Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 02:19 AM
Tech Master

Changing or updating models frequently is like a double edged sword. It has it advantages and disadvantages.

The disadvantage is in the fact that in no time at all your ride is outdated. The advantage is the fact that the new car or new parts will put you back up there with the latest and fastest.

If you are a serious racer, surely the second alternative is the one for you, and Yoke are certainly right up there providing us with all the latest tweeks fresh from Masami sans test bed. I think we should be grateful for that.

But perhaps the greatest asset of the latest series of Yoke touring cars is the quality and specification. My BD is probably the only car I have ever had that has remained "Standard". It had everything in the box and there was nothing else I needed to do to make it competitive. Look at the "luxury performance" touring car. It doesn't even have alloy shocks. It doesn't have alloy arm mounts. Hell it doesn't even come with a battery brace. The Yoke BD has all this, and lots more.

And how many world championships have Yoke won ? That's got to count for something.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:27 AM
s2
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by johnbull
I have run the TIR Worlds drive shafts on both my BD and son's TC4s and can highly recommend them.

I run an RW Racing spool on the BD and have just ditched the alloy IRS spool on the TC4s and replaced them with the works lightened steel versions.

Never had any drive problems with either car.
do you know where online RW Racing spools are sold, preferbly somwhere with quick service, destroyed my 2nd Yok plastic spool today and the UK KOGP is at the weekend dont want 2 be spool-less for that
Old 08-21-2005, 09:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

What about using the BD spool from Speedtechrc (it's not plastic). Mine is holding up extremely well but then again, I'm racing Stock -JB
Old 08-21-2005, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by s2
do you know where online RW Racing spools are sold, preferbly somwhere with quick service, destroyed my 2nd Yok plastic spool today and the UK KOGP is at the weekend dont want 2 be spool-less for that
RW are in UK. Give them a ring and ask neil where you can get one.

I believe they originally made a batch for CML so you can ask them too.

See you at the KO Gp.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:59 AM
s2
Tech Adept

thanks for the info Joe, i half though RW were in the UK wasnt 100% though, i cant seem to find any contact details for RW Racing, their website appears to be just a front page? will try CML tomorrow though.

cool that your comming over for KOGP, should be a great event, 21 heats seems mad

Stew
Old 08-21-2005, 10:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by s2
thanks for the info Joe, i half though RW were in the UK wasnt 100% though, i cant seem to find any contact details for RW Racing, their website appears to be just a front page? will try CML tomorrow though.

cool that your comming over for KOGP, should be a great event, 21 heats seems mad

Stew
RW phone number 02392 588001. Speak to Neil. He'll probably tell you I took the last lot, but he may have made some more.

If you're really in it, let me know. I'll see what I can do.
Old 08-21-2005, 01:00 PM
s2
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by johnbull
RW phone number 02392 588001. Speak to Neil. He'll probably tell you I took the last lot, but he may have made some more.

If you're really in it, let me know. I'll see what I can do.
thanks again, will give them a ring in the morning and see, fingers crossed
Old 08-21-2005, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Does anyone know where I can get a Editable setup sheet for the Yokomo BD any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-21-2005, 05:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Any body got a nice setup for a Yok. World Champion ? For carpet or asphalt, if you can give me both better...

Thanks,
Juan
Old 08-21-2005, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mike ivy
Does anyone know where I can get a Editable setup sheet for the Yokomo BD any help would be greatly appreciated.
You can get a set-up sheet from the Yokomo USA web site. Click on the BD at the home page and then click downloads. It's in Adobe format.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:07 AM
Tech Regular

Can someone tell me where I can order a locked centre from please. I would use speedtech but they've run out
Thanks
Old 08-22-2005, 04:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ali Graham
Can someone tell me where I can order a locked centre from please. I would use speedtech but they've run out
Thanks
Rainbowten in Japan.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:56 AM
Tech Regular

I never got a SDW so i cant try it but as the BD has the holes drilled out for the split type suspension mounts, could the ones from the SDW be put on the car so that you can run short arms on the front? Someone must own a worlds kit and a BD. Its just at a recent national in the UK a Yokomo team driver was running what looked like shorter arms on the front.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:11 AM
Tech Regular

No, sorry, you cannot use the SDW front arm mounts on BD.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan Hughes
I never got a SDW so i cant try it but as the BD has the holes drilled out for the split type suspension mounts, could the ones from the SDW be put on the car so that you can run short arms on the front? Someone must own a worlds kit and a BD. Its just at a recent national in the UK a Yokomo team driver was running what looked like shorter arms on the front.
the shorter arms will work on the car if you dremel away the excess material to clear. since the hinge pin hole has been moved cut away the portion that would be towards the center of the car to allow clearance. i've used these arms to gain turn in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.