Search
Like Tree2Likes

3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 07:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sunkist
Can't get hold of a 19t pulley for at least another 2 weeks(to oz)

What do you guys think about putting a 38t on the rear diff replacing the 30t on there, brings the ratio down to 1.69 for the time being so I can at least use it properly..? Theoretically should make it even easier to drift right?

And also have a 23t 48p pinion on the motor, would putting say, and 18 or 19t pinion on there assist the the "too much" power? Aswell as dropping the throttle end point to about 60%

Sorry for all the questions. The CS calculation stuff took me a while to understand lol
You can turn down the punch control through the program box for your ESC and definitely the throttle end points by your remote. CS drifting does not need to carry as much speed or power.

For the CS calculations...go here
http://driftmission.com/tools/
Select the R31 which is the same 3belt set up as our D3...then plug in the pulley values.
And lastly...don't get frustrated with it. It does take a while and you need a lot of practice, then some more practice, then lots more practice. And don't drive it like 50/50 drifting if you got started on 50/50 drifting.

I love this chassis and it I'd take me a while to get used to CS.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

After 3 hours on the roads seeking for 1 or 3mm washers to put under the uppder deck ,I did not find anything :P But...... i figured out how to tension my rear belt more . I put 2x2mm washers under the rear belt tensioner making it 4mm in total higher Ofc i changed the screw to a bigger one and now i am enjoying the 75%Cs Ratio
Old 08-21-2013, 09:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by SinfulEdge
Hey guys, I've been reading through this thread trying to catch up. I have a quick question. Does anybody know if any of the Active Hobby damper pistons for rc drift would fit the D3 or if the Tamiya TRF special damper set would fit the D3?

Can't post links yet.
Thanks guys, you've helped out a lot.
Welcome to the forum and the d3 section
Why do you need to change the damper pistons ? In any case, if they are ment for 1/10 touring or drift cars they should probably fit
Old 08-21-2013, 12:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by eunique
You can turn down the punch control through the program box for your ESC and definitely the throttle end points by your remote. CS drifting does not need to carry as much speed or power.

For the CS calculations...go
Select the R31 which is the same 3belt set up as our D3...then plug in the pulley values.
And lastly...don't get frustrated with it. It does take a while and you need a lot of practice, then some more practice, then lots more practice. And don't drive it like 50/50 drifting if you got started on 50/50 drifting.

I love this chassis and it I'd take me a while to get used to CS.
Thanks for a response! I have to figure out how to change the end points In the remote. Thanks for the link! It would've been easier than sitting down yesterday and hitting out a process of elimination to find out how you were getting the final ratios lol. But I got there in the end

And the 19t turned up a lot earlier than expected so I put that on there, and the difficulty has reduced a lot with some throttle control, I'm able to do tighter corners now so definitely understanding it better now after practicing a bit.

Have also ordered a whole bunch of alloy and graphite options which should be here soon!
Old 08-21-2013, 04:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by FoiVoS_
Welcome to the forum and the d3 section
Why do you need to change the damper pistons ? In any case, if they are ment for 1/10 touring or drift cars they should probably fit
Thanks for the response. I'm wanting to rebuild my shocks to aluminum and use some different oils. These particular damper pistons make it so a dual damper rate can be achieved. Oil flows through one direction faster than the other. It's suppose to help with greater control and stability.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

If you haven't yet bought your aluminum shocks yeah racing just released their brand new titanium coated dampers . the have the dual rate pistons too . http://www.rcmart.com/year-racing-xp...g-p-36300.html
Old 08-22-2013, 04:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Interesting. Just installed the c hubs on all four, and found one front wheel not free spinning as it should(one way diff) thought the bearings may be shot.. Turns out the swing shaft pin had come half way out without me knowing, causing one of the wheels to have a sticky spot as it spins. Any one else have this issue? Looks like because of it the pin cradle has very slightly warped, making that swing shaft a tad bit tight. Oh well wide angle shafts it is
Old 08-22-2013, 04:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by FoiVoS_
If you haven't yet bought your aluminum shocks yeah racing just released their brand new titanium coated dampers . the have the dual rate pistons too .
Wow, thanks for the info. That seems a hell of a lot easier and cheaper route. very interesting. Ugh, I haven't had the chance to drive my D3 yet and I'm getting way to ahead of myself with what I want to do with it.

I do want to drive it a bit before I start doing major additions to it, but with KPI and playing with other bits here and there...well at least I know how quickly my Bank account is going to hit E. ahaha
Old 08-22-2013, 12:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah as i am 16 my father does not allow me to spend a lot of money on rc so i have kinda same problems :P But learn it first and then try the dual compression as it might not suit to your style . Cs drift is all about fitting your style and making it look realistic ! Cheers
Old 08-22-2013, 06:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sunkist
Interesting. Just installed the c hubs on all four, and found one front wheel not free spinning as it should(one way diff) thought the bearings may be shot.. Turns out the swing shaft pin had come half way out without me knowing, causing one of the wheels to have a sticky spot as it spins. Any one else have this issue? Looks like because of it the pin cradle has very slightly warped, making that swing shaft a tad bit tight. Oh well wide angle shafts it is
Yes its a common problem and has been posted here plenty of times. You should grind down a flat spot in the pin so the set screw had a good place to bite into and use red threadlock on the set screw so it doesnt back out.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:26 PM
Tech Rookie

So that's what I've lost then, the set grub screw. Damn
Old 08-22-2013, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by SinfulEdge
Thanks for the response. I'm wanting to rebuild my shocks to aluminum and use some different oils. These particular damper pistons make it so a dual damper rate can be achieved. Oil flows through one direction faster than the other. It's suppose to help with greater control and stability.
No need to replace the stock dampeners. The fronts do require stiffer springs and you can do a slow rebound mod for a few pennies.
http://www.csjunkies.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=982
Old 08-23-2013, 05:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by pettyeagles
No need to replace the stock dampeners. The fronts do require stiffer springs and you can do a slow rebound mod for a few pennies.
Thanks for the suggestion. But I want to upgrade to Alum. anyways so might as well go that route. Appreciate it. I have another question regarding the Speed Passion Reventon pro esc. Is there any difference between the blue and black esc's?
Old 08-23-2013, 07:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

You should start a topic or ask in the electronics section
Old 08-26-2013, 11:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

My flysky gt3c transmitter is broken ... the spring inside it's steering wheel is broken and the wheel wont return on it's neutral position ... I am off cs drifting until i fix it or they send me new .. Now working on pop-up headlights for my 180sx yokomo body , any tips or ideas from 180sx users ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.