Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

AME T SHOX

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 09:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Would like to know when to use each spring if that is possible and in what condition should've change and change what/where.

Thanks.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by defcone
Did you try the shocks on the t4 yet?
this WE I' ll do ;-)
Old 02-02-2013, 12:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hana166
I do disagree, I didn't read it that way. Springs can quite difficult to compare like for like for a number of reasons. I find often that people are not sure what spring to run for a given situation. The top drivers do, but often mere mortals like myself are less sure.
Measuring springs should be no problem if you have the equipment. But the numbers you get from the machine could be wrong in comparison to the numbers given from other manufactorers (see also the measurements of Christian Tabusch from ReflexRacing).
So as interesting a specific spring number can be (I want to know, too), as confusing it will be on track.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Andreas_Myrberg
Spring rates

In general I dont want to comment on the spring rates as it is extremely difficult to definitely compare different springs to each other, but of course to get an approximate rating is of course possible (when pushing them against each other)

I have designed and developed the springs for a long time and made 2 types.
Carpet Springs (soft and medium)
Asphalt Springs (soft and medium)

I wanted to help drivers who dont know what to use on different surfaces.
I have seen so many people using wrong springs /springrates on so many tracks just because they dont have the knowledge on what to use.

So with my springs it is easy. Use the Carpet ones on Carpet and Asphalt ones on Asphalt.

Very easy

Like with the Xray springs....does people know what to use on the different tracks? No...some of course, but most people don't.
With mine you cant go wrong really.
I just asked the spring rates because if i have a problem with my car traction rolling and i am using the T shox red spring then i would like to know what spring is harder and what is softer.

Today i have these springs with these ratings in order of hardness:
Yokomo Blue 264/14.7
HPI Blue 273/15.3
Yokomo Pink 290/16.2
HPI Silver 302/16.9
HPI Pink 320/17.9
HPI Gold 340/19.0
HPI White 363/20.3
HPI Yellow 388/21.7

And then i have the t shox springs:
Carpet Soft Red
Carpet Medium Yellow
Asphalt Soft Green
Asphalt Medium Blue

But i have no idea where they fit in my list ?
And can you never need the green springs on carpet ?

For the rest i am very happy with my t shox on my Yokomo Car. They perform very good. I'm also happy with the service behind them because i had a teflon piece break and i got new ones in the post without charge. Just would like to know the details about the springs.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:35 AM
Tech Elite

Red - a little softer than the old 2.4's (13.3)
Yellow - similar to 2.5's (14)
Green, slightly softer than the old 2.8's (15.8)
Blue - slightly harder than 2.9 (16.3)

These are not scientifically tested numbers by the way, just from comparison pushing them against each other etc.

I was given numbers for HPI springs (measured) and you'll find that they are softer than is written on them.

Skiddins

Last edited by Skiddins; 02-05-2014 at 03:22 AM.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:38 AM
Tech Regular

Great info Skiddins, thanks a lot :-)
Old 02-02-2013, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Spillertwo
Great info Skiddins, thanks a lot :-)
Thanks, but remember the T-Shox and Tamiy'as are estimates.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Short TShox on a TC6 conversation:

Old 02-03-2013, 06:56 AM
Tech Adept

My 2 cents about it.

Packaging and quality of the parts seem very good.
Assembled my set yesterday while watching UFC156.

Didn't had any issue with parts at all, everything fitted perfectly.

My concerns are:
- Spring retainer does not fit on the lower ball joints, need to buy the large ones, it means that I am not going to use the T-Shox in my car for a month, waiting for those parts to arrive;
- The rebound springs come in a bag, I could only noticed the difference in length by putting them side by side, maybe split them in different bags.

As I said, apart from that, I am happy with what I got.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think you shall not use a G constant equal to 10, use the real value (9.81), at this scale it could make a huge difference...
Old 02-04-2013, 01:45 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Thanks, but remember the T-Shox and Tamiy'as are estimates.
Hi Skiddins,

You can add on the T-Shox that they are Liniar
They are all OK, but the Red should be slightly harder 13.5 approx
Old 02-04-2013, 01:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wtcc
Short TShox on a TC6 conversation:

I think that looks awesome
Old 02-04-2013, 02:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by HawaiiBob
Most springs are rated in pounds (how many pounds it takes to compress a spring 1 inch) So by saying use my carpet or asphalt springs and you will be ok is not helping anyone. Its saying your not skilled enough to figure it out and buy my springs. It was and is arrogance on his part. Im not interested in getting into a long debate on springs but a simple answer of the spring rates in pounds or gfm would have probably been satisfactory. Not answering simple questions will chase prospective customers away. I was interested in these shocks however after the statements made I think I will pass.

