Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree172Likes

Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 12-21-2016, 08:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
RB6.6 Kyosho America Product Page: http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/ULTIMA-...T_p_24505.html

RB6.6 Manual http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...A_RB6_6_IM.pdf

RB6.6 Kyosho Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW_sR667utY

MSRP $639 MAP $399.99

-------------------------------
New RB6.6 parts (compared exploded views, prices and links are Kyosho America):

Chassis:
  1. Main chassis - UM731 - $125.99
  2. Side guards - UM732 - $9.99

Battery Holder:
  1. Battery plate - UM733 - $8.99
  2. Battery foam - UM741 - $7.99

Rear Bulkheads:
  1. MM3 and Laydown - UM740 - $9.99
    • MM3 bulkhead
    • Laydown bulkhead
    • Swaybar Holders

3 Gear Transmission (MM and RM):
  1. Transmission - UM734 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • plastic FR & RR suspension hangers

2. Gear Cover - UM735 - $6.99

Laydown Transmission (3 and 4 gear possible):
  1. Transmission - UM736 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • required extra hardware
    • pastic FR suspension hanger

2. 40T idler - UM737 - $6.99
  3. Motor plate - UM738 - $18.99
  4. Gear cover - UM739 - $6.99

Body:
  1. Blade body - UMB05 - $27.99

Optional Parts:
  1. Lightweigt Blade body - UMB05LW - $31.99
  2. Aluminum FR suspension hanger - UMW705B - $28.99 (may be able to file UMW705 to fit)
  3. Brass FR suspension hanger - UMW725B - $30.99 (looks more different than UMW725..someone confirm?)

Typical Upgrades for new RB6.6 Buyers

UMW701 Aluminum Steering Plate (RB6)
UMW702 Aluminum Crank Arm (RB6)
UMW704-0 V2 Aluminum Rear Hub Set(0°/RB6)
UMW705B Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RF/RB6.6) or brass UMW725B
UMW707 Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RR-Mid)

Nice to have:

UMW723 Aluminum Front Sus Block (Type B/10g/RB6/RT6/SC6).

Aftermarket Parts:

Front Wing: https://www.prolineracing.com/perfor...mount-alum-rb6

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seth556
....Don't want someone who acts like they know it all saying you're completely wrong.....
LOL
Old 03-26-2013, 08:25 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eper
how did he say he measures droop.. hmmm could have sworn i said that
i'm not busting on you seth556
He's using the word droop, but he's only actually measuring shock length... which AFFECTS your droop...yes..., but isn't droop in and of itself. It's one piece of the puzzle that ultimately determine show much droop you get. When he actually describes droop... and how it makes the car react and behave, he's correct.

Just backing you up. Don't want someone who acts like they know it all saying you're completely wrong (when you're correct).
I never said (or act) like I "know it all"... and if you don't like my advice or help, nobody is holding you down making you listen or follow it. Feel free to move on.

I still don't have time to type it all out, but here is a funny scenario you can run through in your head, and maybe it will help.

Lets say he measures his shock length (what he calls droop), at 100mm (like he does in the video). He then talks about going over bumps and how the tires will "fall" into holes in the track. How is that? well, that is because his ride height is somewhere in the middle of his overall travel, right?

So now, lets play the funny scenario.. lets say he MAXES out his ride height, so the car sits all the way as high as his car can go.... you can picture it, right? (there are some kids that run their rustlers like that at my track ) He has maximum down travel, and ZERO uptravel, right?. He's going down the track... how far will one tire fall into a hole? How much "droop" does he have now? The answer, is 0. So... you can have a shock length of 100mm, with your arms hanging low with the car on the stand, and have 0 droop, at the same time. That is because droop is the affect from total travel, and your static ride height. Technically, droop is your total up travel from right height, to tire lift.

But, I digress. Lets get back to the RB6

Last edited by Cpt.America; 03-26-2013 at 08:38 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Measuring droop...the right way.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:09 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Old 03-26-2013, 10:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
He's using the word droop, but he's only actually measuring shock length... which AFFECTS your droop...yes..., but isn't droop in and of itself. It's one piece of the puzzle that ultimately determine show much droop you get. When he actually describes droop... and how it makes the car react and behave, he's correct.

