Community
Wiki Posts
Search

V-ONE S Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2003, 10:32 PM
Tech Master

also can i see a pic of the venom pipe?
and does it have two outlets? and is it better than a cvec?
Old 03-15-2003, 10:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by sausage_link
also can i see a pic of the venom pipe?
and does it have two outlets? and is it better than a cvec?
Not much to show ya saus, mines got both stingers missing, the cvec is dual chambered and has an adjustable baffle pressure, the venom is a single chamber with no baffles at all hence the noise. As to wether or not its better, thats up to the individual but i swear by my results with the venom, particularly with the gs15r.

gt

Newcastle beat the fairy warriors!
Old 03-15-2003, 11:06 PM
Tech Adept

don't throw it in the bin! give it to me!

this is nitro dave's v-ones. notice how it has two boost bottles top of the rear diffs..... bloody awesome, performance improvement or not, those things make your rc car look uber COOL!
Attached Thumbnails V-ONE S Thread-imga0248.jpg  
Old 03-15-2003, 11:08 PM
Tech Initiate

What steps should i undertake when storing my v-one-s for a week, and for a month?

At the moment i run it dry and then what should i do?????????? i have heard of putting wd40 into the engine but dont like the sound of that.

thanks.
Old 03-15-2003, 11:16 PM
Tech Adept

I jsut went and burnt half a litre of fuel in the carpark and the thing flies now its tuned, never realised it would go so hard stock. Wonder how good itll be with the pipe.

IUts already so dirty, covered in rubber oil n crap and the belts already look bad
Old 03-15-2003, 11:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by phildee
I jsut went and burnt half a litre of fuel in the carpark and the thing flies now its tuned, never realised it would go so hard stock. Wonder how good itll be with the pipe.

IUts already so dirty, covered in rubber oil n crap and the belts already look bad

hahahaha thats nitro for ya.
Enjoy it dude.
Old 03-16-2003, 12:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by deane
What steps should i undertake when storing my v-one-s for a week, and for a month?

At the moment i run it dry and then what should i do?????????? i have heard of putting wd40 into the engine but dont like the sound of that.

thanks.
Hi Deane, buy some after run oil (about $8.00) and it will last you for at least 100 years, 3-4 drops down the carb after use, turn it over a couple of times and it will neutralise any remaining nitro in the engine.

gt

Old 03-16-2003, 12:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by phildee

Acceleration is what youll notice more than top end speed, make sure youve got a healthy ribbon of smoke from 1/2 to full rpm now its run-in though.

Do you have a compressor at home? The easiest method for cleaning after use is to give the whole thing a good spray with metho let it sit for a few minutes, spray again and then blow it all off with compressed air.

If the belts already looked cracked youve probably picked up some small rocks and stuff inspect visually as the pulleys are a soft plastic the rocks will embed themselves in there and destroy the belts in no time at all.

gt

Last edited by squizzytaylor; 03-16-2003 at 12:19 AM.
Old 03-16-2003, 12:29 AM
Tech Adept

When the car reaches top speed, its so fast you could barely kinda see the smokes hehehe.

also, you could just get transmission fluid, its like about 1.5ltr for only around $6??!! That last for yooooooooooonks!
Old 03-16-2003, 01:27 AM
xax
Tech Apprentice

Default gundam

Hi

Can rear xhuast engine b use on v one s? Or any recommendation
?Thinking of O S CV-R?Comments.
Old 03-16-2003, 01:39 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: gundam

Originally posted by xax
Hi

Can rear xhuast engine b use on v one s? Or any recommendation
?Thinking of O S CV-R?Comments.
Firstly the OSCVR engines are side exhaust and will go just about straight in,you will however need an FD49 (kyosho part#) flywheel and new engine mounts. Rear exhasut engines can certainly go in however you will have to sacrifice the pullstart facility found as standard. The oS12cvr and Novarossi CX12P are popular transplants and still have a pullstart version available.
Personally I would go the Nova over the oS, Personal only!
Picure shows the nova installed

gt

Attached Thumbnails V-ONE S Thread-v-one-scarbon.jpg  
Old 03-16-2003, 01:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

that looks sweet sqizz
Old 03-16-2003, 01:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Sp Racer
that looks sweet sqizz
Thanks Lue, one of the guys was asking earlier about the blue head, could you share your personal observations on it?

gt

Old 03-16-2003, 01:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Yeah,no probs!

I reckon that the blue head is probably ultimately slightly better than the stock head, however I see a lot of guys with blue heads on their cars ...still running standard pipes!

It's way more important to have a good pipe rather than a blue head, the out going fuel also acts as a coolant, a tuned pipe will get rid of it more efficiently, also the "tuned" aspect of the pipe allows the engine to breathe a whole lot better, this alone is worth more than the benefits gained by the blue head.

I would rate the pipe as #1 on my list of go faster bits...the head isn't really necessary, it only really makes a difference when you are trying to get 110% out of the GS15R!

that's what I reckon anyway!

Lue
Old 03-16-2003, 02:11 AM
Tech Adept

I bought the Kyosho Silencer set. Its coming soon. All the upgrades are in my signature

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.