Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Old 07-21-2007, 05:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mattwoodcraft
im thinking of buying the bd-m does it drive the same or better than the old one with the geometry of the car ?
There's several more upmarket parts but I think in general it's much the same to actually drive.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mattwoodcraft
im pretty lucky on the parts situation the local hobby shop seems too stock alot here and when i do order parts they always arrive on time. the austarlian destributor keeps a good stock of parts in thats for sure...

im thinking of buying the bd-m does it drive the same or better than the old one with the geometry of the car ?

the only change is the rear shock tower is 1mm higher than the stock BD one
Old 07-21-2007, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JJC
Anyone got any tips for removing the play between the front drive pulley and the layshaft (when running the fixed pulley)?

Thanks
Instead of using thick silver shims on one side and black thin shim on the other side.

Use silver thicker shims on both sides. This will take out the play on the layshaft.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

Ive just started running the progressive shock springs and I have noticed that the end of the spring starts to slide over the adjustment ring on the shock body.
Has anyone else had this problem and what do you do to stop it happening.
Is Chris Granger still posting help on this thread, be good to see him on here again.

Rhys
Old 07-25-2007, 05:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crabboy
Ive just started running the progressive shock springs and I have noticed that the end of the spring starts to slide over the adjustment ring on the shock body.
Has anyone else had this problem and what do you do to stop it happening.
Is Chris Granger still posting help on this thread, be good to see him on here again.

Rhys
im using it without any problems.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:53 AM
Tech Addict

information; if using brushless with 3.5 or 4.5. remember to check and change the diff spring as often as possible. because i tighten the diff 1/2 to 3/4 turn back. the spring become weak, and you will start burning pulley again, like me. the new spring length 6.5mm or more and hard. after i use it for 3races become only 6.3mm, and very soft. and start melting the pulley again. just sharing my expirience, hopefully usefull...
Old 07-26-2007, 03:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HOPENK
information; if using brushless with 3.5 or 4.5. remember to check and change the diff spring as often as possible. because i tighten the diff 1/2 to 3/4 turn back. the spring become weak, and you will start burning pulley again, like me. the new spring length 6.5mm or more and hard. after i use it for 3races become only 6.3mm, and very soft. and start melting the pulley again. just sharing my expirience, hopefully usefull...
yes i also encountered this too. anyway, it gave me unpredictable diff feel but after i replaced it and did a rebuild. My diff is still raceable after 6 racedays of modified and 19t
Old 07-26-2007, 12:08 PM
Tech Adept

i'm using tamiya msxx's alu diff (it needs some small mods on lathe to fit well..)
built with ceramic 3/32 balls ,yokomo's plates, tamiya screw nut ,spring and finally ceramic diff thust bearing.....it is very very smoot and lasts many runs .......i'm running mamba 7700 motor and track power lipos....
after 10 runs it is still smooth and firm......also i use a drop of threadlock on the screw aftere setted it well

Bye.....
Old 07-26-2007, 08:14 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by capellone24
i'm using tamiya msxx's alu diff (it needs some small mods on lathe to fit well..)
built with ceramic 3/32 balls ,yokomo's plates, tamiya screw nut ,spring and finally ceramic diff thust bearing.....it is very very smoot and lasts many runs .......i'm running mamba 7700 motor and track power lipos....
after 10 runs it is still smooth and firm......also i use a drop of threadlock on the screw aftere setted it well

Bye.....
thanks for sharing with us.
can you tell me more detail about your modification to the al out drive?
are you using bd pulley or tamiya, the same teeth?
yokomo diff plate fit into tamiya out drive?
thrust bearing yokomo or tamiya?
thanks man.......
Old 07-27-2007, 03:06 AM
Tech Adept

1..the tamiya outdrive has a little step of alu near the pulley that had to be removed to fit in bd diff housing......you need a lathe to make this mod....

2 you can use bd pulley

3 use yokomo's diff plates fit perfectly...

4 tamiya thrus beraing (i use a ceramic one...)

i think that is a good modification for BD...tamiya diff has plasic blades that save the outdrives....and the small diff screw has fine adjustment .....

also i 've seen titanium racing diff for BD......it's very nice ,has removable delrin cups and semms that lasts very long.....

here is a pic

and a pic of my car with tamiya diff fitted

here are a pair of pics of my new CREST japanese chassis....i still don't try it...but seems very nice in weight distribuition.....

Ciao

sorry for my bad english.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by capellone24
1..the tamiya outdrive has a little step of alu near the pulley that had to be removed to fit in bd diff housing......you need a lathe to make this mod....

2 you can use bd pulley

3 use yokomo's diff plates fit perfectly...

4 tamiya thrus beraing (i use a ceramic one...)

i think that is a good modification for BD...tamiya diff has plasic blades that save the outdrives....and the small diff screw has fine adjustment .....

also i 've seen titanium racing diff for BD......it's very nice ,has removable delrin cups and semms that lasts very long.....

here is a pic

and a pic of my car with tamiya diff fitted

here are a pair of pics of my new CREST japanese chassis....i still don't try it...but seems very nice in weight distribuition.....

Ciao

sorry for my bad english.

Hi, where did you get a ceramic tamiya Thrust bearing?
Old 07-27-2007, 11:57 AM
Tech Adept

from ebay...walawala bearing shop.....he has many caeramic stuff...bearings, diff balls..it is cheaper than rcshops and quick in shiiping.....,you'll save a lot of money.

Bye
Old 07-27-2007, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

was it just the balls or the entire thrust bearing with the rings too?
Old 07-27-2007, 11:10 PM
Tech Adept

entire thrust bearing......it has a ring with holes that holds the small balls between the plates.........
Old 07-29-2007, 05:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

where do u measure front drop from? screw? bottom of caster block that sticks down?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.