Wiki Posts
Search

which tc has least drive tran resistance

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default which tc has least drive tran resistance

As I ask in title . Looking for the.tc with least resistance . My photon has perfect bearings all thru I even checked just the belts no cvds and it feels like its gummy belts loose or not . I have no question if my car has a issue I know it don't (I have had and been around 15 photons and they all have resistance very similar to mine . My new at the time cray t2-009 was 4x more free than these cars just wasn't as easy to set up.
Unbiased opinions please . I feel its in the photon belt to pullie mesh and yes I've had the low friction also with little change.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

IMO the TC3 when built properly has the least resistance Drive Train.

on any on the Belt Cars you have to make sure that the Bearing Cams in the bulk heads are not pinched at all.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How you shim the layshaft makes a huge difference on a photon for freeing up the drivetrain.

I'd have to say the awesomatix has the most frictionless drivetrain I've seen so far.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

Its not really noticeable in 21.5 and faster classes but the new 25.5 vta.... very noticeable
Old 08-14-2012, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

I removed belts and spun the spool, spur and diff and they spin free for 5-10sec when flicked firmly but wonce belts go on its over same flick may spin 2-4 sec
Old 08-14-2012, 05:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
I removed belts and spun the spool, spur and diff and they spin free for 5-10sec when flicked firmly but wonce belts go on its over same flick may spin 2-4 sec
actually spiining for 2 seconds wheels of ground is normal for belt cars. why dont you do a push test on the ground, fully loaded and see how far it goes. Also set the belts loose becuase the photon has big pulleys. my old kawada SV-10 has 16-36 pulleys and its still one of the smoothest belt drives around.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

My tc3'11 that I use for VTA is very free. I use liquid wrench in the bearings after I clean them. My belts are pretty loose also. If I am on the track the car will coast a good 15-20 feet with just a quick blip of the throttle.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Awesomatix A700 hands down
Old 08-14-2012, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

yokomo mr4tc -sd ssg special and the hpi pro4
Old 08-14-2012, 07:05 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kid TT-01
Awesomatix A700 hands down
Absolutely ....
Old 08-14-2012, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Least resistance at low speed or high speed?
Old 08-14-2012, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I had a Yokomo SD-CGM car that was insane. Had everyones mouth drop at Snowbirds with it. Next inline I had a TC3 that had about a minute of free spin. For belt cars it was a Losi JRXS type-r or Corally Phi. Think it had to do with big pulleys in the car.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Its like this the photon has 20/40t pullies but I think the profile of the teeth kill it overall .
Running 25.5 vta is touchy it seems . This car was a monster when we was racing 21.5 I placed in the a main at several large events and won a few as well . But now that the 25.5 open gear is it I seem to be way down on HP to the ground compared to lol I get pulled on a 100' strait by 6-9' and out accelerated by 2-4' every corner it has no punch . Even allowed the great one to drive it and he, even tho able to better my lap times by .1, still couldn't touch his (his was a full second faster every lap ....) set up is not the issue . He runs a AE6.1 and 2 others run X-ray 2011s and they have same rip top speed . I've tried a wide range of gears different esc profiles different battery's no change ....
My car on stand withOUT tires or motor will not free spin at all but is smooth as glass with astroglide on it lol all bearings r fresh belts r loose as possible cvds r lubed lightly
Remove a belt and it will spin 5-10 sec after u role spool/diff same with spur but put new/old belts on and it goes dead still.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian L
I had a Yokomo SD-CGM car that was insane. Had everyones mouth drop at Snowbirds with it. Next inline I had a TC3 that had about a minute of free spin. For belt cars it was a Losi JRXS type-r or Corally Phi. Think it had to do with big pulleys in the car.
Yeah I think for classes like VTA where the torque steer from the motor is minimal. The old shaft drive cars like the TC3 will spin for a while even without ceramics. I have a couple of old Yokomo SD SSG cars that fit the description of your CGM.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Its like this the photon has 20/40t pullies but I think the profile of the teeth kill it overall .
Running 25.5 vta is touchy it seems . This car was a monster when we was racing 21.5 I placed in the a main at several large events and won a few as well . But now that the 25.5 open gear is it I seem to be way down on HP to the ground compared to lol I get pulled on a 100' strait by 6-9' and out accelerated by 2-4' every corner it has no punch . Even allowed the great one to drive it and he, even tho able to better my lap times by .1, still couldn't touch his (his was a full second faster every lap ....) set up is not the issue . He runs a AE6.1 and 2 others run X-ray 2011s and they have same rip top speed . I've tried a wide range of gears different esc profiles different battery's no change ....
My car on stand withOUT tires or motor will not free spin at all but is smooth as glass with astroglide on it lol all bearings r fresh belts r loose as possible cvds r lubed lightly
Remove a belt and it will spin 5-10 sec after u role spool/diff same with spur but put new/old belts on and it goes dead still.

For my TC6's...I take all the bearings and remove the outside shields and clean them with brake cleaner. Then I take Mr Wrench (white grease) and soak them overnight. Then I put them back in with the open in towards each other.

Another thing I do is clean my pulleys as well as soak my belts in Ragu.

I sand the inside of the hubs that the bearings sit as well and light pack them with white grease(AE).

also I keep my car rolling all the time its on the track

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.