment for fuel where the linkage goes onto your carby there is the low end needle which can increase your take off without affecting the top end setting
Old 05-08-2004, 04:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

oh ok. I have reset the needles to default positions, 2 turns out and start leaning the low end until I could get it running.

You said bogging due to lean, in this situation, would there be smoke and oil/fuel spitting out ?
Old 05-08-2004, 05:43 AM
Tech Master

oh ok. I have reset the needles to default positions, 2 turns out and start leaning the low end until I could get it running.

You said bogging due to lean, in this situation, would there be smoke and oil/fuel spitting out ?
Hey any brand fail safe will do... if you see lots of oil spitting out the car is running to rich! if it bogs down during acceleration its more that the car is running to rich down low. if it was runing lean down low your idle rpm would be high! just lean the bottom end till you get good take off speed but everytime you test your take off speed let it idle in one spot (apply the brakes) for approx. 5 secs! then give it full throttle if it hesitates its rich if it launches then its good!
Old 05-08-2004, 04:39 PM
Tech Addict

with a high content oilyou will still be pumping out smoke/oil when the car is lean as it is trying to burn almost twice the amount of oil as race fuel. ive had my idle running fine but bogging down on my novarossi and found after a heap of frustration of changing plugs trying to lean it out etc that it was too lean- also i have had a motor running so lean/hot that it wasnt smoke out the exhaust but it was steam

Hey any brand fail safe will do...
just make sure it is adjustable and set it so when your radio is off it applys the brakes not lock them up just hard enough to pull it up quick in a straight line

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.