I never said (or act) like I "know it all"... and if you don't like my advice or help, nobody is holding you down making you listen or follow it. Feel free to move on.

I still don't have time to type it all out, but here is a funny scenario you can run through in your head, and maybe it will help.

Lets say he measures his shock length (what he calls droop), at 100mm (like he does in the video). He then talks about going over bumps and how the tires will "fall" into holes in the track. How is that? well, that is because his ride height is somewhere in the middle of his overall travel, right?

So now, lets play the funny scenario.. lets say he MAXES out his ride height, so the car sits all the way as high as his car can go.... you can picture it, right? (there are some kids that run their rustlers like that at my track ) He has maximum down travel, and ZERO uptravel, right?. He's going down the track... how far will one tire fall into a hole? How much "droop" does he have now? The answer, is 0. So... you can have a shock length of 100mm, with your arms hanging low with the car on the stand, and have 0 droop, at the same time. That is because droop is the affect from total travel, and your static ride height. Technically, droop is your total up travel from right height, to tire lift.

But, I digress. Lets get back to the RB6
Droop is simply a measure of the farthest the suspension arms will travel downward. If we have the same length shocks and they're in the same holes, then we will both have the same amount of droop, our arms will go to the same point. I know there's a XXX Main setup book as well as a Hudy setup book you can read to learn about droop, as well as listening to Drake or any other pro driver, and probably any fast mod guy at your local track.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fullsyzz
Measuring droop...the right way.

Awsome droop tool where can I get one
Old 03-26-2013, 11:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

What's the hot mod setup these days? My aluminum rf2 will finally be here tomorrow and I'm looking to try something new after running mod 4wd and mod sedan for the past few weeks!
Old 03-27-2013, 05:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Help please - are there aluminum rear hangers for Mid Motor? part number?
Old 03-27-2013, 06:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Droop is simply a measure of the farthest the suspension arms will travel downward. If we have the same length shocks and they're in the same holes, then we will both have the same amount of droop, our arms will go to the same point. I know there's a XXX Main setup book as well as a Hudy setup book you can read to learn about droop, as well as listening to Drake or any other pro driver, and probably any fast mod guy at your local track.
Droop is a term invented by the R/C world as far as I can tell, downtravel is what you are referring too, if you were to read full scale design books. I think it's pointless to keep arguing about it, the *idea* references it the way brandon described, for the exact reason he describes. In offroad it is a lot more common to vary your ride height by 1 or more mm, so knowing a "droop over ride height" number is much more relevant than total downtravel.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Wing posts

I almost have completed the build, WOW what great instructions! The quality and fit outweigh the instructions. My question is I see the 2 wing mounts for the rear motor car, but I'm a little unclear if there needs to be some type of spacer from the inner post to the motor plate.

Help
Old 03-27-2013, 06:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1fastdude
I almost have completed the build, WOW what great instructions! The quality and fit outweigh the instructions. My question is I see the 2 wing mounts for the rear motor car, but I'm a little unclear if there needs to be some type of spacer from the inner post to the motor plate.

Help
No spacers, just a mini nut on the end of the screw (honestly, I left that off, it seems to catch some threads on the mounts.)
Old 03-27-2013, 07:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys was wondering if anyone has tried a replacement chassis and the area under the trans does not dent in after a chassis slapping session?

I have one of the early release kits and it's almost fully dented in.

If I'm to swap in full titanium screws and I might get a replacement chassis.
Thanks,
Old 03-27-2013, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have beat the hell out of my car and the chassis has not dented in the rear transmission area. I have had the car about 2 months.

I have tweaked the chassis a bit. I landed very wrong over a jump and got a slight (about 1mm deflection from perfectly straight) bend in the chassis (from nose to tail, not side to side). If you don't put a straight edge on it, you can't even see it.

The top of the jump was flat and the front and rear tires did not make contact but the center of the chassis did. There was a kicker in front of the landing and I landed from about 12 or so feet in the air on that flat spot. Made the worst sound you could ever imagine.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yeah I hear that sound a lot, it goes 'cringe'.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

The dent in the chassis does not affect the car at all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.