If I can across as arrogant then I apology. Maybe If I was native English I could form my words in a better way.

I dont that drivers are stupid of course not, but I think other manufacturers do not really support there customers with correct information.
Where can you find on any spring chart from any manufacturer what springs to use for different circumstances?
At least I have never seen this and I think this could be difficult for some racers to actually know what to use.

Since I have been racing my entire life, some of the time quite successful being part of Associated, HPI, Xray development and traveling team and being an employee at LRP for 5 years, I do believe that I have a lot of experience and I only want to use my experience and try to make sure that my customers get the best possible and easy to work with products.
One of my goal with having open my own company is that when/if people test my products, is that they directly will be happy with them. Since I have seen for so many year how many drivers uses products in the wrong way or at the wrong place and seeing how frustrated they sometimes can get when they spend money on products which doesnt work the way they hoped or the way that the marketing for the products promises.

This is why I have given my springs the Carpet/Asphalt definition and soft and medium of these 2 types.

With the experience I have, and the amount of testing I have done and on top of this my extremely close work with some of the best drivers in the world at the moment, I am sure that the springs I have made also works the way I intend them to be. If this sounds arrogant I am sorry. I more hope that it would sound like great customer service instead.

Regards
/Andreas
Old 02-04-2013, 02:19 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Fabricio
My 2 cents about it.

Packaging and quality of the parts seem very good.
Assembled my set yesterday while watching UFC156.

Didn't had any issue with parts at all, everything fitted perfectly.

My concerns are:
- Spring retainer does not fit on the lower ball joints, need to buy the large ones, it means that I am not going to use the T-Shox in my car for a month, waiting for those parts to arrive;
- The rebound springs come in a bag, I could only noticed the difference in length by putting them side by side, maybe split them in different bags.

As I said, apart from that, I am happy with what I got.

Hi Fabricio,

Thank you for the information on the shox you purchased.

For your concerns
- Spring retainers. They should fit most cars however some cars have ball joints which are slightly bigger then what I firstly used as a std when making them. Some customers use the std ones from there cars as they obviously should fit perfectly and could also add the correct colour bling

- Yes the rebound springs I made a mistake with to start with. I was sure that people would easily separate them but I was mistaking since many has written to me on this point.
The long and short should be easy to separate.
The hardness difference can be identified when counting the number of windings.
LESS windings = Harder spring
MORE windings = Softer spring

For the T-Shox Short, I have only included 2 springs.
- Std Short Hard (from the longer version)
- Extra Short Hard (new spring)

To compare the New Extra Short spring will have the same setup effect in the Short Shock as compared to the Short Hard in the longer version shock.
They obviously need to be shorter rebound springs in the shorter shock to get the same rebound effect.

/Andreas
Old 02-04-2013, 02:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Spillertwo
I just asked the spring rates because if i have a problem with my car traction rolling and i am using the T shox red spring then i would like to know what spring is harder and what is softer.

Today i have these springs with these ratings in order of hardness:
Yokomo Blue 264/14.7
HPI Blue 273/15.3
Yokomo Pink 290/16.2
HPI Silver 302/16.9
HPI Pink 320/17.9
HPI Gold 340/19.0
HPI White 363/20.3
HPI Yellow 388/21.7

And then i have the t shox springs:
Carpet Soft Red
Carpet Medium Yellow
Asphalt Soft Green
Asphalt Medium Blue

But i have no idea where they fit in my list ?
And can you never need the green springs on carpet ?

For the rest i am very happy with my t shox on my Yokomo Car. They perform very good. I'm also happy with the service behind them because i had a teflon piece break and i got new ones in the post without charge. Just would like to know the details about the springs.

My Yellow springs are harder then the Red springs.
If you traction roll I would go to the Yellow springs.
If you still traction roll with the Yellow springs, then I would start glueing the sidewall of the front tyre.

/Andreas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.