Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 08:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cloaked

My Sakura D3 is currently at the Dispatch Facility waiting for customs clearance

Cant even go and pick it up!
yeah my motor and esc are in melb so I have to wait till monday or tuesday for it to get here
Old 01-17-2013, 08:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pickled
this is my shell
Yeah that should be fine
I'm waiting on a hobbywing 120A Xerun V2.1 and yeah racing 8.5T hackmoto combo from rcMart ATM
Ohh haha look at me not being able to read, your shell is super clean!

I guess I'll post a pic tomorrow of my current setup!

Isn't 120A a bit overkill for dorifto??
Might consider that combo for my sct though, looks like a solid deal.

Yeah the only reason why I'm considering BL now is I mainly run on not-so-short carpet tearing up my apartment at school. The silver can I've got in there is a little strained from the gearing I'm throwing at it.

Apartment drifting is super fun though, very technical, and a great distraction from that studying I'm supposed to be doing
Old 01-17-2013, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Im running a Hobbywing JustStock 45amp ESC and a Trinity D3 13.5T Motor and will be running a 80/18 gearing.

Should be enough to get the wheels spinning at a good speed.

P.S. - That sucks pickled I WANT MY CAR
Old 01-17-2013, 09:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well that's reassuring!

Can't wait to start having some funds lying around haha
Old 01-17-2013, 09:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrjfang
thanks pickled for fixing the links and I will definitely be ordering the parts once the alloy spur holder gets in stock
Also check out tqrcracing, based down south, fast and cheap shipping for us here in Cali.
They just got a lot of the hop ups in stock. So they might have what you need
That's where my latest order came from...and I have ordered from them lots of times
Old 01-17-2013, 10:56 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by saturnv7890
Ohh haha look at me not being able to read, your shell is super clean!

I guess I'll post a pic tomorrow of my current setup!

Isn't 120A a bit overkill for dorifto??
Might consider that combo for my sct though, looks like a solid deal.

Yeah the only reason why I'm considering BL now is I mainly run on not-so-short carpet tearing up my apartment at school. The silver can I've got in there is a little strained from the gearing I'm throwing at it.

Apartment drifting is super fun though, very technical, and a great distraction from that studying I'm supposed to be doing
I don't think so my LHS drift track is a traction race track as well and it's huge which sucks. they have drift comps but it's drift racing with up to 10 cars drifting at the same time, and they score it 1st 2nd 3rd across the line. I don't go to the comps I think it's retarded to run comps like that but anyway I'm going for that esc and motor combo as at the moment I'm running a 5.5T with the end point on my radio at 50% so it won't make much difference and it will be smoother being a sensored setup. I had a drift track set up in my lounge room for a bit but that was when I was learning to drift I could get around it now but I ripped it up ages ago when I threw a hissy fit about the CVD's falling apart because they weren't assembled correctly and I didn't know to check them
here is a fish eye view of my LHS's drift track

HOBBY HABIT twin drift

Last edited by pickled; 01-17-2013 at 11:31 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by eunique
Also check out tqrcracing, based down south, fast and cheap shipping for us here in Cali.
They just got a lot of the hop ups in stock. So they might have what you need
That's where my latest order came from...and I have ordered from them lots of times
yeah! i love tqrc. thats where i got all my hopups so far. cheap shipping + fast shipping time is great. rcmart usually ends up being more expensive for me once I add in the shipping. The spur gear adapter is not in stock unfortunately. I just ordered the yok upper arms for the KPI mod today from banzai. Speaking of which, here is my list for the KPI mod:

2x 20mm turnbuckles
front suspension arms
4.8mm yeah racing derlin cups
15mm button scews
3RAC-BS48H5/PK - 4.8mm ball stud

my question: is this everything i'll need? i plan on using the turnbuckles on the steering arms so that it is easily adjustable, and from the pics i think the 4.8mm ball studs should work with the turnbuckles
Old 01-18-2013, 12:28 AM
Tech Addict

yeah! i love tqrc. thats where i got all my hopups so far. cheap shipping + fast shipping time is great. rcmart usually ends up being more expensive for me once I add in the shipping. The spur gear adapter is not in stock unfortunately. I just ordered the yok upper arms for the KPI mod today from banzai. Speaking of which, here is my list for the KPI mod:

2x 20mm turnbuckles
front suspension arms
4.8mm yeah racing derlin cups
15mm button scews
3RAC-BS48H5/PK - 4.8mm ball stud

my question: is this everything i'll need? i plan on using the turnbuckles on the steering arms so that it is easily adjustable, and from the pics i think the 4.8mm ball studs should work with the turnbuckles
like this?

did you get some MST front uprights you might have to look them up on ebay
I used 15mm? might have been 10mm set screws in the front uprights with the 3 racing ball link on top must use thread lock this way
Old 01-18-2013, 12:37 AM
Tech Initiate

thanks for the pic pickled! i dont know what i was thinking. For some reason i thought the ball end went on the suspension arm haha

I think i found them on ebay, P/N 210239S for about $50
Old 01-18-2013, 12:46 AM
Tech Addict

thanks for the pic pickled! i dont know what i was thinking. For some reason i thought the ball end went on the suspension arm haha

I think i found them on ebay, P/N 210239S for about $50
yeah that's the ones in the pic, no you need to use 20mm set screw and cut the front arm at the cross brace a ball end goes on that, I used a tamiya ball end from a tt-01 for mine
Old 01-18-2013, 12:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Are they necessary though? would the stock knuckles work fine, but switching to the MST would yield better steering angle?
Old 01-18-2013, 12:53 AM
Tech Addict

Are they necessary though? would the stock knuckles work fine, but switching to the MST would yield better steering angle?
You can get the plastic MST knuckles but you can't do the KPI mod with out them. I'd try to get used to it first before you go modding it anyway that way you'll know how much different it is. The KPI (King Pin Inclination) mod works because the ball links are offset what it does is modify the camber as the knuckle turns so you get a variable camber depending on the angle of the steering
Old 01-18-2013, 01:35 AM
Tech Regular

here's my video from first week of January

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-43KA2ObWrQ
Old 01-18-2013, 02:28 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by eunique
here's my video from first week of January

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-43KA2ObWrQ
your really starting to get good now I thought that was awesome
Old 01-18-2013, 07:05 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by pickled
Because I want to use it as a front wheel drive racer, not a drifter. I think the geardiff of a Sakura S might fit, seeing that the width of the diff is the same. Maybe only the location of the pulley is different, but as I'm only using one center pulley I can move it to be in line with the diff? Maybe someone has tried a geardiff or balldiff in the D3 before? I know there are a lot of guys out there who don't like a oneway.

I'm not 100% sure but I think your right I think the Zero S should fit you will probably just have to move the pulley across. they're only 20 bucks I'd just get 1 and see
Tizer, PM me...I have one of those Zero S gear diffs...you can have it for $5 plus shipping. let me know if that works for you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.