Like Tree7Likes

Hot Bodies TCXX

Old 10-21-2013, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
As long as you run the same numbered block (e.g., 1.5 FF & 1.5 FR) then there won't be any arm sweep (toe-out) by way of the suspension mounts.

Be sure you are fully tightening down the cap all the way and not just stop when you feel resistence while tightening it down. There shouldn't be any gap between the cap and the shock body. As for needing to rebuild the shocks after your 1st race, drivers have different techniques and use different tools for rebuilding their shocks and thus it could be due to the specific process you use. I can tell you that it's not uncommon to have to refresh shocks between race days due to the different variables that affect a shock's condition.
Fred:

The caps are screwed all the way down. My brother and I have both had the same issues with our cars and I have the same thing happen with other brand cars as well. Usually the best solution has been to install new shock bladders, but wasn't impressed to have to do this only after one race meet.

Seems to me HPI/HotBodies don't seem to give a hoot about the R10 as you don't hear of team drivers racing them and no option part released since car was released late last year after the IC Worlds in Thailand. Maybe Kingstar/KM are too busy to make any bits...
Old 10-22-2013, 05:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Fred:

The caps are screwed all the way down. My brother and I have both had the same issues with our cars and I have the same thing happen with other brand cars as well.
well if you have the same issue with "other brand cars", then its the way you build them that's the problem. My assumption is that you are not getting all the air bubbles out and not bleeding them nicely when you put the bladder on.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

What other rear belts work? They are out of stock
Old 10-28-2013, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by portyansky
What other rear belts work? They are out of stock
TCXX and TC6 rear belts are the same size. (64t)

Spec-R also makes a TCXX/TC6 rear belt.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
TCXX and TC6 rear belts are the same size. (64t)

Spec-R also makes a TCXX/TC6 rear belt.
Ty, my bud has gone mad. Lol
Old 11-03-2013, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default bell crank

Can someone please help... tried doing a search but didn't find the question

What is the bearing size for the one that fits into the bell crank (fits in the post)... lost one when cleaning the car.

Thanks
Old 11-04-2013, 08:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I have my TCXX for sale. Just couldn't get out enough to use it.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ind-drive.html
Old 11-08-2013, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by olhipster1
Can someone please help... tried doing a search but didn't find the question

What is the bearing size for the one that fits into the bell crank (fits in the post)... lost one when cleaning the car.

Thanks
Orlando, If I'm not mistaken, it's 4x8x3mm and I will have some with me on Saturday.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I did a search but couldn't find an answer. How low should you try and mount the body on the chassis? Is the lower the better? Do people ever adjust body height as a way to impact the handling of the car?
Old 11-10-2013, 12:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default part#68735 sterring rack not listed in manual part list where can i find it

im looking for part number 68735 steering rack it list on the manual page 12 in book but when you look at the part list it not in the listing im having a problem keepoing my 3/8 screw in the rack i ran completly in the wall trying to set up the car on carpet but my screws keep backing out what i need to do to keep them in
Old 11-18-2013, 11:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Will tcx steering rack fit on tcxx

Will tcx steering rack fit on tcxx seem like to me my screws back out I want a extra one
Old 11-19-2013, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc3 racer sc
im looking for part number 68735 steering rack it list on the manual page 12 in book but when you look at the part list it not in the listing im having a problem keepoing my 3/8 screw in the rack i ran completly in the wall trying to set up the car on carpet but my screws keep backing out what i need to do to keep them in
Will tcx steering rack fit on tcxx seem like to me my screws back out I want a extra one
Since this is a TCXX thread I'm going to assume you are looking in the TCXX manual and you won't find the part listing there, only in a TCX manual. If the screws are backing out try blue...not red...blue Loctite. You can plug in that part number into hotbodiesonline.com to see what all comes with it but you might be hard pressed to find the part for purchase anywhere except ebay.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I can remember that the TCXX steering arms are 2mm longer than the TCX ones... Mainly because the holes are 2mm back on the TCXX chassis...
Old 11-20-2013, 07:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
Since this is a TCXX thread I'm going to assume you are looking in the TCXX manual and you won't find the part listing there, only in a TCX manual. If the screws are backing out try blue...not red...blue Loctite. You can plug in that part number into hotbodiesonline.com to see what all comes with it but you might be hard pressed to find the part for purchase anywhere except ebay.
yess tcxx manual fred why not listed in tcxx manual
Old 11-20-2013, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

yess tcxx manual fred why not listed in tcxx manual
Because although the part is forward compatiable (I'm not sure if it was by design when the TCX was developed) with the TCXX it's not an option part that was specifically designed for the TCXX like the other option parts that are listed in the TCXX manual.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.