Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift >

3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Like Tree2Likes

3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Old 01-09-2013, 07:36 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kotar
not sure if this has been posted yet, i thought i share an interesting D3 i found that is modded for RWD drift,
and the steering mod this guy did was very simple to get more angle,
but just by looking at the angle, i'm not sure any cvd's will work with that much angle, so maybe thats why its RWD only
http://one10drift.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=2770

looks like he's running a gyro too? I'll post pics of my angle once I get my new knuckles and R31 CVD's
Old 01-09-2013, 09:09 AM
Tech Addict

Test fitting my new shell on my chassis

Old 01-09-2013, 02:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pickled
Test fitting my new shell on my chassis
that's a nice looking body!!!
i just got my latest order from rcmart..including Reventon Pro!!!
...oh and a GT-86 body!
Old 01-09-2013, 04:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by eunique
that's a nice looking body!!!
i just got my latest order from rcmart..including Reventon Pro!!!
...oh and a GT-86 body!
lol I decided to get the hobbywing yeah racing combo was cheaper and the motor was an 8.5T so just have to wait now till it gets here. Got my R31 CVD's today threw them in to see how the go but as skr8pn suggested on DM they need a spacer in the knuckle. great turning angle tho except when it gets near full lock they get chatter lol
Old 01-10-2013, 05:14 AM
Tech Addict

not sure if this has been posted yet, i thought i share an interesting D3 i found that is modded for RWD drift,
and the steering mod this guy did was very simple to get more angle,
but just by looking at the angle, i'm not sure any cvd's will work with that much angle, so maybe thats why its RWD only
http://one10drift.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=2770

Well here is my angle with the R31 CVD's in my plastic MST knuckles
Old 01-10-2013, 05:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by pickled
Well here is my angle with the R31 CVD's in my plastic MST knuckles
thats some mad angle, its hard to imagine the cvd can still turn the wheels at that angle

here is my stock angle LOL
Old 01-10-2013, 03:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey all. Been reading this thread for bit over a week now. Convinced me to purchase a d3. So I have my d3 coming from rcmart and im eagerly waiting. A few questions for you guys though.

What parts are needed? and what parts are recommended for drifting? Im not an expert but im not that new to rc drifting. Just reading through everything I see people touch on the topic then get sidetracked.

Pretty much what im after is a list with part numbers or places to buy if possible of what I will need to get before I take this down to the track.

Thanks in advance. And thank you for all the information in this thread. It has been very helpful.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hi all

i had my D3 and the zero S front one way last year, but no time to really fix it till now.

may i know if any kind souls would be kind enough to take a pic of the orientation of the front one way. i had some issues with it, and cause the front pulley to rub against the front bulkhead, or something like that.

thanks in advance.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:18 PM
Tech Rookie

I got my chassis tuesday got it all put together and tested it around the front room last night.
Now today i just got my oneway so i will be taking it apart for the install, my wife thinks im crazy for not waiting til all the parts get here then build it once.

got the body painted today
Attached Thumbnails 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift-jan-10-133.jpg   3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift-jan-10-143.jpg  
Old 01-10-2013, 04:31 PM
Tech Addict

thats some mad angle, its hard to imagine the cvd can still turn the wheels at that angle
Thats why I purchased these Square CVD they have a 60* angle

Originally Posted by SidewaysCallum
Hey all. Been reading this thread for bit over a week now. Convinced me to purchase a d3. So I have my d3 coming from rcmart and im eagerly waiting. A few questions for you guys though.

What parts are needed? and what parts are recommended for drifting? Im not an expert but im not that new to rc drifting. Just reading through everything I see people touch on the topic then get sidetracked.

Pretty much what im after is a list with part numbers or places to buy if possible of what I will need to get before I take this down to the track.

Thanks in advance. And thank you for all the information in this thread. It has been very helpful.
Hi and welcome.
Uhmm what you need? Ok a decent sensored motor 8.5T-13.5T also the pinion gear doesn't come with the chassis an 18T or 19T 48P will work and a moderately priced decent servo blue bird a quite good from what I've heard.
The standard CVD's aren't built correctly from factory and don't provide much angle so rebuild 2 for the rear, grind a flat on the pins for the set screws to bite into grease the joint then assemble with thread lock on the set screw. Buy some SAK-X27 SSK's for the front. The front one way SAK-D324. Get some M3 washers ranging from 0.5mm to 1.5mm use them to raise the rear pulley mount and tension the centre belt 0.5mm on the rear screws and 1mm on the front (or 1.5mm depending on how slack your belt is). alternatively you can buy the alloy parts including the rear pulley mount and this will solve that issue and align the pulleys correctly. I'd suggest you get some harder springs for the front either blue or purple. Some of the components like the springs can only be purchased from 3racing.

@viktozzz
if your using the zero FOW did you take the spacer out from between the pulley an the oneway? orientation, the top of the pic is the front of the chassis

@jimmyzrx
what color is that? and the same body as mine and you should have waited lol

Last edited by pickled; 01-10-2013 at 05:02 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks heaps pickled. Also your in australia arent you? Where abouts?

Ok so is that the zero one way?

Will the front cvds do for now or is highly recommended to change them?

Does it come with a servo at all? And is it a micro size or normal size? I already have a decent one in my tt01 that I might steal.

Have many of you added weight to the rear to stop it being as twitchy in transitions?
Old 01-10-2013, 05:10 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SidewaysCallum
Thanks heaps pickled. Also your in australia arent you? Where abouts?

Ok so is that the zero one way?

Will the front cvds do for now or is highly recommended to change them?

Does it come with a servo at all? And is it a micro size or normal size? I already have a decent one in my tt01 that I might steal.

Have many of you added weight to the rear to stop it being as twitchy in transitions?
I'm from Adelaide
the first pic is the SAK-D324 but it shares the tube of the SAK-59/V2/PK which are the last 2 pics
I'd buy the SSK's as the standard CVD's are prone to chatter at full lock and they don't get full angle (45* with the plastic sweepers) although they are easy enough to change at a later date.
Either steal your TT-01 servo or buy a bluebird BMS-631MG this is the servo I run. Unless you bought the combo with motor and servo etc?
A few people run weights but I don't I might try some eventually it is a bit squirrelly at times

Last edited by pickled; 01-10-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:01 PM
Tech Rookie

hey pickled,

yeah i should of waited , i cut the body for my tl-01 before i ordered the d3, but i did get the oneway installed

the color is fasfluorescent violet from parma great color but a pain to shoot, it is water based and you need to go lightly on the paint and i dont have the patients for it lol.

i also received my ABC 1972 nissian skyline ht 2000gtr body today
Old 01-10-2013, 06:10 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jimmyzrx
hey pickled,

yeah i should of waited , i cut the body for my tl-01 before i ordered the d3, but i did get the oneway installed

the color is fasfluorescent violet from parma great color but a pain to shoot, it is water based and you need to go lightly on the paint and i dont have the patients for it lol.

i also received my ABC 1972 nissian skyline ht 2000gtr body today
the one with over fenders? those ABC bodies are so expensive I can't justify buying one when it will just get knocked around and destroyed with use!
Old 01-10-2013, 06:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Ok i have ordered one of those servos.

Watching the ssks till next pay. And are you saying I can use the sak-59?

Belt tension wise I have got really mixed reviews. Some people say its wrong some say its fine. My brother in laws mate has a d3 and its belts are fine. He hasnt touched it. So... is it a case of wait till it shows up and see if I need to do anything?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.