Search
Like Tree2Likes

3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (96%+)

Originally Posted by eunique
you got the one way already. they just released some aluminum bling parts for it. I got the sakura XI CVDs for it. it got rid of the chatter at full lock steering. you will need someth ing like that or eagle racing wide angle CVD. 3racing wide CV has not been released yet. I got the XI and it was bolt on and got rid of my chatter.

other than that, you should be ok and start having fun practicing.

use light oil and prethread plastic parts first prior to actually just trying to screw the hexes in...it will save you from a lot of stripped threads/ hex screws.
I learned the hard way when I first built my Zero S.
Thanks for the info.

Should I get the XI CVD's or wait for the 3Racing extra wide CVD's for the D3?

Also, are any parts compatible from other 3Racing cars with the D3?
Old 10-28-2012, 07:53 AM
Tech Adept

Take a look at this page, that's all the parts that fit the D3. Some of them are from other 3Racing cars. http://www.rcmart.com/3racing-sakura...1419_1566.html

You can always find some universal parts that will fit almost any chassis.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pickled
Don't forget Tamiya TRF Double Cardins look better lol.
Dumb question but what do you actually use to prethread the holes the screws? or a threading tool?
I got this from my LHS. they didn't have anything this small from Sears.

second pic is up closer so u can see detail on the tap
Attached Thumbnails 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift-20121028_101525-1809996056.jpg   3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift-20121028_101554-503568483.jpg  
Old 10-28-2012, 02:22 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks I'll look out for one at my local hardware store

Originally Posted by SerpentCT4S
Thanks for the info.

Should I get the XI CVD's or wait for the 3Racing extra wide CVD's for the D3?

the sepperated suspension mounts from the XI, rear suspension mount from Zero, any 44mm CVD. I use double cardins but have a spare set of ssk's. sakura's are basically made to be compatible with most standard belt drive parts. (except the FF which is gear drive but is front engine and shares bumpers and front cvd's)

Just ordered the hop ups for my rebuild but will keep all the alloy to one side till they release the rest of the parts and carbon. Good thing we get two spools we can end up with two cars after buying all the option parts just got to get two oneways and alloy diff and belt pulleys. Do you think they'll release alloy lower bumper?

Have you noticed on 3racing the D3 oneway is already soldout lol. But they still have 20+ on rcMart

Last edited by pickled; 10-28-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:39 PM
Tech Regular

Do you think they'll release alloy lower bumper?

Have you noticed on 3racing the D3 oneway is already soldout lol. But they still have 20+ on rcMart[/QUOTE]

I didn't notice from the full options puck if it has an aluminum lower bumper .

my package cleared customs...so hope I get it hypocritical next week...
I dnt know if I have the will power to wait for all the option parts to be in stock before I rebuild my D3. we shall see.....
Old 10-28-2012, 07:02 PM
Tech Addict

I didn't notice from the full options puck if it has an aluminum lower bumper .

my package cleared customs...so hope I get it hypocritical next week...
I dnt know if I have the will power to wait for all the option parts to be in stock before I rebuild my D3. we shall see.....
I think I got it wrong it will either be carbon or we'll have to use the plastic lower bumper. Why put the parts on only to totally strip your chassis to rebuild it with the bulkheads later? I'll just build a seperate car altogether when the carbon lower and upper decks are released.

If your package cleared customs that means it's in your country doesn't it? or are you meaning at their end? did you get it sent EMS that takes about 5 days or less to get to your door?
Old 10-28-2012, 10:42 PM
Tech Regular

If your package cleared customs that means it's in your country doesn't it? or are you meaning at their end? did you get it sent EMS that takes about 5 days or less to get to your door?
u have a good point with the carbon...but I might not be able to resist and install them anyway. specially if it's going to take a while for other hopups to be released.

yes I picked EMS since it was only about 2 Starbucks drinks difference in price for the faster EMS shipping. I'll just have to sacrifice a couple days without buying coffee. lol!
I should be opening that package this week
Old 10-28-2012, 11:31 PM
Tech Addict

u have a good point with the carbon...but I might not be able to resist and install them anyway. specially if it's going to take a while for other hopups to be released.

