Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 02:03 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by eunique
How and where did you get idler gear? Can you post pics so we can see your setup and maybe do the same if it works good? I'm going to do the spacer mod as well to the rear mount. Can't wait for the hop up parts for the D3. I keep checking every day to find them available.

Don't order from HKS hobby...I finally spoke with someone and they will take your order and money even though they don't have the hopups in stock yet...and wait until they get them in...holding onto your money

http://www.rc-race-and-drift-japan.c...oducts_id=2746

this is what I'm thinking of getting for the belt, but since changing it it's nice and tight so not sure now but it will probably stretch as it gets used more
Old 10-16-2012, 02:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've got both..full hopups on Zero S and waiting for hopups for D3. Both are set up for drifting. Waiting for more parts to CS my Zero S.
Hows the Zero steering angle stock?
Old 10-16-2012, 02:14 PM
Tech Addict

good to hear that....I'm excited and can't wait for my order to come in from 3racing...broke my front belt and pulley was chewed through....can't wait to get the front one way and practice with that. My LHS has tight track carpet and I'm starting to get more comfortable with my 50:50 Zero S at the expense of my D3 CS being harder...so makes Zero S easier.

My shipment from 3racing is in New York..but I leave for vacation tomorrow...so I can't wait to get back and open my goodies!

That's a bad addiction when one can't wait to get back from vacation to open up RC parts!!!
lol, I know every order I've had I'm waiting by the front door (like homer simpson going "huurrrry uuupp") when I hear the postie only to have him drive past arghh the disappointment when he doesn't stop but when the goodies arrive it's so thrilling to go through them

luckily you get a 38T pulley with the one way but how is that happening to people my front pulley and belt are fine even when it was the spool
Old 10-16-2012, 02:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Im going through that feeling right now, knowing my new D3 is either only a few minutes drive away, or its on it's way to me. Expect lots of excitement and build pics in the next few days... No building tonight, gotta work although, im tempted to start after work for a little....
Old 10-16-2012, 03:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by iSlide32
Im going through that feeling right now, knowing my new D3 is either only a few minutes drive away, or its on it's way to me. Expect lots of excitement and build pics in the next few days... No building tonight, gotta work although, im tempted to start after work for a little....
hate it when you can see on the tracking site that its on board with driver, but you know he won't deliver till the afternoon. looking forward to your build pics, did you get a oneway? they work really well! also double cardins or ssk's help reduce the wheel chatter! I have double cardins and have no chatter at all. Be careful when installing center belt as it can stretch. when you get to the point of putting the wheels on do the camber properly don't go by the manual (this was why my D3 didn't handle properly). I have mine set at 2* front 0* rear. then do your ride height and droop I'm running 1mm of droop. but you probably know all this anyway.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TamiyaChris
Hows the Zero steering angle stock?
the angle isn't as great as the D3's but the C hubs and steering hubs would be interchangeable with the D3
Old 10-16-2012, 07:14 PM
Tech Initiate

No oneway or Double cardan driveshafts yet, wanna see how it goes standard, but certainly will get atleast the one-way in future. I will try those settings to start off that you mentioned just to go by, and see how i go.

Cheers
Old 10-16-2012, 07:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pickled
lol, I know every order I've had I'm waiting by the front door (like homer simpson going "huurrrry uuupp") when I hear the postie only to have him drive past arghh the disappointment when he doesn't stop but when the goodies arrive it's so thrilling to go through them

luckily you get a 38T pulley with the one way but how is that happening to people my front pulley and belt are fine even when it was the spool
I'm not too sure...I'll have to look into it further...and look closer. Maybe something is causing tension or drag in the driveline?
Old 10-16-2012, 09:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

[IMG]
this is what I'm thinking of getting for the belt, but since changing it it's nice and tight so not sure now but it will probably stretch as it gets used more
thanks for the pic...I'll have to look into adding the spacer and see if I need that idler still. I'll have to wait also and do everything at same time with my option parts when they arrive.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

ok the steering setup on this D3 is not stock anyone know what it is

front shock tower brace
Old 10-17-2012, 12:53 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by td-civ
ok the steering setup on this D3 is not stock anyone know what it is?
Are they Street Jam OTA-R31 hubs and kikaku knuckles??
looks like they stick out further than the stock hubs at second glance they actually look like the track is slightly narrower? How much toe in are you running?

Last edited by pickled; 10-17-2012 at 07:15 AM.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions??

also double cardins or ssk's help reduce the wheel chatter! I have double cardins and have no chatter at all. Be careful when installing center belt as it can stretch.
can i ask is there a reason you bought both types Pickled? i think that was your lengthy shopping list i was reading. Are the ssk drive shafts from the zero a worthy upgrade to get rid of chatter? Mine just started to do it super bad today after about 8hrs of running. huge vibration on full lock

I'm watching for the postman daily for a Zero one-way from rc mart (now all sold out interestingly) & 16T &18T Aluminum Center Pulley Gears from 3 racing. These will reduce the CS to either 1.55, 1.75 respectively. No need to change out front pulleys, its pretty obvious 3racing intends you to replace the rear one only given its the only one with a post tensioner. Going to try and use the original 22t as a pulley tensioner off the post
Old 10-17-2012, 02:59 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by HugolikaBoss
can i ask is there a reason you bought both types Pickled? i think that was your lengthy shopping list i was reading. Are the ssk drive shafts from the zero a worthy upgrade to get rid of chatter? Mine just started to do it super bad today after about 8hrs of running. huge vibration on full lock

I'm watching for the postman daily for a Zero one-way from rc mart (now all sold out interestingly) & 16T &18T Aluminum Center Pulley Gears from 3 racing. These will reduce the CS to either 1.55, 1.75 respectively. No need to change out front pulleys, its pretty obvious 3racing intends you to replace the rear one only given its the only one with a post tensioner. Going to try and use the original 22t as a pulley tensioner off the post
ok if you've read previous posts I had a spit about my axle pins coming out of the joints, at the time I wasn't aware how to set them up and thought as they were already assembled they would be done right obviously you can't assume people do a good job. So was going to replace the rears with the ssk's, but I was told how to assemble the stock ones for longevity so I only used the double cardins in the end and I am extremely happy with them. I don't experience any chatter at all now. I would think the ssk's will do a similar job but I haven't tried them. I don't need to use them now with my D3 I'm going to use them on another chassis. Just make sure your pins aren't the problem! if they are refer back a couple of pages for the fix, also set your end points on your radio to 80% or less as the stock axles can't cope with full lock which is what caused my problem I think. I really have to recommend the TRF double cardins they cost more but they are awesome.

I'm going to be getting some alloy pulleys in the coming weeks and replacing the diff pulleys with alloy ones but I'm getting better at controlling my drifts now so might just stick with this ratio for now

Changed the front camber to 5* its a bit better for transitions

Last edited by pickled; 10-17-2012 at 07:44 AM.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

if 3racing dont start selling ther upgrades soon im going to do the street jam steering mod like this guy did

well now that i have 3 d3 i have to order everything 3 time lol

my parts should be in next week

here is what i got
3 18t pulley's
9 13t pulley's
1 oneway as i have 2 already
4 front belts
4 center belts
4 rear belts

after they come in there will be another order going for rpm ball link ends and all the 3racing pink spacer and ball ends
Old 10-17-2012, 05:23 PM
Tech Addict

man you really like your D3's is it just so you can have different shells?? or are you going to have different setup's on all 3 -carpet -bitumen -vinyl? 3racing are going to be making parts just for you. lol

we need to look at modding the bell crank too cause it hits the bulkheads like your mates make the distance in the centre wider will also allow wider steering angles

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.