V-ONE S Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

V-ONE S Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 06:40 AM
Tech Adept

i have more skills than my friend but cant let him and others have an edge in the car department
Old 04-20-2004, 01:11 AM
Tech Addict

With the car winning, thats a load of crap...
I've seen a guy take a crap, barely adjustable car, and be able to keep up with a NTC3, and V-One S...
Its not the car that wins... its how you drive it...

Why do you think the guys that are winning the major races like F1, V8s, Le Mans, all have the BEST DRIVER, and the most money?

Because, with out the driver you can't win, and in their case, you need some money to get all the good test equipment...

But for us, we need a car, protractor, ruler, and thats about it... oh, and a good driver...
Old 04-20-2004, 01:17 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by elim
lol it's the worst when you have friends who wants to compete with you.

I'd rather drive against friends anyday... that way we can laugh about stupid stuff afterwards...
Plus, I would rather trust that my friend who is a)Following b) Leading, isnt going to fu(k up, usually because i know they can drive...

When i used to run my elec, My mate and i would drag... he always won on the short straight to first corner, nail it outta the corner, he'd out do me (he had WAY more grip) hit about half way down the straight, I'd veer from his left side at the back over to the right, pass him down the right, and sway back over to the left (Missing each other by millimetres) and be ready for the second corner, which was the return to main straight... He'd pass me in the corner, and I'd do exactly the same again up the straight...

We only drove on the front road... so it was one big circle... But we wouldnt cross the centre line (Like driving wrong way on race track) so we didn't have much room to sway around with...
Old 04-20-2004, 02:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

heh

Should of made it clearer, it's the worse when you compete with your friends in regards to buying stuff.

But it's the best to play, race with your mates, like you said, a few laughs here and there
Old 04-20-2004, 02:16 AM
Tech Addict

Ahh I see... the buying race...
Shit i don't care what others have...
As long as I have something I like and has the options to do things i want too
Old 04-20-2004, 03:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by Sp Racer
Hmmm........lets see....

If in doubt - richen it up...

the top end needle really needs to be set on the track, I generally don't touch it that much, probably the best thing to do if you are in doubt is to start off by richening the top end to the point that the motor almost splutters, then gradually adjust the top end to get the right mixture..

I'll try to write something tomorrow..

LS
Luis, shaun hear from SERCCC, you have driven my car once or maybe twice my car is alot better since you drove it although at the time you thought it was great, i have made some changes to it since then with the help of a fellow racer at dandy, and my car is the best it has ever been,
But I keep coming 2nd,3rd,4th. I am just tring to find an edge I am thinking of getting the FW050s do you think it is worth while doing that? I would appreciate your opinion thanks mate.

shaun SERCCC.
Old 04-20-2004, 04:02 AM
Tech Addict

Shaun, in my opinion, stay with the car you have now...
When you start running consistently at the top...
3rd place at the lowest continually, then think of upgrading...
The car won't improve the driver, the driver improves the car...

But when your racing, CALM DOWN, don't dive into turns, keep everything neat and tidy, be smooth and gentle...
Just keep thinking that and it helps hold consistency
Old 04-20-2004, 04:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hi Shaun..

I am just tring to find an edge

Oh , that's very easy, I don't think you really need to switch to an FW05 yet...you want to know what the answer is?

I'll tell you.

Practise, Practise, Practise...

with the help of a fellow racer at dandy
Would that be Damian?...

If so PM me!

Luis
Old 04-20-2004, 05:17 AM
Tech Adept

i decided to take things easy... and start slow and steady... so i choose the vones2...i am now saving to buy and transmitter... is 2pl or ex5 a good choice? do you guys run AM transmitters?
Old 04-20-2004, 05:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Just in case anyone wanted to know.

I had an email from 3racing confirming my suspisions about the aloy brake and 19T pulley needing the spacer for fitting on the V-One S/SII
Old 04-20-2004, 06:39 AM
Tech Adept

have you fitted it? let us know how well it works
Old 04-20-2004, 09:30 PM
Tech Addict

Brakes? What are they?

Mine don't work too crash hot...
Well they didnt when I pulled the car apart for a service and maintanence... Now they don't come on until i push the servo past where the radio can...
stupid thing...
I can get slight brakes... But when racing i find them useless unless getting right into the hairpins...
They unsettle the car HEAPS on alot of tracks...
But then, i found it quicker for me to get a bit of a tail slide happening... So i used them a bit on the track really...
But i've been told to drive without them...
Makes for a smoother drive...
Old 04-20-2004, 11:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ben1112,
Not yet, I have my poor car all in bits, waiting for the spacer to arrive from RCMart.

Along with some other goodies ...lol
Old 04-21-2004, 04:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys, can I ask you whether these two '2speed transmission' are the same or different for V One S?
They have same definition but the picture says otherwise.

2 speed at rcmart

2 speed at towerhobbies
Old 04-21-2004, 05:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by elim
Hey guys, can I ask you whether these two '2speed transmission' are the same or different for V One S?
They have same definition but the picture says otherwise.

2 speed at rcmart

2 speed at towerhobbies
yes they are the same just the rcmart one is in pieces where as the towers one is built. but they come in built rc mart did that just to show you what pieces there are.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.