Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Robitronic iCube Speedo

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 12:28 AM
Tech Elite

Default New Robitronic iCube Speedo

Robitronic have made a new speedo. It include variable drive frequency, depending on throttle position and a datalogger, where you can see for example the current draw.

iCube

Based on my personal and fellow racers experience, Robitronic delievers outstanding quality. It'll be interesting to see what this nice little thing can do...

I got an CS Electronic Rocket Max, which also have auto changing drive frequency, and thats a great feature - smooth when needed and hammer hard acceleration when needed
Old 02-25-2005, 12:38 AM
Tech Master

Default Yes but.....

Originally posted by Cole Trickle
Robitronic have made a new speedo. It include variable drive frequency, depending on throttle position and a datalogger, where you can see for example the current draw.

iCube

Based on my personal and fellow racers experience, Robitronic delievers outstanding quality. It'll be interesting to see what this nice little thing can do...

I got an CS Electronic Rocket Max, which also have auto changing drive frequency, and thats a great feature - smooth when needed and hammer hard acceleration when needed
Does it say hello to you when you turn it on.

http://www.teamorion.com/global/global_news.asp?id=2781
Old 02-25-2005, 01:01 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Yes but.....

Originally posted by Mabuchi540
Does it say hello to you when you turn it on.

http://www.teamorion.com/global/global_news.asp?id=2781
My Rocket Max is more like Mad Max, making it real inspiring and fun to race, so it's me, that say "hello my little baby", when I turn it on
Old 02-25-2005, 01:35 AM
Tech Regular

Saw it in Nurnberg at the International Toy Fair ... looks very promising
Old 02-25-2005, 05:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Any idea of cost?? I didn't see it on the English version of Robitronics' website. I too have a CS Rocket Max and love it. I wish availability and cost were better. If the dollar keeps sinking against the Euro or pound....we won't be able to afford any of the good stuff coming out of Europe.
Old 02-25-2005, 06:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've been running the prototype ever since the World Championships in Kissimmee last year. It's a great little speedo. Great punch and still smooth. I didn't see it in the announcement, but it is watertight too! It is also quite interesting to analyze the data through the computer. It for instance showed I managed to pull a whopping 700W at the start of my Worlds final...
Old 10-12-2005, 12:43 PM
Tech Regular

We tested the iCUBE speedo these last couple of days ...

Using a 19 Turn Motor, the speedo gives impressive punch and top speed. We did in fact some record lap times immediately. This was using power program 1 and current limit of 120 Amp. For super stock racing, looked ultra impressive

When we went to test modified motors, we had some problems. We tried power program 1, 2 and even 3 today. Using a 7 Turn Single Motor and an IB 3800, it seems to create some sort of glitch repeatedly after few secs at beginning of race. You have the feeling that both throttle and steering are locked for couple of secs. This happened always until the battery voltage sort of cools down a bit.

Using an 8 turn and less strong battery, we had no problems at all. We have diodes, the whole lot. We changed servo, receiver, crystals, etc ... there is only the speedo that we think could be the cause now. Any particular settings we need to do maybe? Any ideas?
Old 10-14-2005, 05:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Any one know were we can purchase these in the USA?
Old 11-11-2005, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Default availability

Where can i get this speedo?
Old 11-11-2005, 09:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

yea same here I saw this in RCCA and was so hyped but couldn't find a single reseller

anyone?
Old 11-11-2005, 04:07 PM
Tech Regular

Hi everyone,

Not sure about other international distributors, but I have these speedos for sale in Malta (Europe) already.

Let me know if I can help,
Best regards,

Mark
Old 11-11-2005, 04:32 PM
Tech Master

you got pm need on of these things before the 18th my hara fused out on me..... is the size of the unit same as the VFS and the GTX?
Old 11-11-2005, 06:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dhiracing.com
Hi everyone,

Not sure about other international distributors, but I have these speedos for sale in Malta (Europe) already.

Let me know if I can help,
Best regards,

Mark
Whats the going price?
Old 11-12-2005, 01:06 AM
Tech Regular

The iCUBE is small like other top-end speedos on the market. It measures 27x25x13.5mm and weights 21g, plus it is actually a Datarecorder (Throttle position, Current, Voltage & Laptimes) too.

It's only bit expensive though

I am contacting Robert of Robitronic to see what is the best thing to do for your guys.

Hold on a bit
Old 11-13-2005, 05:02 PM
KoE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

€228.99 phewww iCUBE Speedo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.