Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 02:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi all, I just bought a used BD Masami and have a couple problems, when i turn it to the left it would understeer and push, but i would turn right and it would do the opposite, oversteer and spin out if i gave it too much throttle.
I tried rebuilding the car to stock specs, and it would just do the same thing. I checked everything and all the settings are balanced on both sides. What can be causing this??
Old 04-12-2007, 02:08 PM
Tech Regular

Although you say that everything is balanced , it souns like a tweak problem to me. I would check again rear droops and chassis tweak!! also check the ST. EPA at your transmitter and stop the knuckles just before hitting c hubs!!
Old 04-12-2007, 02:08 PM
Tech Regular

Although you say that everything is balanced , it sounds like a tweak problem to me. I would check again rear droops and chassis tweak!! also check the ST. EPA at your transmitter and stop the knuckles just before hitting c hubs!!
Old 04-12-2007, 04:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

well the australian yokomo dealer has been told that yokomo will no longer be making touring cars.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

SAY IT AIN'T SO!!
Old 04-12-2007, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

to the best of my knowledge it "AINT SO"

I hope its just a comunicaton error...
Old 04-12-2007, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If it's true, it would be a sad day
Old 04-12-2007, 05:35 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JasonC
to the best of my knowledge it "AINT SO"

I hope its just a comunicaton error...
hey jason.. this is the longest you've stayed with a car. doesnt it hurt? havent chatted with you in a long. i take it you'll be running reedy?

hit me up when you're on AIM again.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ody553Y
Hi all, I just bought a used BD Masami and have a couple problems, when i turn it to the left it would understeer and push, but i would turn right and it would do the opposite, oversteer and spin out if i gave it too much throttle.
I tried rebuilding the car to stock specs, and it would just do the same thing. I checked everything and all the settings are balanced on both sides. What can be causing this??
We had a similar sounding situation recently. The problem was rear shock tower which was in tweak. We didn't notice this for some time as we usually just untweak by opening the top deck screws. We opened all screws and re-tightened everything carefully. When retightening the shock towers you could hang the car by lifting from the middle of the shock tower while tightening the screws one on the other side and then the second on the opposite side etc.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by lignum vitae
well the australian yokomo dealer has been told that yokomo will no longer be making touring cars.
not likely. yokomo has a racing heritage. they've won so many JMRCA titles. why abandon the largest EP racing class?
it is more likely that they will stop manufacturing any more subsequent batches of the BDM, focus on the upcoming buggy world champs and release a new touring car then.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

That might be so, but we here in Australia have not been able to get chassis's for over 4 months.
Their focus seems to be towards offroad with the worlds on this year, but that does'nt help us TC drivers.

Originally Posted by Kyew
not likely. yokomo has a racing heritage. they've won so many JMRCA titles. why abandon the largest EP racing class?
it is more likely that they will stop manufacturing any more subsequent batches of the BDM, focus on the upcoming buggy world champs and release a new touring car then.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have been using a BD here in the UK for 6 months or so now and need to change the front steering hubs. I have '0' written on the ones that are on there, but I have spare but they have '1' on them. Am I right in saying that the ones that are on there are 0 degree trailing and the spares are 1 degree trailing. If I swap these over, what will the effect be and will I need to adjust anything to keep the setup as it is now.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MoGGo
I have been using a BD here in the UK for 6 months or so now and need to change the front steering hubs. I have '0' written on the ones that are on there, but I have spare but they have '1' on them. Am I right in saying that the ones that are on there are 0 degree trailing and the spares are 1 degree trailing. If I swap these over, what will the effect be and will I need to adjust anything to keep the setup as it is now.

Going to the 1 degree trailing will smooth out the steering and actually give more steering on power. The 0 degree will be more reactive but in reality it gives less steering on midcorner to exit. It is almost like playing with the caster.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:50 AM
Tech Rookie

hi, i know everyone goes on about getting there car to flex outdoors. but at the weekend at torc i saw Ian Whittingham using the 3mm chasis and alll the stiffining braces. so he was using the shocks to get the grip and it worked 1st in 19 turn. he was using white springs possable yokomo progressives. but i waswondering if anybody less had tried this outdoors.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:41 AM
Tech Master

I use stock chassi with stock motor bulkhead but rear sidepost and rear brace removed.
I also use the new Yok progressive springs (green/pink)

works just fine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.