Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree172Likes

Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 12-21-2016, 08:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
RB6.6 Kyosho America Product Page: http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/ULTIMA-...T_p_24505.html

RB6.6 Manual http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...A_RB6_6_IM.pdf

RB6.6 Kyosho Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW_sR667utY

MSRP $639 MAP $399.99

-------------------------------
New RB6.6 parts (compared exploded views, prices and links are Kyosho America):

Chassis:
  1. Main chassis - UM731 - $125.99
  2. Side guards - UM732 - $9.99

Battery Holder:
  1. Battery plate - UM733 - $8.99
  2. Battery foam - UM741 - $7.99

Rear Bulkheads:
  1. MM3 and Laydown - UM740 - $9.99
    • MM3 bulkhead
    • Laydown bulkhead
    • Swaybar Holders

3 Gear Transmission (MM and RM):
  1. Transmission - UM734 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • plastic FR & RR suspension hangers

2. Gear Cover - UM735 - $6.99

Laydown Transmission (3 and 4 gear possible):
  1. Transmission - UM736 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • required extra hardware
    • pastic FR suspension hanger

2. 40T idler - UM737 - $6.99
  3. Motor plate - UM738 - $18.99
  4. Gear cover - UM739 - $6.99

Body:
  1. Blade body - UMB05 - $27.99

Optional Parts:
  1. Lightweigt Blade body - UMB05LW - $31.99
  2. Aluminum FR suspension hanger - UMW705B - $28.99 (may be able to file UMW705 to fit)
  3. Brass FR suspension hanger - UMW725B - $30.99 (looks more different than UMW725..someone confirm?)

Typical Upgrades for new RB6.6 Buyers

UMW701 Aluminum Steering Plate (RB6)
UMW702 Aluminum Crank Arm (RB6)
UMW704-0 V2 Aluminum Rear Hub Set(0°/RB6)
UMW705B Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RF/RB6.6) or brass UMW725B
UMW707 Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RR-Mid)

Nice to have:

UMW723 Aluminum Front Sus Block (Type B/10g/RB6/RT6/SC6).

Aftermarket Parts:

Front Wing: https://www.prolineracing.com/perfor...mount-alum-rb6

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 07:05 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
Keep in mind the traction level at the cactus was unreal. It was like driving on sandpaper. Not your normal club race type of track prep for sure.
Matt where you there? I ask because I thought I read someplace that the marbles prevented people from running slicks. Is that true? I am trying to align traction levels their to a track that people would run slicks/ghost pins at.

Here is what I am thinking and someone please feel free to chime in. If you are running a track that slicks or ghost pins are the best option would mid motor work just as well as it did at the Cactus? Speculation is acceptable.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I asked Jared about the aka wheels and he said that the aka wheels are the same offset as the kyo ones,
Old 03-19-2013, 07:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig
Matt where you there? I ask because I thought I read someplace that the marbles prevented people from running slicks. Is that true? I am trying to align traction levels their to a track that people would run slicks/ghost pins at.

Here is what I am thinking and someone please feel free to chime in. If you are running a track that slicks or ghost pins are the best option would mid motor work just as well as it did at the Cactus? Speculation is acceptable.
I was not there this weekend but did run at the AZ states race at the same facility and have some experience with sugared tracks. Back in Nov they experimented with putting down grape soda on the layout. It worked pretty good and definitely was a lot better than the cactus last year. It was a more consistent traction level but they had to do the grape soda more often then the sugaring at this years cactus. In my experience with sugared tracks you can run slicks...however they can produce too much traction. That is what you would have seen at cactus, traction increasing throughout the run as the tire wears down and the contact patch increases.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Of course you can get it to work well anywhere there's decent traction. I've never seen traction levels like they had at Cactus, but mid-motor cars work very well on 3 out of 4 of my local indoor tracks.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

We were there, the traction level high, and it was like sandpaper, they sugared the track almost ever nite, I didn't here or see any one running slicks or anything like that. There were marbles outside the groove, and they would sweep half way thru the day.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:21 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

We run slicks/ghost pins at my track, for probably half of the track's life... Traction is really high. Basically, each week the track ages, the more and more benefit is shifted back to RM, as the track hardens. Even when the track is still damp, it can be kind of a toss-up. It also kind of depends on the nature of the layout. A lot of tight 180s that require you get on throttle hard to clear an immediate jump, still might yield lap time advantage to Rm. Fast and flowing, better in MM.

