Like Tree8Likes

YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 07:13 PM
rai
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kschu
LOL..

will race bd7 in this weekend race on asphalt running 10.5t boosted.
Good luck Chu.. Hope the race is good with the BD7..
Old 10-19-2012, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

I dont understand why track builders in the U.S. havent adopted the euro style tracks whith the corner dot thingies seems it would make for better track designs and better racing, less worries of breakage, but i could b wrong.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rosko
I dont understand why track builders in the U.S. havent adopted the euro style tracks whith the corner dot thingies seems it would make for better track designs and better racing, less worries of breakage, but i could b wrong.
Our club uses PVC square pipes, with small losi dots around the apexes to discourage people from getting to close. Works really well.

-Mike
Old 10-20-2012, 02:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Im not calling anyone a liar, im calling them a shit driver!!! Iv owned/driven most different brand tc and buggy and they ALL break if hit hard enough and hit in the wrong place at the wrong time-simple!! Dick

Yes i run black bladders from new, for no other reason than all team setups seem to and also every other tc iv had has the similar style bladders

I will be straight on here after the meeting i break the first anything on the car to spread the news, dont hold your breath lol
Old 10-20-2012, 08:07 AM
Tech Master

Well im still gonna try this car but everyone at my club calls yokomos "brokomos".....and theres some good drivers at my club ...2 of whom are going to japan for TCS finals..sooo theres gotta be some truth to it.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:16 PM
Tech Adept

That term was from way back in the days of YR4. Modern yoks are much more robust.
Originally Posted by theatriks
Well im still gonna try this car but everyone at my club calls yokomos "brokomos".....and theres some good drivers at my club ...2 of whom are going to japan for TCS finals..sooo theres gotta be some truth to it.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Hasn't this fragile debate been going on long enough now?

Anybody got any useful information about development of the car, set-ups etc?

Has anyone run the car in Mod with the optional long links?...
Old 10-20-2012, 06:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think its been a long time since they were fragile. The only reason brokomo still shows up is because it still rhymes.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:06 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I suspect the conversation will start back up shortly after NolanP's experience on the track today.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I suspect the conversation will start back up shortly after NolanP's experience on the track today.
I don't know what your talking about............

I have to say switching to graphite arms and graphite steering knuckle makes the c-hubs a lot better.

The really crappy part is my spares are the Bd5 spares too. So I'm not the guy to ask. I switched tires and it got the car really loose. I shoulda pulled off ONCE AGAIN...IT WAS MY DRIVING. But the car did break. In all fairness I was also able to repeat the process on my TCXX. Just overall a horrible yet fun day of racing. I finished 3 of 8 heats. Just really stupid little stuff too. I will also say that the BD-7 hands down no matter how much I can break the right front isn't going anywhere.

The car is the best car I have ever driven on asphalt and carpet.

Syndrome did you watch the mains where I was traction rolling and flipping all over the place. I got half way up the back wall at one point. It just makes me wish my spares had got here for the BD-7.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:40 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I wasn't able to watch the video, it doesn't work. I suspect you guys are using wifi on that machine which isn't usable in a building with RC radios. Not 2.4ghz wifi anyway, 5ghz is fine.

It sounds like a challenging day at the track. Gotta pick yourself up and keep on trying though.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I wasn't able to watch the video, it doesn't work. I suspect you guys are using wifi on that machine which isn't usable in a building with RC radios. Not 2.4ghz wifi anyway, 5ghz is fine.

It sounds like a challenging day at the track. Gotta pick yourself up and keep on trying though.
Oh yeah it was a blast......No really the hardest thing is the car is so new it's harder to get spares. I would gladly buy 3 pair of the B7-413 C hubs and pay shipping EMS or whatever. Just finding someone with them in stock right now is lower.

All in good spirits though I had fun through everything. I had more trouble with the 12th scale and the TCXX than anything else today. See below for the BD-7 being even more dialed in....lol

The funniest thing. I was waiting around and then went back to my pit spot. At that time I found my BD-7 being rebuilt. I was confused for a second. Josh Hohnstein wanted a closer look so he went through the entire car and was making sure it was setup.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yes I've broken a few things. Two c hubs, one rear hub and 4 steering blocks. The blocks broke because the lower kingpin stripped out. No issues since I put the graphite blocks in, the c hub and rear hub broke on hard hits. Yes the x ray would most likely not have broken, but it would've been super tweaked and not worth driving. The bottom line is I'm beyond pleased with my bd-7 and it gets better every time I drive it. I honestly believe it has made me a better driver and I wouldn't trade it for anything except the next yoko model! Ordering parts from overseas, waiting for said parts and trying to find random items in stock is all worth it. I'm sticking with yokomo and I'm glad.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Have anyone tried raising the rear gear diff to high position? I've tried and really like it on a technical track.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by B00t13g
Yes I've broken a few things. Two c hubs, one rear hub and 4 steering blocks. The blocks broke because the lower kingpin stripped out. No issues since I put the graphite blocks in, the c hub and rear hub broke on hard hits. Yes the x ray would most likely not have broken, but it would've been super tweaked and not worth driving. The bottom line is I'm beyond pleased with my bd-7 and it gets better every time I drive it. I honestly believe it has made me a better driver and I wouldn't trade it for anything except the next yoko model! Ordering parts from overseas, waiting for said parts and trying to find random items in stock is all worth it. I'm sticking with yokomo and I'm glad.
OMG finally a word of reason.

the car is great and some of us have hit thing and it brokes. sh1t happens. i love the bd7 and have broken my far share of parts. there are many people here that love them too. i a just sick and tired of reading about how the xray is stronger or the HB is better. then go and type your crap comment in this threads and let us just work on the DB7 in this thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.