Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Damon
yes, but for me the diffs down generate more overall traction in all cases
Yes that is also true
Old 03-18-2016, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Does anyone have a good source for setups for the 2016? I tried Petit but they don't have many carpet setups. Thanks.
Old 03-20-2016, 01:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Anybody have issues with the bearing on the gear diff's belt side getting loose? Have had my 2016 for several months now, run almost every other weekend, and 1 diff I have is so loose on the bearing that it will fall off if inverted. Same goes even with new bearings. It seems that the plastic is getting thinner every time the car is run because bearing is tight the way it should when gear diff is new.

No major accidents, no tweak, diff cams always the same level.

Never had this problem with the old size diffs on the previous BD7's i've had.
Old 03-20-2016, 02:34 PM
Tech Addict

Hey all can someone advise how you make the bumper stay like in the picture with the inserts lowered? Do you sand the inserts and glue them?? Someone previously mentioned a wide super you need to buy but that does not look right.
Many Thanks
Old 03-20-2016, 03:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikeygar
Anybody have issues with the bearing on the gear diff's belt side getting loose? Have had my 2016 for several months now, run almost every other weekend, and 1 diff I have is so loose on the bearing that it will fall off if inverted. Same goes even with new bearings. It seems that the plastic is getting thinner every time the car is run because bearing is tight the way it should when gear diff is new.

No major accidents, no tweak, diff cams always the same level.

Never had this problem with the old size diffs on the previous BD7's i've had.
What you described sounds ideal
So long as there is no axial play
Old 03-20-2016, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
What you described sounds ideal
So long as there is no axial play
thanks RedbullFiXX, i just find it odd that in my old BD5 and BD7 gear diffs, never had that problem and they are all still tight after years of use whereas my new 2016 diffs, even after several runs are all loose already.

Maybe they changed the material they used in the cases, or because the angle of the belt is narrower it's causing more stress on the case, I don't know, but it bothers me hahaha...
Old 03-21-2016, 02:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by mikeygar
thanks RedbullFiXX, i just find it odd that in my old BD5 and BD7 gear diffs, never had that problem and they are all still tight after years of use whereas my new 2016 diffs, even after several runs are all loose already.

Maybe they changed the material they used in the cases, or because the angle of the belt is narrower it's causing more stress on the case, I don't know, but it bothers me hahaha...
I saw the exact same thing and I relate to an expansion issue, but will observe some more to see if it will get loose and create a play or not.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fasfury
I saw the exact same thing and I relate to an expansion issue, but will observe some more to see if it will get loose and create a play or not.
or probably due to the extreme angle the axles are when the diff is in the low position?
Old 03-21-2016, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I gonna try running the front diff cams in the high position, front end is digging in real hard on the CRC Black carpet
Old 03-21-2016, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by acutts
Hey all can someone advise how you make the bumper stay like in the picture with the inserts lowered? Do you sand the inserts and glue them?? Someone previously mentioned a wide super you need to buy but that does not look right.
Many Thanks
You take the inserts and push them down (as in thru the bumper so they stick out of the bottom). Then shoe-goo into place and sand/saw off the extra parts sticking out of the bottom of the bumper.
Old 03-21-2016, 12:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default re

Hey guys,

Petite R/C should have Andrew's set-up from the ROAR Nats, which was held on the new CRC black carpet, very soon.

Our car was a missile but some bad luck took us out of contention for the win.

http://site.petitrc.com/reglages/yok...YokomoBD7.html

Hope this gives some of you a good starting point.
Old 03-21-2016, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Corey,

Can you also look to have posted this weekend's Canadian Nats setup? I wonder how that once a year track carpet compares to the Merritton St. Catharines weekly club racing setup.

Appeared that Andrew could of won with another lap or two more time as he was reeling in Paul Lemieux very fast at the end it seemed watching the timing on LiveRC. I wish I could of raced there this year.
Old 03-21-2016, 04:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi,
Are the anti roll bars for 2015 the same for 2016?
The conversion set does not come with it, but part numbers are different.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ok go easy on me I've been doing off road for the past 5-6 years and been trying to get into the off road reedy race for the past 2 years and failed thru the lottery system so I thought just for shits and giggles to sign up for reedy on road race and I got in so it came as a shock...I've never raced on road and I'm trying to decide on a car...I'm torn between this car and a T4 2016...obviously answers are gonna be a little bit biased due to where I'm posting this...but any imput would be helpful, as in driving characteristics and hop ups needed...thanks
Old 03-22-2016, 05:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default re

Originally Posted by 190mph
Corey,

Can you also look to have posted this weekend's Canadian Nats setup? I wonder how that once a year track carpet compares to the Merritton St. Catharines weekly club racing setup.

Appeared that Andrew could of won with another lap or two more time as he was reeling in Paul Lemieux very fast at the end it seemed watching the timing on LiveRC. I wish I could of raced there this year.
Yeah it was a really close race. I am sure most people watching didn't know that Andrews body was pancaked for the entire run as well. I don't know how he managed to race with it like that!

Check it out..

Note: Skip to 5:05

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiBatw3LXZM

I will get his Canadian Nats setup posted too. Below setup is from the ROAR Nats.

http://site.petitrc.com/reglages/yok...velRC20160320/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.