But in general, I would say yes...
Old 03-19-2013, 07:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

I was at cactus. I ran a couple sets of tires after they were down to bald and they hooked up. A lot of people were saying that the bald tires hooked up too much. The marbles were not bad at all, the only places on the course that had marbles were the very outside of the turns after the the jump landings. It stayed very clean because of the sugar. Once I got my setup sorted it really cut down on tire wear also. It was really strange, the tires would come off a run looking super clean like you had just washed them.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Tebo Reedy Setup

With Tebo's Reedy Race setup, rear motor, I see the shorty battery is forward with the esc in the rear.

Anyone know if he ran any weight near the rear to compensate?

Thx!

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/kyosho/...ace2013012427/

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/kyosho/.../bigpics/2.jpg
Old 03-19-2013, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Traction at Cactus was high and abrasive rubber wasn't beening layed down much it was just being ripped off like sand paper.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:05 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by skrichter
With Tebo's Reedy Race setup, rear motor, I see the shorty battery is forward with the esc in the rear.

Anyone know if he ran any weight near the rear to compensate?

Thx!

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/kyosho/...ace2013012427/

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/kyosho/.../bigpics/2.jpg
That's not forward, that's right smack in the middle. It's where I run my shorty as well, no weight required if traction is good.

(EDIT: and ya kinda have to take these setups with a grain of salt. For example, the picture you see of his car is not the setup you see on the sheet. Rear outer ballstud placement and rear spring rate are clues.)
Old 03-19-2013, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

In the manual are the steering tie rods and front upper rods backwards?
Old 03-19-2013, 09:14 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Speedychris22
In the manual are the steering tie rods and front upper rods backwards?
Doesn't really matter.. just make sure all the turnbuckles are facing/turned to the same side, so that all the turnbuckles shorten and lengthen when you turn them the same way. For example, I always put the little "bump" or "notch" on the right with the stockies, or on the left with the lunsfords, so that "forward" is always "shorten" on my buggies.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HalfManHalfGod
Running Brandon's latest with 30kickup 0 caster. Surface is indoor clay. The track is the only clay surface I've ever run on so I don't have anything to compare it to.

Tires I have

Front: all softest compounds the brands offer. Using the open cell that came with tire.
M4 Suburbs
Hotbodies Pink Fullslot<------haven't tried these yet
Jconcepts Green Barcodes

Suburbs and Barcodes felt about the same didn't really like 1 over the other

Rear: both with AKA red insert
Jconcepts Green Barcodes v1<------easily the best
Hotbodies Pink Beams

Rear traction I have for days. Could probably use a touch more forward bite on launch in straightway. Can tend to fishtail a bit. Side bite is retarded good.

Here's my track for reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZvgZStURA8 the features seem much bigger in real life.
I run at this track. It's not clay. It's black dirt with medium to low traction. I dont know Brandon's setup but it is for high traction so I can't see it working to well.
I run beams or rebars on the rear and rebars or handlebars on front. You can run a v2 barcode on the rear as well. The v1 has more side bite than forward bite.
I'm not sure I've seen you at the track but there are quite a few guys running the 6 here that have a pretty good setup. You just need to find one of us and ask. I should be there this wed and fri.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by jwood7
I run at this track. It's not clay. It's black dirt with medium to low traction. I dont know Brandon's setup but it is for high traction so I can't see it working to well.
I run beams or rebars on the rear and rebars or handlebars on front. You can run a v2 barcode on the rear as well. The v1 has more side bite than forward bite.
I'm not sure I've seen you at the track but there are quite a few guys running the 6 here that have a pretty good setup. You just need to find one of us and ask. I should be there this wed and fri.
Awesome! I've only raced their twice as Wed and Fri nights are bad nights for me. I'll shoot you a PM!
Old 03-19-2013, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jwood7
The v1 has more side bite than forward bite.
Am I the only one that feels the opposite is true? The V2 has far more side bite, but less forward bite. The V1 can really put the power down, but really free the rear up when cornering.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.