Wiki Posts
Search

V-ONE S Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 05:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default exhaust mod

a cheap exhaust mod for the standard pipe disassemble the pipe and remove the cone drill 3mm holes approx 120 degrees apart towards the larger end of the cone. If you can get them on the angle the exhaust gas flows this will help all round
Old 04-02-2004, 06:51 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: exhaust mod

Originally posted by dangles
a cheap exhaust mod for the standard pipe disassemble the pipe and remove the cone drill 3mm holes approx 120 degrees apart towards the larger end of the cone. If you can get them on the angle the exhaust gas flows this will help all round
will not be very cheap if you do it the wrong way though
you're aiming for top end w/ this, right? did it once,... not very satisfied w/ the result, making single-chamber instead
Old 04-02-2004, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you want more performance

get the kyosho tune pipe and option header

The black tune pipe is great I use the IFMAR legal piple and the chrome header. This just has so much torque. Looking to sell because I want to buy an FW-05R
Old 04-02-2004, 07:12 PM
Tech Addict

this mod improves mid to top i know of people that have drilled 4 holes at the smaller end and it still improved. At the end of the day if u cant afford a new performance pipe then y not experiment with the original. some people like it some dont- every mod is all to do with driving style-i feel an aggressive driver will prefer this mod
Old 04-02-2004, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

The lenght of the header does make a difference but you have to be carfull changing the lenght too much will get out of the engines sweet spot and the engine will not gain any more power.

If you are after torque try the option chromed header.

POD
Old 04-02-2004, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

MOD the standard pipe is a good ideal

I drill mine out about a year ago. Gave a little better performance.

Drill out the center hole so that it is to the edge of the cone. Then start with small holes in the baffel. Also put a new pressure line before the baffel this will make a big difference.

POD
Old 04-03-2004, 06:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i wont be able to mod it as i really dont know what im doing i know what you mean though to drill through the baffle to make it a high flow muffler like punching out a Cat convertor on a real car. but yea ill just leave it as that as my suppler for the VoneS has tuned it really well and now it flies for a GS-15R and i dont want it going to to fast as i orginally stepped down from a VoneRR to this car so i could learn how to drive ! all i goto do now is make the 2 speed click in!!! haha! can anyone tell me how many threads are out from that little grub screw ? from their VoneS 2 speed. thanks
Old 04-03-2004, 07:18 PM
Tech Addict

the adj on the 2 speed will depend on engine tuning/revs just screw the adj screw all the way in then run it back it off 1/4 turn and repeat till u get the desired shift
Old 04-03-2004, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

thanks for that ill be at the track in about 2 hours after races are done and tune my 2 speed and if that fails i will have to take it out and mod it!!!
Old 04-03-2004, 07:41 PM
Tech Addict

once its set u should be able to leave it mine changes about half rev range but that suits my local track ie not changing midway through a corner so as not to unsettle the car
Old 04-04-2004, 03:48 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up Notice the difference

Originally posted by BrainTeased
ahhh ok so theres not much of a noticable difference with these engines? i guess it is only noticable with the race engines?
With the GS15, I noticed the difference almost everytime I did anything to it. I just don't think the change from having a gasket to not having one would be anything to write home about.

With your 2 speed, just when you think you're close, go to 1/8 turns versus 1/4 turns. You'll appreciate the finer point when you run at a track with a variety of turns and you get the chance to run them at just the right way [for ya].
Old 04-04-2004, 03:55 AM
Tech Initiate

is the screew in the middle of the 2 metal gear the one to turn to adjust teh shift point ?? sorry i am the biggest noob my neighbour gave me his car cause he doesnt play with it its a v one s but i dunno which series it is
Old 04-04-2004, 04:08 AM
Tech Addict

Smile

It's on the biggest rear gear and you'll have to rotate the gear [with your thumb] unitl you see the open and then keep rolling it [roll back and then forward slowly or you'll be rolling forever]backward until you the hex screw opening.

Essentially, find the opening then roll the shaft until the hex can be accessed from the opening on the spur gear.
Old 04-06-2004, 02:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Default pipes + stuff

cool thansk for that, what sort of pipe do you recommend as an upgrade for my v one s, i want one that would make the car real loud does anyone know any website where i can get a body for my car??
Old 04-06-2004, 03:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by PhiLLaY
is the screew in the middle of the 2 metal gear the one to turn to adjust teh shift point ?? sorry i am the biggest noob my neighbour gave me his car cause he doesnt play with it its a v one s but i dunno which series it is
he gave it to ya for free? and tell us what color is the head of the motor? and we'll tell ya what series it is unless he has changed the head. but theoretically the gold head is series one and silver head is series 2 but if you got a blue head then he has changed it to a aftermarket head. Also another way to tell for a newbie is the tank if its got a primer, the button you press so that it flows the fuel to the carb. You can get body shells on ebay or through your local hobby shop.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.