yes I picked EMS since it was only about 2 Starbucks drinks difference in price for the faster EMS shipping. I'll just have to sacrifice a couple days without buying coffee. lol!
I should be opening that package this week
lol starbucks! We don't have that particular brand where I am but I'm guessing your talking about $10 difference.
Hows the weather? that may effect the delivery timeframe!

has anyone seen this??
3Racing Sakura D3 SPECIAL EDITION (Might be knock off) Comes with carbon but has crappier shocks (look like Sakura Zero S shocks!) Edit: (Is a knock off) Mod/Hybrid

You Know what the Top Deck looks like an MST SSG Hop up part. And I bet that's what They've done. Even still looks like a good mod and only 4 left! hmm get rid of the discs and it might look alright. Add the alloy and there you go.

Originally Posted by sgp-chris
What's the part number for those?

Also what Tamiya shocks are the best?

Cheers
Hey I was just looking on ebay and saw these thought you might be interested Yeah Racing 55mm Damper Set for 1:10 RC Touring Car (#DP-1002TI) though you can get these from their online store too!

Last edited by pickled; 10-29-2012 at 06:13 AM.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:54 AM
Tech Regular

lol starbucks! We don't have that particular brand where I am but I'm guessing your talking about $10 difference.
haha! yup..or Pete's Coffee/Seattle's Best/Gloria Jean's...they are all approximately about the same (close prices)
I just checked tracking..the package is already in my city (San Jose) post office.
so maybe today or tomorrow?
Old 10-29-2012, 02:25 PM
Tech Addict

haha! yup..or Pete's Coffee/Seattle's Best/Gloria Jean's...they are all approximately about the same (close prices)
I just checked tracking..the package is already in my city (San Jose) post office.
so maybe today or tomorrow?
yeah we have Gloria jean's, I thought you where on the East coast how lucky are you! China is giving your country a taste of weather modification I reckon! woo hoo on quick delivery! I got mine sent airmail that takes about 9 days and cost $7. I just need to be patient. I can't wait to check em out though!
Old 10-29-2012, 02:58 PM
Tech Regular

yeah we have Gloria jean's, I thought you where on the East coast how lucky are you! China is giving your country a taste of weather modification I reckon! woo hoo on quick delivery! I got mine sent airmail that takes about 9 days and cost $7. I just need to be patient. I can't wait to check em out though!
airmail? $7? 9 days? that's an awesome deal!!! is that from rcmart?
where did border?

no, I'm on the west coast. California
Old 10-29-2012, 03:03 PM
Tech Addict

airmail? $7? 9 days? that's an awesome deal!!! is that from rcmart?
where did border?

no, I'm on the west coast. California
yeah that's why I said I thought you where on east coast. And yep rcMart EMS would cost like half of what the order cost about 30 bucks and the total was 76 so as I don't urgently need those parts just get it shipped by donkey mail it goes by weight so the more you get the more it costs. I only get EMS for really big orders over $200

Last edited by pickled; 10-29-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:49 PM
Tech Regular

yoohoo! my new parts arrived...too bad it was after I had a chance to practice at my LHS earlier. I got some other pulleys also to reduce the CS ratio a little.

I'm out of time to install them today though
Attached Thumbnails 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift-newd3parts_154425-1239189318.jpg  

Last edited by eunique; 10-29-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:08 PM
Tech Addict

voodoo! my new parts arrived...too bad it was after I had a chance to practice at my LHS earlier. I got some other pulleys also to reduce the CS ratio a little.

I'm out of time to install them today though
Lucky bastard lol. What ratio are you going down too? I'm starting to get a handle on the standard ratio
hey what is that black item next to the pulleys on the right looks like a ball end tool?
Old 10-29-2012, 06:41 PM
Tech Regular

Lucky bastard lol. What ratio are you going down too? I'm starting to get a handle on the standard ratio
hey what is that black item next to the pulleys on the right looks like a ball end tool?
haha, lol! I might start to put some parts in tonight, whatever I can.
yes, it's a ball end tool. I'm chewing up ball ends using pliers.
I'm going to try 1.87 CS ratio...although I am feeling better with the practice I'm getting with the standard ratio. LOL!

so, I probably didn't really need the other pulleys. oh well.
good to have stuff to try out and tweak!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.