Wiki Posts
Search

Wolcott Hobby track?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 09:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Wolcott Hobby track?

Hey guys, I've been into rc for many years but I've always been a basher. Just recently, I bought a losi 8ight t 2.0 with a losi brushless conversion kit. I bought the truck with the intention of possibly getting into racing. I've gone to Wolcott hobby's outdoor track a couple times but it's really neglected. Still pretty fun for me because I'm just there to practice but it would be nice if it were maintained. Does anyone else still go there and does anyone know if they plan on holding races in the future?
Old 06-26-2012, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...y-raceway.html
Old 06-26-2012, 04:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gene158
Hey guys, I've been into rc for many years but I've always been a basher. Just recently, I bought a losi 8ight t 2.0 with a losi brushless conversion kit. I bought the truck with the intention of possibly getting into racing. I've gone to Wolcott hobby's outdoor track a couple times but it's really neglected. Still pretty fun for me because I'm just there to practice but it would be nice if it were maintained. Does anyone else still go there and does anyone know if they plan on holding races in the future?
Hi Gene,
Right now the track is a little neglected. This is mostly due to the fact we have been putting a lot of time and effort into the electric indoor track, and haven't had the time to work on the track or run a race program. We went out and worked on the track today and will continue to work on it. Also we are planning a few races. One of them will actually be on Sunday July 8th. I am going to post all of the information for that race in our regular race thread.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks for the info Kyle. I met Lester the first time I went there and he seemed like a real nice guy. He did mention being busy with the new track. Glad to hear the track's getting some tlc! I'm hoping to get down there this weekend. I ride motocross and do occasionally volunteer at the track I ride at; it's just good track etiquette. So if you guys ever need some help down at your rc track, I'd be willing to help out.