Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by rovic
would that be rick? owner of peak...
And who taught, Rick?
Old 03-04-2005, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

curtis would that be deiter since you did overflow for trinity

brood got taught by Big Jim and I have seen his arms and they are sweet.

rick has been doing it for so long that no one remembers who taught him.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:56 PM
Suspended

Default who cares

who cares GO BIG PERM
Old 03-04-2005, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

I think the real question is, who taught mcmoney to do pit boards... Cause there HOTT ....
Old 03-04-2005, 09:19 PM
Suspended

Default hurting

bottom line no derek no back to back world titles FYI joe does nothing but cut coms and hang out with pudge. Oscar jr
Old 03-04-2005, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: hurting

I can wind my watch....

Factory guys of course are going to use the cream of the crop. They get the best batteries of the lot and obviously the best motors. There's no way a team would show up and not use their best. It's just part of racing.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sorry to interfere with this great discussion but i have a quick question for you v2 users, what is the difference between the vantage and the revolution?
thanks
Old 03-04-2005, 09:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

nevermind found it!
Old 03-04-2005, 10:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Johnnytc3
Sorry to interfere with this great discussion but i have a quick question for you v2 users, what is the difference between the vantage and the revolution?
thanks
The label!

Peak Vantage
Orion Revolution
Old 03-04-2005, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

DerekB learned me everythang
Old 03-05-2005, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

When all is said and done, there are only so many ways to make a motor. The small differences come in the details like the materials used, worker experience etc.

Team Orion uses only the finest quality materials with the most experienced employees. Many years of experience taught us what is best.

Team driver motors really are the same as the ones you can buy. Pattern winding eliminates differences. A 7x1 armature is a 7x1, there is no difference. Sure tuning may be different, but there can be no other differences. I will trade the motors out of my cars for any customer purchased motor.

Hara and Rheinhard (among others) are fast because they have the best motors, batteries, car, set-up and talent.

Most customers don't take advanrage of the resources at their disposal. You may call company A and buy a motor based on specific track conditions and what you will get is a motor with timing, brush, and spring combos that will work for you.

But you can also buy a Team Orion motor, speak directly with a full time customer service department, and get the same information. That is one of the reasons we employ a full time customer service rep, and why we sponsor a racing team - to dispense information. Use them to your advantage.
Old 03-05-2005, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by L.Fairtrace
Well Gary I dont really need any troubleshooting, I know about motors enough to know these ones are just dogs. I have been doing this long enough to have tried all the tricks to get these motors faster and they will not improve. I have tons of cuts on the first 11x2 I got and its still crazy fast. At the CRCRC race in Jan I pulled that motor out of my truck and dropped the same motor unused just opened into my truck and it was much much slower, so I played with the brushes and timing on a dyno and it didnt improve at all. Same situation with the 12x2 I got. Its not as big of a difference as the 11's but still much slower. I'm not completly dissatisified with these motors becasue I am using the right now but its on a really small track where most people are using 14's and 15 turns. Makes my buggy really easy to drive actually becasue it doesn't have the rip that it should. Do the V2's get put on a dyno before sending them out? Becasue the 2 11's at the same timing with the same brushes there is almost a 10,000rpm difference between the 2.

I guess I should of said something to Greg at the Crcrc race since he was watching the Steeler game in my pits on Saturday. But I hadnt played with them enough to know that they were duds at that point.
If you have duds you are unhappy with, send them back to us and we will look at them. Could be something as simple as a mismarked or mispackaged motor.

It might even be something you did. But if you want the problem solved, you have to take action.
Old 03-05-2005, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thanks for the Reply Rick. I'll def. have to do something about it now.
Old 03-05-2005, 08:32 AM
Suspended

Default hurting

you are only as good if you take care of your workers
derek and greg and one balance person thats the moter
dept.all the other workers are watching movies or on the net
orion has its own devil rick dont own peak his son runs the whole show . if your not on salery you dont have a chance you got what you want joe much love to derek and greg these guys are the heart and soul of orion if you only knew
Old 03-05-2005, 05:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Exe
you never know what they run... and i really don't believe they run one of 1 million motor
Just trying to inform you so you know. I work there and have seen it with my own eyes. They run the same stuff you can buy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.