Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Old 10-24-2005, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Shopkeeper
I have been fighting a push with the spool, I have a speedtech spool in it. The car seems real good everywhere but right in the middle of the corner, it just won't rotate enough. I will try the Bd plastic spool and see if it helps. Last weekend I ran one car with a spool and one with diff, The car with a diff was right about the same lap times as the car with the spool, so I really want to get that push out of the spool car and I think it would pick up the lap times.

Thanks for your help

Does your car have alot of body roll? Maybe try going to a stiffer rear spring, or moving the rear upper shock location out one hole.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ChadCapece
Very true. My car picks up about .1-.2 seconds per lap (on a 16sec. lap) by using a plastic spool. The speedtech spool makes the car push just a little bit more. And when I ran them back to back, the plastic spool felt better and had better laptimes.
Did you use the plastic spool from Yokomo? Does it wear out fast or not?
Any experience with it is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Piyo Piyo
Did you use the plastic spool from Yokomo? Does it wear out fast or not?
Any experience with it is appreciated. Thanks.
I took two plastic diff halves, 2 blue rings for the halves, diffscrew assembly, and Team Losi spool pads. They are a direct fit. Just tighten up the screw with the halves pressing against the gear. Works fine, and is more precise than the Yokomo plastic spool with the cheapo aluminium diff sleeves. I was very suprised to find out that it wears out much less than I expected. I ran one for about 2 months without breaking it or wearing it out too much. I also didn't take too many hits, and no high speed crashes.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

i ran the yokomo plastic spool, i crashed the car, hard, very hard,spool and blue rings look pretty ugly but it still works. wish i had a camera to post pictures of the spool, i had one that snapped in half with a mild crash, but the next one, took more abuse then any normal person would give.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

hi guys
I have a carpet bottom chassis i got from jimnews....it's up for sale..
it's in the sale forum...
just in case anyone is interested.

thanks
Old 10-24-2005, 09:35 PM

Thumbs up

ChadCapece
I took two plastic diff halves, 2 blue rings for the halves, diffscrew assembly, and Team Losi spool pads. They are a direct fit. Just tighten up the screw with the halves pressing against the gear. Works fine, and is more precise than the Yokomo plastic spool with the cheapo aluminium diff sleeves. I was very suprised to find out that it wears out much less than I expected. I ran one for about 2 months without breaking it or wearing it out too much. I also didn't take too many hits, and no high speed crashes.
Would you please, if it is not too much trouble list the part numbers here, so the newbi " myself " does not order the wrong parts.
Thanks.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChadCapece
Does your car have alot of body roll? Maybe try going to a stiffer rear spring, or moving the rear upper shock location out one hole.
Yep, tried it. The back was stiff, way to stiff in my opinion. I had raypeed whites, shocks stood up, even tried sway bars all the way to gold.

I forgot about the losi pads, I will try that. Thanks

Have you guys played with the shims under the hinge pin mounts to change roll centers? If you take them out it lowers the roll center and therefore gives it more roll? If you were to raise them up it would raise the roll center and give it less roll? Also, how about antisquat and antidive?

Edit because I had more and less in the wrong spots

Last edited by Shopkeeper; 10-24-2005 at 11:01 PM.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Just wanted to inform everyone that I will no longer be running for Yokomo. Good luck to everyone and happy racing
Old 10-27-2005, 06:48 PM

Can somebody please tell me the Team Losi Spool pads part number.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
Just wanted to inform everyone that I will no longer be running for Yokomo. Good luck to everyone and happy racing
hey matt..
what will you be running now? FK05? RDX? Cyclone? 415msx?
Old 10-27-2005, 08:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

just say the word and Mo and I will take care of you......LOL
Old 10-27-2005, 10:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

...we'll all miss the valuable input
Old 10-29-2005, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default Help a Yok newby?

Anybody willing to lend a hand?

So I've been racing for a while, but recently picked up a Yok BD. Last night was my first trip to the track with it. Track has new CRC carpet and has been run in nicely. High traction for sure. Descent size with a flowing with a few tech spots.

I started off with the 'straight outta the box' setup. Running stock rubber. Not too bad, but a lot of oversteer on exit. I stood up the rear shocks, helped a ton. Car felt balanced as it relates to oversteer/understeer...but now I had too much traction. I was bicycling in many of the turns. I went up one stiffer spring rate all around. Didn't really seem to help much, I was still lifting in many of the turns.

Also, at the same time, I realized that I was scrubbing the chassis - specifically the outside servo mount. I was running 5mm height, so lowering the car isn't an option the way I have it right now.

The car was good - I was .2 seconds off the fastest lap with only three packs in the car, so I was stoked...but I need to get the car flat. I was running older (but scrubbed on a lathe) tires, so this problem will only get worse with new, better tires. Track runs Spec TakeOff tires, so different rubber isn't an option.

I'm thinking stiffer springs. Right now, it has blue's up front and yellow's in the rear. Whatta think?

On a seperate issue, it seems like these shocks have too much stroke. By that, the tire has the ability to travel above the bottom of the chassis. I was considering putting some 'O' rings on the shock shaft (on the outside) to limit the travel. Whatta think?

thanks in advance for any help or suggestions-
TC_Tuner
Old 10-29-2005, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
just say the word and Mo and I will take care of you......LOL
I don't think he will need your help, he is going to run a Losi...
Old 10-29-2005, 02:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TC_Tuner
Anybody willing to lend a hand?

So I've been racing for a while, but recently picked up a Yok BD. Last night was my first trip to the track with it. Track has new CRC carpet and has been run in nicely. High traction for sure. Descent size with a flowing with a few tech spots.

I started off with the 'straight outta the box' setup. Running stock rubber. Not too bad, but a lot of oversteer on exit. I stood up the rear shocks, helped a ton. Car felt balanced as it relates to oversteer/understeer...but now I had too much traction. I was bicycling in many of the turns. I went up one stiffer spring rate all around. Didn't really seem to help much, I was still lifting in many of the turns.

Also, at the same time, I realized that I was scrubbing the chassis - specifically the outside servo mount. I was running 5mm height, so lowering the car isn't an option the way I have it right now.

The car was good - I was .2 seconds off the fastest lap with only three packs in the car, so I was stoked...but I need to get the car flat. I was running older (but scrubbed on a lathe) tires, so this problem will only get worse with new, better tires. Track runs Spec TakeOff tires, so different rubber isn't an option.

I'm thinking stiffer springs. Right now, it has blue's up front and yellow's in the rear. Whatta think?

On a seperate issue, it seems like these shocks have too much stroke. By that, the tire has the ability to travel above the bottom of the chassis. I was considering putting some 'O' rings on the shock shaft (on the outside) to limit the travel. Whatta think?

thanks in advance for any help or suggestions-
TC_Tuner
Seems like you are on the right track, my suggestion is to put a coat of CA on the outside sidewall of your front tires. It will take a little of that steering away. Try Rayspeed red springs in front too.

Also, most of the factory drivers have removed the tab on the outside edge of the chassis that mounts the servo, just use the inside mount and use shoe-goo to hold the servo in place.

Limiting the travel is a good idea too. Try these in steps one at a time and see if you can get improvement. Tires first.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.