Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by coons88
Hi, Hopefully someone can give me a quick reply here.

Does anyone know if the BD steering posts #BD-200P are the same as either the LCG #SD-202LPL or the SDW #SD-200LW posts?
They look the same as the SDW ones, but not too sure.

Thanks
From what I know about Yokomo, if they have a different part number they are not the same part. But, my guess is they won't fit or work properly.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Quante
Hi all, Bought a BD a few weeks ago and I'm very pleased with it, great car and handles better as my previous RDX.
I bought the car 2nd hand (in mint condition :-) ) but it came with 2 diffs, on the smaller tracks I'm just as fast as with a one-way, but I miss a lot on on power steering out of the corner.
Asked a shop what to buy best, spool or one way and they told me most drive spool... so the TB spool is on its way.

The question is, what kind of setup changes can I expect?? maybe (prolly) more drag brake I presume...
What kind of extra wear will the spool cause me?

Greetz

Dirk
You might need to soften up the front up the front of the car a bit to gain some more turn-in, which a spool normally lacks. Also, the SDW short arms might be worth getting to increase turn-in. What sort of surface are you running on and with what tyres as there might be some setups available for spools.

This weekend I gave a new ackerman plate a try. This is the one that is 4mm forward and seems only to be available to Masami and a few others, and I have been told it is to be released. Well a friend got some made up, so I installed it on the car using the same ackerman position as before with the std plate, but used the front holes on the HPI steering knuckles so I didn't have a ridiculous amount of steering!!! Even so, steering response was much much better and I had a lot more steering lock. This was on a medium sized asphalt track using a spool. I will be giving it a go indoors on rubbers where the car is already awesome in a few weeks time, after the final few national events coming up.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Ali Graham, ygpm question for ya
Old 08-15-2006, 12:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ali Graham
You might need to soften up the front up the front of the car a bit to gain some more turn-in, which a spool normally lacks. Also, the SDW short arms might be worth getting to increase turn-in. What sort of surface are you running on and with what tyres as there might be some setups available for spools.

This weekend I gave a new ackerman plate a try. This is the one that is 4mm forward and seems only to be available to Masami and a few others, and I have been told it is to be released. Well a friend got some made up, so I installed it on the car using the same ackerman position as before with the std plate, but used the front holes on the HPI steering knuckles so I didn't have a ridiculous amount of steering!!! Even so, steering response was much much better and I had a lot more steering lock. This was on a medium sized asphalt track using a spool. I will be giving it a go indoors on rubbers where the car is already awesome in a few weeks time, after the final few national events coming up.
Well, I'm driving on pretty flat asphalt with medium to high grip. The tires I run are Pit Shimizu D25 (comparable to cs27).
Running an even softer front huh, might have to look into that.
I'll hope my spool arrives in the next few days so I can try it and soo what difference it makes.

Thx for the advice.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default pitch?

Guys recently i found a nice spur gear, (part ZC-678) a Yokomo 78 tooth.
But discovered that its 48pitch, ive had a search through yokomos web page, but as yet i cant see them in a 64pitch, any one know if they come in 64?
(and a prt number)
please!

S
Old 08-15-2006, 06:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bluey_74
Guys recently i found a nice spur gear, (part ZC-678) a Yokomo 78 tooth.
But discovered that its 48pitch, ive had a search through yokomos web page, but as yet i cant see them in a 64pitch, any one know if they come in 64?
(and a prt number)
please!

S
Generally the pinion and spur you use with 64 pitch has quite a few more teeth on it than an equivilent 48 pitch pinion or spur, its actually the diameter of the spur v's the diameter of the pinion that determines the ratio.

If you're converting to 64 pitch Simon remind me Saturday night and i'll give you the 64pitch spur and pinion from my Masami kit that I wont be using. Thats if you're going to be there, or are you still moving in this weekend?
Old 08-15-2006, 01:49 PM
Tech Regular

Hi,

@Ali Graham: I remember that you tried to fit the HB parts in your BD? What's the result? Did it work?
I think the bearings for the wheel axle are different (10x5x4 instead of 10x6x3). How did you solve that?

Thank you
Cheers
Chris
Old 08-15-2006, 02:22 PM
Tech Regular

Hi,
I've got the fronts working perfectly fine (c-hub and steering block) but the rears require a bit more attention. I tried them, didn't like the handling change (very very twitchy it seemed to me) and so couldn't be bothered playing with them anymore
The fronts on their own seem to give smoother steering, and a lot more steering lock. The Yok steering assembly tended to bind quite easily without modifications, but the HBs are great straight out the packet. Also with the steering blocks, your ackerman choices are doubled thanks to an extra hole
I think I have some pics lying around of the car with these parts on but if I can't find them I will post some when I rebuild the car over the next few coming days.
HTH
Old 08-15-2006, 02:24 PM
Tech Regular

Hi,

that's nice. Thank you.
Do you have a new steering plate for this? Or do you just use the old one?
What's with the driveshafts? Do the Yokomo ones fit in the front and in the rear?

Cheers
Chris
Old 08-15-2006, 02:29 PM
Tech Regular

The std ackerman plate works fine although I have received some plates that are 4mm further forward to make use of the hole further forward and to give more steering lock. Something Chris Grainger, Olly Jeffries ( I think!) and Masami have done. I liked it very much!!!!
Regarding bearings, I have used the Yok ones in the front without any problems but some shimming is required to reduce the play. Std front driveshafts will work fine. Back at the rear, some more work is required, I am not quite sure but Masami's work on it looks a bit odd, a mate of mine has got around the teething troubles and I will get him to post on here to tell you what he has done
Old 08-18-2006, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Talking

ANyone know where I can get these parts:

Aluminum Front Suspension Mount (Rear) ¥1,280
Front Suspension Mounts for the MR-4TC SD and BD.
Toe-out of the front suspension arms helps improve steering response. Choose from 0.5, 1.0, and 1.5 degree settings.

SD-300F05 Toe-Out 0.5° UPC: 639342065448
SD-300F10 Toe-Out 1.0° UPC: 639342065455
SD-300F15 Toe-Out 1.5° UPC: 639342065462
Old 08-18-2006, 10:17 AM
Tech Regular

Hi,

Champ RC has them.
In Europe there are 2 shops who have them. Unfortunately all of them in the shipment my dealer received were bent or didn't fit.
Don't know if any other shop has the same problems...
Perhaps Yokomo tries to push the production of the parts and doesn't look at quality. Would be too bad...

Cheers
Chris
Old 08-18-2006, 11:23 AM
Tech Regular

A similar problem to when the non-traling steering blocks were in high-demand
Old 08-18-2006, 03:33 PM
Tech Adept

Ali G,

When running the new/HPI C-hubs and Knuckles, what is the max steering lock you can get? Standard yok stuff = 24 degrees.

Cheers
Old 08-19-2006, 08:17 AM
Tech Regular

Mr Bidewell, to gain the extra steering lock i believe you need the new steering rack so that you can run the front holes in the steering block. Its the juniors this weekend so i wouldnt expect a reply for a while. Im looking at getting the new motor mount made up just need to draw it first.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.