Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Ride/Moorespeed Tyres, Setup Changes After Using Sorex? >

Ride/Moorespeed Tyres, Setup Changes After Using Sorex?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ride/Moorespeed Tyres, Setup Changes After Using Sorex?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 05:17 AM
Tech Elite

Questions?? Ride/Moorespeed Tyres, Setup Changes After Using Sorex?

Hi has anyone tried the Ride/Moorespeed tyres (I belive they are ther same but please correct me if I'm wrong) and what changes did you have to make from when running Sorex?

Are there any simple changes that have made the setups comparable, like less droop or more camber etc or has it been more complicated than that.

I ask as when I tried some Ride 32's (red wheel writing, Re32, P/N 26007) on asphalt back to back with Sorex 32RY's they seemed to make the rear of the car a little looser on some corners.
The profile of tyre appears a little more 'square' than the profile of the Sorex's aswell.

Also, has anyone tried the Re32 with the foam insert (26011) outdoors?
Thanks
Skiddins
Old 07-02-2012, 06:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

i have just tried Ride Re36 last month and i found them dissapointing. i tried them becuase they were cheaper than sorex and a lot of people were raving about them. i used RIDE inserts yellow ones but the car dont have the same amount of grip as SOrex. I notice that if i slow down a lot and i punch the gas hard while cornering, the car will oversteer. its ok if you keep the cars speed more or less constant. Some drivers tell me that its becuase of the inserts. i find that hard to beleive because my Sorex works with any soft inserts. With Sorex i am able to really slow down the car and stab the throttle like mad coming out of the corner and my car goes where i want it to. i also notice the Rides have too much sideewall grip. there were many times when my car flipped for no reason eventhough i did not hit anything.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

try changing droop to 6 on front and 5 on rear
Old 07-15-2012, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by alcyon
i have just tried Ride Re36 last month and i found them dissapointing. i tried them becuase they were cheaper than sorex and a lot of people were raving about them. i used RIDE inserts yellow ones but the car dont have the same amount of grip as SOrex. I notice that if i slow down a lot and i punch the gas hard while cornering, the car will oversteer. its ok if you keep the cars speed more or less constant. Some drivers tell me that its becuase of the inserts. i find that hard to beleive because my Sorex works with any soft inserts. With Sorex i am able to really slow down the car and stab the throttle like mad coming out of the corner and my car goes where i want it to. i also notice the Rides have too much sideewall grip. there were many times when my car flipped for no reason eventhough i did not hit anything.
I think part of it is to do with the profile of the tyre, it is very square shouldered compared with the Sorex so I think that camber and camber gain might be a bit more important.
But that's why I originally asked the question to see if anyone had anything specific they could mention.

Skiddins